Author Topic: Ukraine 2  (Read 100018 times)

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Ukraine 2
« Reply #1400 on: July 08, 2022, 11:23:02 pm »
So when does this blank check for Zellenski end?
More to the point, promised, approved, earmarked, etc. are not DELIVERED, where that equipment can make a difference.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1401 on: July 09, 2022, 12:36:41 am »
More to the point, promised, approved, earmarked, etc. are not DELIVERED, where that equipment can make a difference.

Hate to tell you, but we are $31T in debt.  Why can't less debt laden countries in the EU fill the bill?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1402 on: July 09, 2022, 12:39:01 am »
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #1403 on: July 09, 2022, 12:43:47 am »
Election Wizard 🇺🇸
@ElectionWiz
BREAKING: US has approved a $400 million security package for Ukraine, per a senior defense official:

• 4 additional HIMARS + ammo
• 3 tactical vehicles
• 1000 precision 155mm artillery rds
• Counter-battery systems, demo munitions, and spare parts
1:36 PM · Jul 8, 2022·

I much rather see these shipments than money, unless the money is being used to buy additional weapons from Poland or other Eastern European countries.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1404 on: July 09, 2022, 12:46:09 am »
So when does this blank check for Zellenski end?

In this case they are quoting the value of the weaponry being sent.

I have no problem giving weapons to Ukraine to kill the Russians. The sooner Russia collapses the better it is for the world.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #1405 on: July 09, 2022, 12:54:01 am »
In this case they are quoting the value of the weaponry being sent.

I have no problem giving weapons to Ukraine to kill the Russians. The sooner Russia collapses the better it is for the world.

I fully agree, I'd like to see Russia and Putin die.  Just why won't EU nations better off than us economically foot the bill. 

Again, I might sound like a  broken record, but we are $31T in debt., and approaching 130% debt to GDP ratio  Botton line Bilo...  We are broke.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1406 on: July 09, 2022, 12:54:11 am »
I'd be asking where the $40 billion is going since the Ukraine military is receiving only a very small fraction of it.

:amen:

Rand Paul had it right about appointing an inspector general to oversee where the money goes. The cause is just, but misuse of money only opens up the opportunity for those that seek surrender to the tyrant to claim otherwise.

Offline bilo

« Reply #1407 on: July 09, 2022, 01:05:40 am »
I fully agree, I'd like to see Russia and Putin die.  Just why won't EU nations better off than us economically foot the bill. 

Again, I might sound like a  broken record, but we are $31T in debt., and approaching 130% debt to GDP ratio  Botton line Bilo...  We are broke.

We've been broke for a long time. The debt is not going to be paid off, it might be monetized if inflation runs long enough. Once the Fed started quantitative easing the monetary system was locked into a downward spiral. I don't think it will be in my lifetime, but at some point in the future a new currency will be created and all those holding govt. treasuries will be out of luck.

As long as Ukraine is willing to do the fighting I'm all for giving them the tools to do it. Among the positives of Ukraine defeating Russia are Russia's collapse. Once Russia falls we have no need for NATO. I would happily see us end that organization and bring our soldiers home. Our future is to the North and South. 

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #1408 on: July 09, 2022, 03:58:33 am »
We've been broke for a long time. The debt is not going to be paid off, it might be monetized if inflation runs long enough. Once the Fed started quantitative easing the monetary system was locked into a downward spiral. I don't think it will be in my lifetime, but at some point in the future a new currency will be created and all those holding govt. treasuries will be out of luck.

As long as Ukraine is willing to do the fighting I'm all for giving them the tools to do it. Among the positives of Ukraine defeating Russia are Russia's collapse. Once Russia falls we have no need for NATO. I would happily see us end that organization and bring our soldiers home. Our future is to the North and South.

It'll be quicker than you realize.  And to the fact we are already broke, i  see not sane reason to accelerate our demise.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1409 on: July 09, 2022, 03:36:25 pm »
Putin loses his 60th colonel in Ukraine: Paratrooper is buried with full military honours as he becomes latest high-ranking officer to die in conflict

By WILL STEWART FOR THE MAILONLINE
9 July 2022

Vladimir Putin has lost at least 60 colonels in the war in Ukraine, it was revealed today.

Lieutenant Colonel Sergei Moskvichev, 45, was buried with full military honours.

A paratrooper, it took Russia three months to retrieve his body from the war zone and conduct his funeral, it was revealed.

He was the 60th known colonel to have died in the bloody war, which has seen a crushing toll of high-ranking officers in Putin's forces, including at least 11 generals.

The revelation of his death came as Putin declared he had hardly begun his military campaign in Ukraine.

'We haven't started anything yet in earnest,' he claimed, despite suffering an overall toll of more than 30,000 troops, according to estimates.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10997521/Putin-loses-60th-colonel-Ukraine-Paratrooper-buried-honours-latest-senior-officer-die.html

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1410 on: July 09, 2022, 03:37:54 pm »
Putin enlists convicted murderers and jailed ex-military spies for war in Ukraine as Russia steps up prison recruitment in desperate bid to bolster frontline forces

By WILL STEWART
9 July 2022

Vladimir Putin is enlisting convicted murderers and jailed spies to fight on the front line in his war in Ukraine, it has been revealed.

