Author Topic: Ukraine 2  (Read 100011 times)

Online DB

Re: Ukraine 2
« Reply #1625 on: July 22, 2022, 04:36:00 am »
Nope.  You gleefully jumped back into the Cold War.  You are still too afraid to ask the tough questions for this 21st Century shi*tshow  ---- so you own it --- ALL of it --- and you always will.

BTW @sneakypete  ....  until you can name the war you fought in and won, spare me your know-it-all attitude.

Look in the mirror.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1626 on: July 22, 2022, 04:37:59 am »
You are still too afraid to ask the tough questions for this 21st Century shi*tshow  ---- so you own it --- ALL of it ---

This ought to be good.  Which tough questions are those?  The lies about Ukraine asking for all the money that Biden is wasting?  The lies about $40 billion going to Ukraine?  The lies about Ukrainians being drug addicts and nazis?  The lies about Putin being Ukraine's "liberator" and "protector"?  The lies about this being a "border war"?  The lies about Ukraine being at fault for Russia's invasion?  The lies about Zelenskiy being connected with Vice President Biden's corruption?  Which tough question do you wish to ask?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1627 on: July 22, 2022, 05:05:23 am »
Look in the mirror.

I don't really understand the point you're making @DB   ...  But I have been sending out a clarion call for caution since this began; that this should not be viewed as a revival of the Cold War.  All history points to this being SOP for The Ukraine ---- a border crisis wrapped in chest deep corruption.

This is not our fight and neither our blood or treasure belong there.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #1628 on: July 22, 2022, 05:11:54 am »
Nope.  You gleefully jumped back into the Cold War.  You are still too afraid to ask the tough questions for this 21st Century shi*tshow  ---- so you own it --- ALL of it --- and you always will.

BTW @sneakypete  ....  until you can name the war you fought in and won, spare me your know-it-all attitude.

@Right_in_Virginia

Why not tell US the wars you have fought in and YOUR international experience with military aid and training?

You are nothing more than a surrender monkey.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #1629 on: July 22, 2022, 05:32:49 am »

Our troops won their war, the politicians lost it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1630 on: July 22, 2022, 12:41:01 pm »
I don't really understand the point you're making @DB   ...  But I have been sending out a clarion call for caution since this began; that this should not be viewed as a revival of the Cold War.  All history points to this being SOP for The Ukraine ---- a border crisis wrapped in chest deep corruption.

This is not our fight and neither our blood or treasure belong there.

Seems the Netherlands, UK, Germany, France, Italy all are ponying up less per capita for this Ukraine defense than we are.  Why does there seem this less sense of urgency to these nations just 100's of miles from Russia, instead of 1000's like us?

Secondly, Russia is 11th in GDP, and as a power the trending rapidly downward.  If the EU and U.S. hadn't created ths self inflcited GND debacle, oil would still be $40-$50/bbl.  And that decline would have only steepened.  Escalating the matter just drives up the price of oil, and helps Putin.

Me?  I wish the Ukranian people well, and I hope they keep driving the Russians back.  But as far sending another f'ing tax dollar over there....   Hell No.  If this is worth it in the grand scheme of European security.  Let the EU deal with it...not us.

We got enough of a disaster over here thanks to Pedo Joe and his clown car.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1631 on: July 22, 2022, 01:00:20 pm »
All history points to this being SOP for The Ukraine ---- a border crisis wrapped in chest deep corruption.

Pure unadulterated bullshit.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1632 on: July 22, 2022, 01:10:56 pm »
Putin' Ukraine invasion is an 'epic fail', says the head of MI6: Russian offensive is 'running out of steam' and his forces may need to 'pause' in coming weeks

By CHARLOTTE MCLAUGHLIN FOR MAILONLINE
21 July 2022

Vladimir Putin is 'running out of steam' in Ukraine and his forces may have to 'pause' in the coming weeks, the head of MI6 has said.

Richard Moore, the chief of the UK Secret Intelligence Service (MI6), said the war was 'obviously not over' but the Russian President had obviously made an 'epic fail' invading the sovereign state. 

The news comes as Putin has suffered heavy losses and seen at least 66 of his colonels killed in the fighting.

This week the United States estimated the number of Russian casualties during the invasion is around 15,000 while Ukraine put it far higher at 38,850.

Mr Moore also dismissed claims that Putin is suffering from cancer, Parkinson's or another mystery illness, and has often appeared unsteady during recent public appearances.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11037109/Russias-Vladimir-Putin-running-steam-Ukraine-head-MI6-Richard-Moore-says.html

Offline bilo

« Reply #1633 on: July 22, 2022, 03:13:04 pm »

:amen:

Can't be said enough!
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

« Reply #1634 on: July 22, 2022, 03:27:25 pm »

I agree with this @Smokin Joe   Our troops would have won the wars after WWII with the right civilian leadership.  What frustrates me is why so many continue to uncritically give control of military decisions to these same inept and corrupt politicians.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1635 on: July 22, 2022, 04:31:06 pm »
I agree with this @Smokin Joe   Our troops would have won the wars after WWII with the right civilian leadership.  What frustrates me is why so many continue to uncritically give control of military decisions to these same inept and corrupt politicians.

