Author Topic: Ukraine 2  (Read 99989 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ukraine 2
« Reply #1750 on: July 31, 2022, 04:28:32 pm »
'There is no path out of economic oblivion for Putin': Russia is LOSING financial war with the West, with sanctions catastrophically crippling the country, new report shows

By WALTER FINCH FOR MAILONLINE
29 July 2022

Russia is losing the economic war with the West and its economy is in catastrophic and irrevocable decline even as it cuts off the gas supply to Europe, a new report  has claimed.

As panic spreads across Europe over the prospect of gas rationing and spiralling energy prices, it is in fact Russia which is on the ropes, with business in retreat and sanctions catastrophically crippling their economy.

And while Putin causes panic in European governments by throttling gas supplies, the strategy is unsustainable for the dictator as he burns through reserves and his budget goes into deficit. 

This is the verdict from a Yale-authored report that has looked beyond the Kremlin's cherry-picked economic figures to access private Russian language and other unconventional data sources.

The report looked at high frequency consumer data, cross-channel checks, releases from Russia’s international trade partners and mining of complex shipping data to produce an economic analysis measuring the state of Putin's economy and what the future might have in store for it.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11058709/There-no-path-economic-oblivion-Putin-Russia-LOSING-financial-war-West.html

Offline bilo

« Reply #1751 on: July 31, 2022, 05:38:58 pm »
'There is no path out of economic oblivion for Putin': Russia is LOSING financial war with the West, with sanctions catastrophically crippling the country, new report shows

29 July 2022

Russia is losing the economic war with the West and its economy is in catastrophic and irrevocable decline even as it cuts off the gas supply to Europe, a new report  has claimed.

As panic spreads across Europe over the prospect of gas rationing and spiralling energy prices, it is in fact Russia which is on the ropes, with business in retreat and sanctions catastrophically crippling their economy.

And while Putin causes panic in European governments by throttling gas supplies, the strategy is unsustainable for the dictator as he burns through reserves and his budget goes into deficit. 

This is the verdict from a Yale-authored report that has looked beyond the Kremlin's cherry-picked economic figures to access private Russian language and other unconventional data sources.

The report looked at high frequency consumer data, cross-channel checks, releases from Russia’s international trade partners and mining of complex shipping data to produce an economic analysis measuring the state of Putin's economy and what the future might have in store for it.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11058709/There-no-path-economic-oblivion-Putin-Russia-LOSING-financial-war-West.html

The challenge is to keep the weak sisters in the EU from surrendering to Putin. Instead of laughing at Trump they should have been taking notes. I'm still not getting it why the EU countries haven't increased their purchases from Africa, especially Nigeria. 

It was interesting to learn that the oil production in Siberia after the collapse of the USSR has never been equal to the production from before the collapse. Now that all the top engineering firms have pulled out it raises the question about how much oil Russia can produce to sell to China.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1752 on: July 31, 2022, 05:44:03 pm »
The challenge is to keep the weak sisters in the EU from surrendering to Putin. Instead of laughing at Trump they should have been taking notes. I'm still not getting it why the EU countries haven't increased their purchases from Africa, especially Nigeria. 

It was interesting to learn that the oil production in Siberia after the collapse of the USSR has never been equal to the production from before the collapse. Now that all the top engineering firms have pulled out it raises the question about how much oil Russia can produce to sell to China.

That's once reason why Joe has been selling off our reserves.

Yes, they should have taken notes from Trump and obviously it was a huge mistake to kill the Keystone pipeline.  Being energy independent kept us on top of the game.  Now we'll wind up at the bottom of the barrel. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1753 on: July 31, 2022, 05:54:30 pm »

Yes, they should have taken notes from Trump and obviously it was a huge mistake to kill the Keystone pipeline.  Being energy independent kept us on top of the game. Now we'll wind up at the bottom of the barrel.

Don't be so gloomy the trend is in our favor.

The WEF, EU and Rats talk a good game about globalization but the trend is towards deglobalization. We are moving back towards an era where countries have the majority of their supply chains in nation, or very close. The USA has great agricultural resources, more navigable water ways than the rest of the world, huge shale oil/natural gas reserves and our number one trading partner is on or southern border. It takes about 3 months to get shale drilling up and running. We will regain our sanity and the Rats will be marginalized. The greatest challenge will come in reforming the civil service, but it will get done!

