Author Topic: Ukraine 2  (Read 99987 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: Ukraine 2
« Reply #1700 on: July 28, 2022, 12:42:29 pm »
If the shoe fits ....

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1701 on: July 28, 2022, 12:54:18 pm »
Trapped like rats: Russia's 49th army in Kherson is 'highly vulnerable' and completely cut off from other occupied territory after Ukraine strikes bridge again as counter-offensive gains momentum

By CHRIS PLEASANCE FOR MAILONLINE
28 July 2022

Russian troops defending the city of Kherson are 'highly vulnerable' to attack after Ukraine destroyed or damaged bridges linking it with the rest of its occupied territory, British military intelligence says.

Putin's men are now relying on pontoon bridges and ferries to move troops, vehicles and supplies across the Dnipro River after Ukraine blew up Antonovsky Bridge, which is Russia's main road route into and out of the city.

Two other bridges - the Antonovsky Rail Bridge and Nova Khakokva hydroelectric dam bridge - have also been damaged in recent days, and are not fully operational. 

The next-closest bridge spanning the Dnipro - Ukraine's main river which splits the country down the middle - is at Zaporizhzhia, some 130 miles from Kherson and in the middle of a city that Ukraine controls and has heavily defended.

It means Russia has no easy way of reinforcing or resupplying its men in Kherson in the event that Ukraine attacks - a move which is expected to come soon.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11057013/Russian-troops-Kherson-highly-vulnerable-attack-Ukraine-destroys-bridges.html

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1702 on: July 28, 2022, 04:06:01 pm »
This is what the "acceptable regime is doing to the Ukraine people:

This is what the regime you support wthout question has done to the American people:

Chicago:

Philadelphia

Detroit

« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 04:08:13 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1703 on: July 28, 2022, 04:09:53 pm »
This is what the regime you support wthout question has done to the American people:

Chicago:

Philadelphia

Detroit

Interesting that you would compare multi-generational American urban decay with what was done in mere moments in Ukraine. But carry on...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #1704 on: July 28, 2022, 04:21:18 pm »
Interesting that you would compare multi-generational American urban decay with what was done in mere moments in Ukraine. But carry on...

Interesting that you won't----especially since we're living through its planned acceleration. 

But, good try with the spin none-the-less. 

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1705 on: July 28, 2022, 04:22:07 pm »
Interesting that you won't----especially since we're living through its planned acceleration. 

30 seconds... 30 years....    Same result.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1706 on: July 28, 2022, 05:44:41 pm »
Russia launches attack on Kyiv for first time in weeks

By Evan Simko-Bednarski
July 28, 2022

Russian missiles rained down on the Kyiv region Thursday, the first time in weeks the Kremlin has targeted the area surrounding the Ukrainian capital.

“Russia, with the help of missiles, is mounting revenge for the widespread popular resistance,” regional Gov. Oleksiy Kuleba said on Ukrainian TV. “Ukraine has already broken Russia’s plans and will continue to defend itself.”

Kuleba said on social media that infrastructure in Vyshgorod had been hit in the attack, but provided no further details nor casualty figures.

The Chernihiv region was also hit Thursday, with Gov. Vyacheslav Chaus saying the village of Honcharivska was hit by rockets fired from the Belarussian territory.

Kharkiv, Ukraine’s second-largest city and a favorite target for Russian artillery, was also shelled Thursday.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/07/28/russia-launches-attack-on-kyiv-for-first-time-in-weeks/

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1707 on: July 28, 2022, 05:49:00 pm »
I guess the Vogue photo-shoot really pissed the Ruskies off....
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1708 on: July 28, 2022, 06:02:33 pm »
I guess the Vogue photo-shoot really pissed the Ruskies off....

:silly:

Putin just wants to date them/have a three-some with the two of them.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1709 on: July 28, 2022, 06:22:54 pm »

If it looks like the room is turning, it's because you are the one spinning.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline bilo

« Reply #1710 on: July 28, 2022, 06:36:00 pm »
Pro-Russia. Wow.  **nononono*

If you follow the threads it's pretty obvious that there is a group of Pro-Russia posters. They are pretty easy to identify. They excuse everything Russia does including invading sovereign countries and then explaining all the carnage can end if Ukraine would just surrender.

A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #1711 on: July 28, 2022, 06:41:21 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Stop this bullshit.  Nothing pro-Russia about it.  More a pro-American, and not sending my hard earned tax dollars to a corrupt regime statement as far as I am concerned.  If you are so concerned about filling Zelllinsky's coffers , why not just pull your checkbook out and send Vlady a check instead.

Or in true actuality, let the nations in the EU who are finacially better off than us, (UK, Germany, France), and 1000's of miles closer, foot the bill.

If you'd take off your MSM offically issued teal/yellow shaded sunglasses, you'd see this country is $31T in debt broke. Enough already.  I think you owe RIV an apology.

So if I understand your post as I read it you think not helping Ukraine and letting Russia take as much territory as it wants is not a Pro-Russia position?

Apologize to a Pro-Russia poster? I don't think so.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1712 on: July 28, 2022, 06:45:25 pm »
Trapped like rats: Russia's 49th army in Kherson is 'highly vulnerable' and completely cut off from other occupied territory after Ukraine strikes bridge again as counter-offensive gains momentum

By CHRIS PLEASANCE FOR MAILONLINE
28 July 2022

Russian troops defending the city of Kherson are 'highly vulnerable' to attack after Ukraine destroyed or damaged bridges linking it with the rest of its occupied territory, British military intelligence says.

Putin's men are now relying on pontoon bridges and ferries to move troops, vehicles and supplies across the Dnipro River after Ukraine blew up Antonovsky Bridge, which is Russia's main road route into and out of the city.

