Author Topic: Ukraine 2  (Read 99832 times)

Offline Hoodat

Re: Ukraine 2
« Reply #400 on: May 13, 2022, 10:55:09 pm »
U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin spoke Friday with Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu for the first time in months, urging "an immediate cease-fire in Ukraine," Pentagon press secretary John Kirby says.

Idiots.  Austin and Kirby want to draw up the new borders now before Russia loses more ground.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #401 on: May 14, 2022, 12:46:26 am »
Idiots.  Austin and Kirby want to draw up the new borders now before Russia loses more ground.

@Hoodat

I think it is more of a case of them lifting their skirts and running for the nearest microphone,so they can later claim credit for ending the war against Ukraine.

Remember,with 99 percent of the politicians,it is all about "Me,me,ME,DAMMIT!"
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #402 on: May 14, 2022, 12:57:42 am »
Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

US House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) is on the House floor right now stating that the United States is at war with Russia and that, because we are “in a time of war,” Republicans shouldn’t criticize Biden.

Are you paying attention yet?

1:03 PM · May 13, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

"Best line of @RepMattGaetz Epic Foreign Policy Speech: “Real morality and real toughness is standing up to the pro-war special interests and globalist powerbrokers. Real morality is affirming forever that the blood of American troops is not for sale to anyone, at any cost.”  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/1131320465195118592

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #403 on: May 14, 2022, 01:34:30 am »
It's official Finland announces its NATO membership
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

« Reply #404 on: May 14, 2022, 02:52:34 pm »
Not to mention the invasion across OUR border .....

Election Wizard
@ElectionWiz

This will fix inflation and the baby formula crisis, right?

9:40 AM · May 14, 2022   Twitter Web App

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #405 on: May 14, 2022, 03:06:03 pm »
Western Weapons in Ukraine Being Sold On via Encrypted Messaging App: Report

Chris Tomlinson 14 May 2022

Miliary-grade weaponry in Ukraine is allegedly being sold on to international buyers on the encrypted messaging app Telegram, including some hardware made in the United States.

Weapons that have been allegedly collected in Ukraine during the country’s ongoing war with Russia have been put up for sale on Telegram channels, including various kinds of automatic rifles and small arms.

Weapons said to be for sale include not just Ukrainian-origin arms such as old Soviet-era AK-47 rifles, but also American-made rifles like the M16 and the M4, along with other NATO member-origin firearms like the ARX 160 A1 manufactured by the Italian weapons company Beretta, newspaper Il Giornale reports.

It remains unclear whether the weapons are being sold by Ukrainians or by Russians who have collected them over the course of the war.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/05/14/western-weapons-in-ukraine-being-sold-on-via-encrypted-messaging-app-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

« Reply #406 on: May 14, 2022, 03:07:53 pm »
MTG:  'Notice U.S. elected politicians like @SpeakerPelosi 🇺🇦 and @LeaderMcConnell 🇺🇦 can go visit Zelensky 🇺🇦 in Ukraine without bullet proof vests/helmets or any fear from dangers of war, while they eagerly give billions to fund their proxy war w/ Russia.'  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1525480274590584832

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #407 on: May 14, 2022, 03:15:58 pm »
 McConnell leads congressional delegation to Ukraine, meets with Zelensky
by Caroline Vakil - 05/14/22 10:27 AM ET

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) and three other Republican senators met with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky in Ukraine, becoming the latest set of top U.S. lawmakers to travel to Kyiv.

Zelensky posted a video on his Instagram showing him meeting with McConnell and Sens. Susan Collins (R-Maine), John Cornyn (R-Texas) and John Barrasso (R-Wyo.). It was not immediately clear when the group of senators had met with him.

“The visit of the U.S. Senate delegation led by Republican minority leader to the Upper House of Congress, Mitchell McConnell, is a powerful signal of bipartisan support for Ukraine from the United States Congress and the American people,” Zelensky wrote in his post.