Now if we can aid Ukraine in defeating Russia the need to remain in NATO is greatly diminished and we can focus on only helping those nations that help us.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1754 on: July 31, 2022, 06:01:27 pm »

The WEF, EU and Rats talk a good game about globalization but the trend is towards deglobalization. We are moving back towards an era where countries have the majority of their supply chains in nation, or very close. The USA has great agricultural resources, more navigable water ways than the rest of the world, huge shale oil/natural gas reserves and our number one trading partner is on or southern border. It takes about 3 months to get shale drilling up and running. We will regain our sanity and the Rats will be marginalized. The greatest challenge will come in reforming the civil service, but it will get done!

Now if we can aid Ukraine in defeating Russia the need to remain in NATO is greatly diminished and we can focus on only helping those nations that help us.

Well your perspective is very optimistic.  The reality IMHO is we are no longer energy independent, shelves are bare, inflation is through the roof and a push for going green is still on going. Not to mention the destruction that ILLEGALS are having on our country. To boot we are in a recession (I think we're heading towards a depression).

Sorry, but the attention and $$ should be going towards making this country great and staying afloat instead of increasing our debt -- then we can help with situations like the one in Ukraine. 

If we fall, we're not going to be able to help Ukraine and then all the billions spent and handing over our weapons will be for not and will in fact prove extremely detrimental.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2022, 06:02:23 pm by libertybele »

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1755 on: July 31, 2022, 06:13:31 pm »
Well your perspective is very optimistic.  The reality IMHO is we are no longer energy independent, shelves are bare, inflation is through the roof and a push for going green is still on going. Not to mention the destruction that ILLEGALS are having on our country. To boot we are in a recession (I think we're heading towards a depression).

Sorry, but the attention and $$ should be going towards making this country great and staying afloat instead of increasing our debt -- then we can help with situations like the one in Ukraine. 

If we fall, we're not going to be able to help Ukraine and then all the billions spent and handing over our weapons will be for not and will in fact prove extremely detrimental.

I realize it's always easier to be negative and concentrate on the present, but the future is good! The leftists have gone so insane even independents are looking towards the Pubs. Who dominates the Pub party? It's the America First deplorables.

I specifically mentioned how long it takes to get Shale oil production going to let you know that our current energy mess is not permanent and can be turned around quickly.

The Pubs will take back the House in 2022. The Pubs might take the Senate in 2022. The Pubs will take back the Presidency in 2024. Along with these big gains will be the demands of the American public to reverse course. We have a deep bench and clear vision. It's going to be okay!

Lets see Russia pushed out of Ukraine and then get out of NATO.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1756 on: July 31, 2022, 06:23:26 pm »

I realize it's always easier to be negative and concentrate on the present, but the future is good! The leftists have gone so insane even independents are looking towards the Pubs. Who dominates the Pub party? It's the America First deplorables.

I specifically mentioned how long it takes to get Shale oil production going to let you know that our current energy mess is not permanent and can be turned around quickly.

The Pubs will take back the House in 2022. The Pubs might take the Senate in 2022. The Pubs will take back the Presidency in 2024. Along with these big gains will be the demands of the American public to reverse course. We have a deep bench and clear vision. It's going to be okay!

Yes, @bilo what you are proposing and laying out is very feasible. Shale oil production (which I learned about on a trip to CO in 2003) should have been on the template long, long ago and we should have been energy independent long before Trump took office.

That's not reality anymore. Yes,the left's lunacy is crippling this country.  That's obvious.

They also still stole an election. The GOP/RNC have done nothing to ensure that another election isn't stolen and to think that the GOP is going to come in and save the day is not realistic.  Remember they are the party that had a full majority for years and did nothing!

The DEMS are not going to give up their stranglehold on this country. It's just not going to happen.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1757 on: July 31, 2022, 07:11:44 pm »

None of that has a thing to do with Ukraine.

The best thing we can do is to drill, drill, drill, to drive down the price of oil.  That will hurt Russia more than anything.  And it will help us.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1758 on: July 31, 2022, 07:21:26 pm »
None of that has a thing to do with Ukraine.

The best thing we can do is to drill, drill, drill, to drive down the price of oil.  That will hurt Russia more than anything.  And it will help us.

That you and I agree on.  Drill, drill drill. Yet, you and I both know, Joe is not interested in doing anything to help this country.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1759 on: July 31, 2022, 09:45:53 pm »

29 July 2022

@Kamaji

And,to quote a famous tv show line,"Winter is coming".

