Author Topic: Panicked Dems Lay Groundwork to Codify Roe, Impeachment of SCOTUS Conservative Justices  (Read 282 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Legal insurrection by Stacey Matthews Tuesday, May 3, 2022

“Several conservative Justices, who are in no way accountable to the people, have lied to the Senate, ripped up the Constitution, and defiled precedent and the Court’s reputation,” read a joint statement from Sen. Majority Leader Chuck Schumer and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi.

As expected, Democrats just lost it in the aftermath of the bombshell report from Politico about the draft majority opinion from the Supreme Court in which Justice Samuel Alito wrote in response to the Mississippi pro-life case currently before the court that “We hold that Roe and Casey must be overruled.”

While draft opinions are subject to change and no actual ruling has been made (as Chief Justice John Roberts confirmed in a statement Tuesday), as far as Democrats are concerned this is their Code Red Moment to spring into action and in the process willingly and deliberately undermine every single institution in this country in order to try and preserve the so-called “right” to abortion.

Two options they’re laying out on the table to “rectify” the dire (for them) situation are 1) to “codify” Roe v. Wade via Congressional legislation and 2) to accuse conservative Justices including Alito and Brett Kavanaugh of “lying” during their confirmation hearings when they were asked about Roe v. Wade.

Gaming out the two scenarios above, Democrats don’t have and won’t get 60 votes to “codify” abortion rights into law. And if what Sens. Joe Manchin and Kyrsten Sinema said Tuesday is a reliable indicator, the likelihood that the filibuster is going away is slim to none.

More: https://legalinsurrection.com/2022/05/panicked-dems-lay-groundwork-to-codify-roe-impeachment-of-scotus-conservative-justices/

Online Kamaji

Online DefiantMassRINO

If lying was a big sin in DC, God would have flooded the Swamp many times over.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.