“Thank you for your leadership in helping us fight not only for our country but for democratic values and freedoms. We do appreciate it very much.”

The Hill has reached out to the offices of McConnell, Collins, Cornyn and Barrasso for comment.

more
https://thehill.com/news/senate/3488375-mcconnell-leads-congressional-delegation-to-ukraine-meets-with-zelensky/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #408 on: May 14, 2022, 03:18:42 pm »
Western Weapons in Ukraine Being Sold On via Encrypted Messaging App: Report

Chris Tomlinson 14 May 2022

Miliary-grade weaponry in Ukraine is allegedly being sold on to international buyers on the encrypted messaging app Telegram, including some hardware made in the United States.

Weapons that have been allegedly collected in Ukraine during the country’s ongoing war with Russia have been put up for sale on Telegram channels, including various kinds of automatic rifles and small arms.

Weapons said to be for sale include not just Ukrainian-origin arms such as old Soviet-era AK-47 rifles, but also American-made rifles like the M16 and the M4, along with other NATO member-origin firearms like the ARX 160 A1 manufactured by the Italian weapons company Beretta, newspaper Il Giornale reports.

It remains unclear whether the weapons are being sold by Ukrainians or by Russians who have collected them over the course of the war.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/05/14/western-weapons-in-ukraine-being-sold-on-via-encrypted-messaging-app-report/

@mystery-ak

So what?

Are any of you foolish enough to think this didn't happen in every war that has ever been fought?

The answer to this is to have the Ukrainians,with the help of the US intelligence agencies,to track down the arms dealers and arrest them.

« Reply #409 on: May 14, 2022, 03:56:22 pm »
@mystery-ak

So what?

Are any of you foolish enough to think this didn't happen in every war that has ever been fought?

The answer to this is to have the Ukrainians,with the help of the US intelligence agencies,to track down the arms dealers and arrest them.

US intelligence agencies are probbly the ones selling them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #410 on: May 14, 2022, 04:42:08 pm »
US intelligence agencies are probbly the ones selling them.

@Right_in_Virginia

IF that is the case,you have nothing to bitch about because the US is making money off the war.

« Reply #411 on: May 14, 2022, 05:16:19 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

IF that is the case,you have nothing to bitch about because the US is making money off the war.

@sneakypete   This sh*tshow is not our war.   Not even your apparent affinity for corruption can put lipstick on this pig.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #412 on: May 14, 2022, 05:25:36 pm »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #413 on: May 14, 2022, 05:26:55 pm »
@sneakypete   This sh*tshow is not our war.   Not even your apparent affinity for corruption can put lipstick on this pig.

@Right_in_Virginia

Yeah,and I am corrupt because I think we should help a free state remain free after being invaded by the Russians.

ROFLAMO!

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #414 on: May 14, 2022, 05:27:15 pm »
@sneakypete
Weird transformation. You were the guy who said you would NEVER vote for Trump or any Democrat because they are all corrupt and incompetent; they are all the same thing.

And now suddenly you seem to be a RAH-RAH-CIS-BOOM-BAH cheerleader on the side of Ukraine, and the Democrat looting of the U.S. Treasury. I do not say this is wrong or right. It is just surprising to me that you would take such a hard stance on promoting a war and America's involvement in it?

But whatever. We all have our opinions on this, or that, or the other.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #415 on: May 14, 2022, 05:50:31 pm »
@sneakypete
Weird transformation. You were the guy who said you would NEVER vote for Trump or any Democrat because they are all corrupt and incompetent; they are all the same thing.

I may be wrong, but I don't recall @sneakypete every saying that.  I think you have him confused with someone else.

And now suddenly you seem to be a RAH-RAH-CIS-BOOM-BAH cheerleader on the side of Ukraine, and the Democrat looting of the U.S. Treasury.

This is a logical fallacy.  The two do not go hand in hand but are independent of each other.  It is entirely possible to support Ukraine while at the same time vehemently opposing the spending excesses of the US Congress, which incidentally have nothing to do with equipping Ukraine with the arms needed to push Russia out of their country.