If the Muddle East agrees to supply Europe with heating oil,Putin's government is toast.

I just hope the "second tier" Russian leadership in the Politburo "man up" and force him out of office before that lunatic loses his grip and uses tactical nukes.

I have a serious suspicion that Putin is NEVER going to resign from power,and is going to have to be physically removed by the Politburo.

I wonder who is going to end up owning that big-ass yacht he had built that is stuck at the shipyard now that the country it was built in has refused to take down a bridge so it can get out of the shipyard,and into the sea?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1760 on: July 31, 2022, 09:48:26 pm »

Yes, they should have taken notes from Trump and obviously it was a huge mistake to kill the Keystone pipeline.  Being energy independent kept us on top of the game.  Now we'll wind up at the bottom of the barrel.

@libertybele

You don't think that was at the core of the plan to destroy America and become a cog the "World Wide Government,Inc" machine?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1761 on: July 31, 2022, 09:51:44 pm »

@bilo

If we can manage to eliminate the former,and potential future "USSR",the only real threat to world peace will be China.

Which can/will result in a huge reduction in military budgets for every nation in the western world.

Online LMAO

« Reply #1762 on: July 31, 2022, 09:58:01 pm »

Preach it!!!

I’ve been saying the same things
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1763 on: July 31, 2022, 10:02:45 pm »
@libertybele

You don't think that was at the core of the plan to destroy America and become a cog the "World Wide Government,Inc" machine?

Of course it is.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1764 on: July 31, 2022, 11:45:47 pm »
@bilo

If we can manage to eliminate the former,and potential future "USSR",the only real threat to world peace will be China.

Which can/will result in a huge reduction in military budgets for every nation in the western world.

I'm with you 100%!

It's just one of many reasons we should supply Ukraine with the weapons to win the war.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1765 on: July 31, 2022, 11:48:10 pm »

Preach it!!!

I’ve been saying the same things

I think there are a lot of us who see the bigger trend. It's just so easy to get caught up in the negative.

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1766 on: August 01, 2022, 12:40:18 am »
I wonder who is going to end up owning that big-ass yacht he had built that is stuck at the shipyard now that the country it was built in has refused to take down a bridge so it can get out of the shipyard,and into the sea?

Putin's yacht was seized in Italy.

The yacht you're thinking of is the one built for Jeff Bezos in Rotterdam.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1767 on: August 01, 2022, 01:29:07 am »

BizPac
Putin targets USA in new Russian Navy doctrine, as fresh scrutiny arises over his limp, and right arm use
July 31, 2022 | Robert Jonathan

A new video has prompted more conjecture about the health status of Vladimir Putin, president of the Russian Federation.

Online sleuths claim that the footage, in which Putin — somewhat unnaturally — swats away mosquitoes from the right side of his face or neck with left hand, while his right hand remained immobile.

The clip embedded below is notable because the dictator is said to be right-handed. This particular occasion was a tour of military museum conducted by Ksenia Shoigu, daughter of Russia’s Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu.

Unconfirmed theories have previously emerged that Putin, 69, an ex-KGB officer who has projected an image of a macho martial artist during his time as the Russian leader, is suffering from blood cancer, thyroid cancer, Parkinson’s disease, or other maladies.

(more)
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/07/31/putin-targets-usa-in-new-russian-navy-doctrine-as-fresh-scrutiny-arises-over-his-limp-and-right-arm-use-1268347/
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1768 on: August 01, 2022, 01:55:35 am »
Putin's yacht was seized in Italy.

The yacht you're thinking of is the one built for Jeff Bezos in Rotterdam.

@Elderberry

Really? I would have sworn it was Putin's yacht.

BTW,what do the Old Soviets still in the Politburo think about Putin having a private yacht?

BTW,why did the Italians seize Putin's yacht

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1769 on: August 01, 2022, 01:57:42 am »
BizPac
Putin targets USA in new Russian Navy doctrine, as fresh scrutiny arises over his limp, and right arm use
July 31, 2022 | Robert Jonathan

A new video has prompted more conjecture about the health status of Vladimir Putin, president of the Russian Federation.

Online sleuths claim that the footage, in which Putin — somewhat unnaturally — swats away mosquitoes from the right side of his face or neck with left hand, while his right hand remained immobile.