In that case, you know how deeply you insulted Sneaky by implying he lost Vietnam.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1636 on: July 22, 2022, 04:44:24 pm »
In that case, you know how deeply you insulted Sneaky by implying he lost Vietnam.

No less insulting as labeling Putin the "liberator" and "protector" of the Ukrainian people.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1637 on: July 22, 2022, 04:50:04 pm »
No less insulting as labeling Putin the "liberator" and "protector" of the Ukrainian people.

Disagree, that was highly personal. Putin is not a TBR member.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1638 on: July 22, 2022, 04:52:41 pm »
Disagree, that was highly personal.

It is highly personal to Ukrainians who are having their homes destroyed and family members killed and maimed.  But you are correct.  They aren't TBR members.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1639 on: July 22, 2022, 04:54:54 pm »
Is the ready for Ukraine 3

It's been suggested to me in pm's
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1640 on: July 22, 2022, 05:04:20 pm »

:yowsa: Exactly right! WE never lost a single battle in Vietnam.  The Commies (Democrats) in Washington gave victory to the North by undercutting the South Vietnamese government AFTER we pulled out.

They did the same exact thing to General Chang in China and played a large part in allowing Castro's takeover in Cuba as well.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 05:21:04 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1641 on: July 22, 2022, 05:10:44 pm »
Is the ready for Ukraine 3

It's been suggested to me in pm's

Yes, I agree. Last thread got so personal people actually left TBR.
I will NOT comply.

« Reply #1642 on: July 22, 2022, 05:20:54 pm »

Point well taken @Cyber Liberty

I reacted too strongly to you telling me to ESAD.  @sneakypete    I should not have so personalized our military's defeats.   I apologize, sincerely.

Oh, and FWIW, I am not a "surrender monkey"    happy77

« Last Edit: July 22, 2022, 05:26:18 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #1643 on: July 22, 2022, 05:23:39 pm »

I reacted too strongly to you telling me to ESAD, and I apologize for that @sneakypete

Thank you much!!

:thumbsup:
I will NOT comply.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #1644 on: July 22, 2022, 05:27:09 pm »

I reacted too strongly to you telling me to ESAD.  @sneakypete    I should not have so personalized our military's political defeats.   I apologize, sincerely.

Oh, and FWIW, I am not a "surrender monkey"    happy77

Fixed it for you @Right_in_Virginia
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

« Reply #1645 on: July 22, 2022, 05:28:02 pm »
Thank you much!!

:thumbsup:

Sure thing @Cyber Liberty    In the spirit of transparency, I did slightly edit my post.   happy77

« Reply #1646 on: July 22, 2022, 05:29:04 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1647 on: July 22, 2022, 07:41:22 pm »
Biden administration rolls out $270 million Ukraine weapons package
by Jordan Williams - 07/22/22 2:24 PM ET

The Biden administration on Friday rolled out a $270 million security assistance package for Ukraine that includes four more High Mobility Artillery Rocket Systems (HIMARS) and hundreds of tactical drones.

White House national security spokesman John Kirby told reporters that the package includes $175 million in presidential drawdown authority, which allows the Pentagon to send weapons from its own stockpiles.

The remaining funds will go toward contracting up to 580 Phoenix Ghost unmanned aerial systems under the Ukraine Security Assistance Initiative.

The Pentagon first sent the drones in April, when it included 121 of as part of an $800 million weapons package. The drones are similar to the Switchblade drone, which is a small, rapidly deployable system that can fly short distances and is difficult to detect.

The HIMARS will be included in the drawdown package, along with additional ammunition for the systems, as well as 36,000 rounds of artillery ammunition and anti-armor vehicles, Kirby said.

The U.S. has now committed to providing 16 of the launchers to Ukraine, allowing Kyiv to strike targets from greater distances inside of Ukraine.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/defense/3570803-biden-administration-rolls-out-270-million-ukraine-weapons-package/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline berdie

« Reply #1648 on: July 22, 2022, 08:07:31 pm »

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #1649 on: July 23, 2022, 05:27:18 pm »
Air Force Open to Sending A-10s to Ukraine for Fight Against Russia
Thomas Novelly
Thu, July 21, 2022 at 11:47 AM

Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall said Wednesday that some of America's aging A-10 Thunderbolt combat jets could potentially be given to Ukraine as part of continued efforts to help that country repel Russian forces.

Kendall made the comment at the Aspen Security Forum in Colorado on Wednesday evening after he was asked by a moderator whether the A-10, also known as the Warthog and which the Air Force has been slowly retiring from its fleet while encountering congressional resistance, could be given to Ukraine.

"That's largely up to Ukraine," Kendall said. "Older U.S. systems are a possibility. ... We will be open to discussions with them about what their requirements are and how we might be able to satisfy them."

more
https://news.yahoo.com/air-force-open-sending-10s-164748969.html
Support the USO