I do not say this is wrong or right. It is just surprising to me that you would take such a hard stance on promoting a war and America's involvement in it?

Same logical fallacy.  Keep in mind that the only side promoting war here is Russia.  Our role has been to come to the aid of a country wrongly attacked - both morally and politically.  As for American involvement, while there have been numerous posters here (myself included) calling for arms shipments to Ukraine, there is not a single poster here who has advocated for US troops to engage Russian or pro-Russian forces.

As a reminder, Ukraine is not asking for $33 40 billion in aid.  They are asking for the weapons needed to defeat Russia.  If we had jumped on this early, half of Russia's entire armored force would be rusting away on the roads between Kyiv and Belarus.  Instead, Russia was allowed to withdraw those forces and redeploy them into Luhansk, Donetsk, and Kherson.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

« Reply #416 on: May 14, 2022, 05:56:33 pm »
@bilo

NOT good enough to stand on it's own. It is a tactic admission of surrender. Subtle,but obvious.

Someone prominent needs to swallow a little pride and thank them for "making the world a safer place."

Which,ironically enough,would be exactly what they would be doing by pulling all their forces back to Russia.

It doesn't matter at all if you or I or anyone else in the west believes it as long as it is something the typical Russia can convince themselves to believe.

Everything I'm seeing indicates that Putin has a lot of support in Russia. They have been indoctrinated with the propaganda that Nazi's are a threat and NATO wants to destroy Russia. I think the people around Putin are to weak to put an end to the war just as a majority of Russians won't rise up and say the invasion should end.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

« Reply #417 on: May 14, 2022, 06:02:53 pm »

Everything the Brandon admn. does is wrong. Thankfully in the case of Ukraine other leaders have stepped up and dragged the Brandon admn. into doing the right thing.

I think the worse thing to do is end the war before Russia's capability to fight a conventional war is destroyed. After that let Russia deal with all their neighbors who no longer want their boot on their throat.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #418 on: May 14, 2022, 06:09:22 pm »

I may be wrong, but I don't recall @sneakypete every saying that.  I think you have him confused with someone else.

This is a logical fallacy.  The two do not go hand in hand but are independent of each other.  It is entirely possible to support Ukraine while at the same time vehemently opposing the spending excesses of the US Congress, which incidentally have nothing to do with equipping Ukraine with the arms needed to push Russia out of their country.

Same logical fallacy.  Keep in mind that the only side promoting war here is Russia.  Our role has been to come to the aid of a country wrongly attacked - both morally and politically.  As for American involvement, while there have been numerous posters here (myself included) calling for arms shipments to Ukraine, there is not a single poster here who has advocated for US troops to engage Russian or pro-Russian forces.

As a reminder, Ukraine is not asking for $33 40 billion in aid.  They are asking for the weapons needed to defeat Russia.  If we had jumped on this early, half of Russia's entire armored force would be rusting away on the roads between Kyiv and Belarus.  Instead, Russia was allowed to withdraw those forces and redeploy them into Luhansk, Donetsk, and Kherson.
OK, whatever?
As I have always said, I respect all opinions. However in this case, the Democrats are intentionally escalating the Ukrainian conflict for their own purposes, namely the coming election. They are explicitly promoting and extolling that America is "at war with Russia" in order to excuse their catastrophic performance with all things concerning America by saying, "it is not us ... it is all because of the war!" Of course this is nonsense, but it is what the American Left has decided to run with.

If the Democrat self-serving policies incidentally happen to help Ukraine, then so much the better. But that is not the main point of anything the Democrats are doing. Everything Democrats and many Congressional Republicans do is specifically intended to enrich or empower themselves.

While supporting Ukraine may be a noble cause, it is important to remember that the people in charge of allocating the money and equipment necessary to do that, are rotten dirty sneaky bureaucratic thieves, who do not have the emotional capacity to care about anything or anyone beyond themselves.