Russia is recruiting from prisons in a number of regions across the country.

Among those recruited are jailed ex-military intelligence agents and other former special forces members with previous military service.

Earlier in the war, prisoners serving sentences for the most serious crimes were rejected from the Russian military, but there are now reports that murderers are being recruited as Putin looks for more frontline soldiers.

In some jails, hundreds of inmates are said to be ready to enlist on the promise that they will be granted an amnesty.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10997513/Putin-enlists-convicted-murderers-jailed-ex-military-spies-war-Ukraine.html

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #1411 on: July 09, 2022, 03:49:31 pm »
Vladimir Putin is enlisting convicted murderers and jailed spies to fight on the front line in his war in Ukraine, it has been revealed.
I think we already saw this movie.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1412 on: July 09, 2022, 03:57:26 pm »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1413 on: July 09, 2022, 04:34:08 pm »
UN says Ukraine bears share of blame for nursing home attack
The Hill, Jul 9, 2022, Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) — Two weeks after Russia launched its invasion of Ukraine in February, Kremlin-backed rebels assaulted a nursing home in the eastern region of Luhansk. Dozens of elderly and disabled patients, many of them bedridden, were trapped inside without water or electricity.

The March 11 assault set off a fire that spread throughout the facility, suffocating people who couldn’t move. A small number of patients and staff escaped and fled into a nearby forest, finally getting assistance after walking for 5 kilometers (3 miles).

In a war awash in atrocities, the attack on the nursing home near the village of Stara Krasnyanka stood out for its cruelty. Ukrainian authorities placed the fault squarely on Russian forces, accusing them of killing more than 50 vulnerable civilians in a brutal and unprovoked attack.

But a new U.N. report has found that Ukraine’s armed forces bear a large, and perhaps equal, share of the blame for what happened in Stara Krasnyanka, which is about 580 kilometers (360 miles) southeast of Kyiv, the capital of Ukraine. A few days before the attack, Ukrainian soldiers took up positions inside the nursing home, effectively making the building a target.

The report by the U.N.’s Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights doesn’t conclude the Ukrainian soldiers or the Moscow-backed separatist fighters committed a war crime. But it said the battle at the Stara Krasnyanka nursing home is emblematic of the human rights office’s concerns over the potential use of “human shields” to prevent military operations in certain areas.

https://thehill.com/homenews/ap/ap-politics/un-says-ukraine-bears-share-of-blame-for-nursing-home-attack/

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1414 on: July 09, 2022, 04:45:29 pm »
The UN?  Really?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #1415 on: July 09, 2022, 04:50:03 pm »

88devil

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1416 on: July 09, 2022, 04:55:42 pm »

Yeah, that was fiction, this is reality.  It ain't a movie.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #1417 on: July 09, 2022, 05:15:18 pm »

9999hair out0000  Stop the absurd and continuous flow of money to the Ukraine ad secure OUR darn border instead!!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1418 on: July 09, 2022, 06:37:06 pm »

I agree wholeheartedly.  But I think it is disingenuous to highlight $1 billion in weapons to Ukraine while completely ignoring $39 billion in government graft.  Our government has no intention of ending its massive debt acceleration.  We would be better served to fight against the $39 billion in graft instead of the $1 billion which actually generates a nice ROI in the form of destroyed Russian military capacity.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1419 on: July 09, 2022, 06:41:58 pm »
9999hair out0000  Stop the absurd and continuous flow of money to the Ukraine ad secure OUR darn border instead!!!

The claim in the Tweet is not accurate.  We have not sent more money to Ukraine to secure their border than the amount Trump asked for to secure our own.  Our government is spending billions in the name of Ukraine.  But a pittance of that goes towards Ukraine border security.  Why not go after the 99% instead of complaining about the 1%?

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1420 on: July 09, 2022, 06:42:54 pm »

You are on a roll.  Kudos.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #1421 on: July 09, 2022, 06:50:16 pm »
The claim in the Tweet is not accurate.  We have not sent more money to Ukraine to secure their border than the amount Trump asked for to secure our own.  Our government is spending billions in the name of Ukraine.  But a pittance of that goes towards Ukraine border security.  Why not go after the 99% instead of complaining about the 1%?
OK? So what? If they had given Trump the money to "secure America" instead of Ukraine, the grift would still exist. Trump knew that. So, do we want to spend the grift in Ukraine? Or do we want to spend the grift and the gain in America? Your answer is empty and void.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1422 on: July 09, 2022, 06:53:32 pm »

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #1423 on: July 09, 2022, 06:54:57 pm »
OK? So what? If they had given Trump the money to "secure America" instead of Ukraine, the grift would still exist. Trump knew that. So, do we want to spend the grift in Ukraine? Or do we want to spend the grift and the gain in America? Your answer is empty and void.

The "grift" isn't being spent in Ukraine.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #1424 on: July 09, 2022, 06:55:50 pm »

<sigh>

Again for the umpteenth time, the grift isn't being spent in Ukraine.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-