Two other bridges - the Antonovsky Rail Bridge and Nova Khakokva hydroelectric dam bridge - have also been damaged in recent days, and are not fully operational. 

The next-closest bridge spanning the Dnipro - Ukraine's main river which splits the country down the middle - is at Zaporizhzhia, some 130 miles from Kherson and in the middle of a city that Ukraine controls and has heavily defended.

It means Russia has no easy way of reinforcing or resupplying its men in Kherson in the event that Ukraine attacks - a move which is expected to come soon.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11057013/Russian-troops-Kherson-highly-vulnerable-attack-Ukraine-destroys-bridges.html

Pushing the invaders out of Kherson is going to be very tough. The Russians will have the protection of being in an urban environment. It sounds like the fighting is already starting.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1713 on: July 28, 2022, 06:46:46 pm »
Pushing the invaders out of Kherson is going to be very tough. The Russians will have the protection of being in an urban environment. It sounds like the fighting is already starting.

On the other hand, with all avenues of easy escape cut off, they can simply give the Russians a dose of their own medicine - artillery until there is nothing left but Russian bone-shards dancing in the dust.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1714 on: July 28, 2022, 06:57:00 pm »

On the other hand, with all avenues of easy escape cut off, they can simply give the Russians a dose of their own medicine - artillery until there is nothing left but Russian bone-shards dancing in the dust.

Building Sun Tsu's "Golden Bridge" failed, so that's what it's going to require.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1715 on: July 28, 2022, 07:08:45 pm »
So if I understand your post as I read it you think not helping Ukraine and letting Russia take as much territory as it wants is not a Pro-Russia position?

Okay,  Based on that philosophy . As far as you  endorsing us sending billions and billions billions of $ to the corrupt Ukes, and based on obviously bigger priorites here, and the financial condition we are in? 

That could be construed as an ANTI-AMERICAN position based on your same logic.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1716 on: July 28, 2022, 07:16:43 pm »

I know it would be nice to do, but it's Ukrainian citizens in Kherson as well as invaders and so far Ukraine has tried to avoid killing their own people. Russia has had the advantage because they don't care about human life. They bomb a city into rubble and then roll in.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1717 on: July 28, 2022, 07:20:10 pm »
Okay,  Based on that philosophy . As far as you  endorsing us sending billions and billions billions of $ to the corrupt Ukes, and based on obviously bigger priorites here, and the financial condition we are in? 

That could be construed as an ANTI-AMERICAN position based on your same logic.

Confusing issues only leads to more confusion.

« Reply #1718 on: July 28, 2022, 08:02:34 pm »
If you follow the threads it's pretty obvious that there is a group of Pro-Russia posters. They are pretty easy to identify. They excuse everything Russia does including invading sovereign countries and then explaining all the carnage can end if Ukraine would just surrender.

Is there anything Biden tells you that you do not believe @bilo  ---- anything at all?  Is there any cover you will not extend to the Biden regime?

Make YOUR case for the US accelerating a proxy war with Russia over yet another border conflict in The Ukraine.  Tell me how the US benefits.

Include YOUR explanation for why neither the EU or NATO want the stench of The Ukraine and its world-class corruption in their organizations ---  and why Europe continues to engage Russia, in spite of the carnage, for their comfort, convenience and economic security.

And, please, explain why you don't give a damn about the added impact this sh*tshow is having on Americans.

« Reply #1719 on: July 28, 2022, 08:48:31 pm »

Should have stopped while you were less behind   :laugh:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1720 on: July 28, 2022, 08:57:34 pm »

When my room starts spinning, it's usually a result of a too-high dose of Canadian Whiskey.

:drunk:
I will NOT comply.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1721 on: July 28, 2022, 08:58:22 pm »
Is there anything Biden tells you that you do not believe @bilo  ---- anything at all?  Is there any cover you will not extend to the Biden regime?

Make YOUR case for the US accelerating a proxy war with Russia over yet another border conflict in The Ukraine. Tell me how the US benefits.

Include YOUR explanation for why neither the EU or NATO want the stench of The Ukraine and its world-class corruption in their organizations ---  and why Europe continues to engage Russia, in spite of the carnage, for their comfort, convenience and economic security.

And, please, explain why you don't give a damn about the added impact this sh*tshow is having on Americans.

I guess the initial push to take Kyiv was just a border dispute.

Thanks for making my case.  :yowsa:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1722 on: July 28, 2022, 09:03:01 pm »

Thanks for making my case.  :yowsa:

They've been attacking Kiev itself the past few days....
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #1723 on: July 28, 2022, 09:27:48 pm »

Thanks for making my case.

Try as hard as you may,  you're just not clever @bilo ----- so present your case or lose the pro-Russia smokescreen you're using to hide the truth that you haven't got even one rational reason for the US to be waist deep in The Ukraine.

Let's have your answers to this  pointing-down     Enlighten us.

Make YOUR case for the US accelerating a proxy war with Russia over yet another border conflict in The Ukraine.  Tell me how the US benefits.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1724 on: July 28, 2022, 09:28:25 pm »
They've been attacking Kiev itself the past few days....

I think anyone who has been paying attention recognizes the Russians are barbarians at the gate.

We have the worst possible admn. to handle this, but those are the cards we were dealt. My biggest concern is Brandon will only supply the Ukrainians with enough to fight to a stand still and our military industrial complex will be enriched in the process. We already know Brandon doesn't have the strength to change his incompetent policies and increase energy production so we can export more to Europe and drive down the world price which would further damage Russia. The best possible solution would be to supply the Ukrainians with everything they need with no restrictions and destroy Russia's ability to endanger their neighbors.

If history is any guide, we are better off stopping barbarians early on rather than later.