Offline bilo

« Reply #419 on: May 14, 2022, 06:10:16 pm »
@mystery-ak

So what?

You're absolutely right!

I do think Sen. Paul has a good idea in having an inspector general overseeing where the money is going. I want to help Ukraine everyway possible. I think helping Russia become a 3rd world country will benefit every freedom loving country. However, reasonable oversight is not a bad idea and as you say lets hunt down the arms dealers and let the Ukrainians deal with them. I suspect they will not be as kind as we would.

Offline bilo

« Reply #420 on: May 14, 2022, 06:14:47 pm »
@sneakypete   This sh*tshow is not our war.   Not even your apparent affinity for corruption can put lipstick on this pig.

No it is not. I'm glad you are finally seeing it.

All we are being asked to do is help the Ukrainians defend themselves by providing weaponry and aid.

A great investment in my book!

Offline bilo

« Reply #421 on: May 14, 2022, 06:15:46 pm »
@Right_in_Virginia

Yeah,and I am corrupt because I think we should help a free state remain free after being invaded by the Russians.

ROFLAMO!

:amen:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #422 on: May 14, 2022, 06:16:28 pm »
OK, whatever?
the Democrats are intentionally escalating the Ukrainian conflict for their own purposes, namely the coming election. They are explicitly promoting and extolling that America is "at war with Russia" in order to excuse their catastrophic performance with all things concerning America by saying, "it is not us ... it is all because of the war!" Of course this is nonsense, but it is what the American Left has decided to run with.

I agree 100%.

If the Democrat self-serving policies incidentally happen to help Ukraine, then so much the better. But that is not the main point of anything the Democrats are doing. Everything Democrats and many Congressional Republicans do is specifically intended to enrich or empower themselves.

Agree 100%.  This $33 40 billion spending bill serves one purpose and one purpose only - to ensure both the financial and job security of incumbent politicians.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline bilo

« Reply #423 on: May 14, 2022, 06:28:46 pm »
OK, whatever?
As I have always said, I respect all opinions. However in this case, the Democrats are intentionally escalating the Ukrainian conflict for their own purposes, namely the coming election. They are explicitly promoting and extolling that America is "at war with Russia" in order to excuse their catastrophic performance with all things concerning America by saying, "it is not us ... it is all because of the war!" Of course this is nonsense, but it is what the American Left has decided to run with.

While supporting Ukraine may be a noble cause, it is important to remember that the people in charge of allocating the money and equipment necessary to do that, are rotten dirty sneaky bureaucratic thieves, who do not have the emotional capacity to care about anything or anyone beyond themselves.

I don't disagree with you about the self serving motivations of the Rats and bureaucrats. However, don't let their evil dictate your response. Helping Ukraine is not only the right thing to do it is also among the best investments we could make.

Our soldiers are not being called on to go in and fight. One of our principal adversaries is being destroyed, not only militarily but also economically. Democratically elected govts around the world are recognizing they need to improve their own defense capabilities as well as diversify the energy sources. NATO is growing and will be a stabilizing structure in Europe, especially as the European Union continues to decline.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #424 on: May 14, 2022, 06:37:10 pm »
Kharkiv is a major victory for Ukraine

Joe Inwood, Lviv  |  9:36

The Palace of Culture, in the town of Dergachi, lies in ruins after being hit by artillery

On the outskirts of Kharkiv the retreating Russians left a parting gift.

Dergachi's Palace of Culture is now a smouldering ruin, thanks to a final barrage of rocket artillery.

But, it may be one of the last buildings in Ukraine's second city to suffer this fate.

Kharkiv is called a fortress, and with good reason. It has withstood more than two months of constant bombardment.

Its buildings and people have been battered, but never broken. Its defences never were breached

The city's mayor, Ihor Terekhov, told the BBC people are starting to return – and that the battle has been won.  .  .

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-61441664

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-