The clip embedded below is notable because the dictator is said to be right-handed. This particular occasion was a tour of military museum conducted by Ksenia Shoigu, daughter of Russia’s Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu.

Unconfirmed theories have previously emerged that Putin, 69, an ex-KGB officer who has projected an image of a macho martial artist during his time as the Russian leader, is suffering from blood cancer, thyroid cancer, Parkinson’s disease, or other maladies.

(more)
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2022/07/31/putin-targets-usa-in-new-russian-navy-doctrine-as-fresh-scrutiny-arises-over-his-limp-and-right-arm-use-1268347/

@240B

He might have had a stroke if he has lost the use of an arm. Has he given any televised speeches lately,and if he did,was his speech garbled?

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1770 on: August 01, 2022, 02:16:07 am »
@Elderberry

BTW,why did the Italians seize Putin's yacht

@sneakypete

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/putin-alleged-super-yacht-seized-italy

The yacht was seized under coordinated measures with the European Union due to Russia's involvement in "undermining or threatening the territorial integrity, sovereignty and independence of Ukraine."

https://www.mef.gov.it/en/ufficio-stampa/comunicati/2022/Adopted-the-freezing-decree-of-the-boat-Scheherazade-00001/

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #1771 on: August 01, 2022, 02:39:12 am »
Russian official says Ukraine carried out drone attack on Black Sea fleet HQ

https://www.fijitimes.com/russian-official-says-ukraine-carried-out-drone-attack-on-black-sea-fleet-hq/

A senior official in Russian-annexed Crimea accused Ukraine on Sunday of carrying out a drone attack ahead of planned celebrations to mark Navy Day, injuring five and forcing the cancellation of festivities.

The accusation comes hours before Russian President Vladimir Putin is due to oversee Navy Day celebrations in his hometown of St Petersburg and approve Russia’s naval doctrine as Moscow presses on with its military intervention in Ukraine.

“An unidentified object flew into the courtyard of the fleet’s headquarters,” Mikhail Razvozhayev, governor of Sevastopol, home to Russia’s Black Sea fleet, wrote on the Telegram messaging app.

More at link.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1772 on: August 01, 2022, 03:07:26 am »
“An unidentified object flew into the courtyard of the fleet’s headquarters,” Mikhail Razvozhayev, governor of Sevastopol, home to Russia’s Black Sea fleet, wrote on the Telegram messaging app.

Maybe Russia should reconsider the wisdom of basing their Black Sea fleet in a Ukrainian port.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1773 on: August 01, 2022, 07:56:00 am »

Drillers in this area are having trouble getting hands, and it is summertime.
Manpower remains short, through drilling and frac crews, workover rigs, and truck drivers, and most any job in the patch. If people want a job, they can get one, especially if they have a CDL, just pee clean.

We have about 36 rigs running in North Dakota right now (double 1 year ago), and have been drilling wells at a good rate (about 10 days from spud to TD on a 1280 acre spacing, with 9500 ft. of lateral in zone).

The problem remains takeaway capacity, pipeline or rail, and this Administration has been about as hostile toward new infrastructure, or expansion of existing infrastructure as it gets.

Our biggest obstacle remains the people in DC, at BLM (Bureau of Land Management) USFWS, Interior Dept., DOE and EPA.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1774 on: August 01, 2022, 11:32:30 am »
Ex-Putin advisor Anatoly Chubais suddenly sick from rare neurological disorder

By David Propper
July 31, 2022

A former high-ranking advisor to Russian President Vladimir Putin — who fled the country after the invasion of Ukraine — has fallen seriously ill and was in intensive care Sunday, a report said.

Anatoly Chubais was suffering from a neurological disorder at a European hospital, according to Ksenia Sobchak, a Russian television personality and friend of Chubais.

Sobchak, on Telegram, spoke with Chubais’ wife and was told he was suffering from Guillain-Barre syndrome.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Guillain-Barre occurs when a person’s immune system harms the body’s nerves, which can lead to muscle weakness and even paralysis.

Chubais, 67, had grown numb in his hands and legs. Specialists in “chemical protection suits” probed the room where he suddenly got sick, according to the New York Times.

Chubais did not explain why he stepped down from his post in March, though the assumption is it was due to Russia’s invasion of Ukraine on Feb. 24. His high-profile resignation was one of many following the start of the war.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/31/ex-putin-advisor-anatoly-chubais-suddenly-sick-from-rare-neurological-disorder/