Author Topic: Ukraine 2  (Read 99428 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ukraine 2
« Reply #100 on: May 06, 2022, 08:52:29 pm »
Shite!  They kill children with BB guns!

But still... in downtown, D.C., @sneakypete ??

@DCPatriot

It was late 1969,and I hadn't been in America in almost 2 years at that point. It was almost like a foreign country to me. Hell,the last time I had been in America,I was only here about 8 months before volunteering for VN,so I honestly wasn't familiar with American city standards. And that 8 months was out of over 4 years in uniform. I was used to living in Asia and carrying anything I wanted anywhere I wanted to go and having nobody really think anything about it. I was used to carrying automatic weapons everywhere I went,and it honestly never occurred to me to think of an unloaded bolt action rifle being questionable in any way.

Nor did it occur to me that it would be illegal to be standing on a street corner and drinking whisky out of a bottle.

I was suffering from "culture shock".
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 08:54:12 pm by sneakypete »
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #101 on: May 06, 2022, 09:25:14 pm »
Shite!  They kill children with BB guns!

But still... in downtown, D.C., @sneakypete ??
Washington ~50 years ago was a different place than it is now.
We used to go there on elementary school class trips.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #102 on: May 06, 2022, 10:46:36 pm »
Keep seeing pics of dead soldiers in fields and streets of Ukraine. Caption usually reads, 'More Dead Russians'. They seem to be whole indicating that they were shot and not blown up.

But the question that comes to mind first is always, why do they still have clothing, boots, bullet proof vests, LBV, packs, and other sundry accessories? I would think all of these would be gone in hours.

I don't know what to believe, but many of the pictures look like staged propaganda to me.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #103 on: May 06, 2022, 11:07:51 pm »
Washington ~50 years ago was a different place than it is now.
We used to go there on elementary school class trips.

@Smokin Joe   @DCPatriot

All of America was a different place back then. Most people,even elected officials seemed to have some common sense back then.

BTW,I don't know how old you are,but don't believe everything you read about the hippies in the 60's. The old saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" was true. I hit San Francisco for the first time in 1966,wearing a Green Beret and army dress greens.

Even walking down Market Street I had not one minute of trouble with anyone. I did have some genuine hippies stop me and ask me questions about the VN War,but they were respectful,asked serious questions,and then offered me a place to stay with them for free while I was there. The "head hippie" was a really tall,skinny black guy and I not only ran into him again when I returned to the US in 68,but he remembered me and called me by name with a smile and a hug,and warned me to avoid the downtown area where the war protesters were rioting while I was in uniform. He didn't seem to like those people any better than I did. Stayed with him and his friends for a couple of days before coming back east. Never a minute of trouble with any of them.

It was easy to see what was really going on if you went to someplace like Market Street,and just watched what was going on. You would see expensive cars dropping off late teen girls and boys dressed like hippies,and they would hit the streets "playing the role" until mom or dad returned to pick them up later. THESE and the privileged college kids scared of getting drafted were the ones raising all the hell. The posers LOVED getting on the tv cameras,and the college punks were just afraid of the draft. Don't believe it? ALL the big war protests,especially by college kids on campuses stopped when the draft ended. That wasn't a coincidence.

Just like with any other crowd,it only takes a handful to give them all a bad name.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 11:20:25 pm by sneakypete »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #104 on: May 06, 2022, 11:24:06 pm »
Keep seeing pics of dead soldiers in fields and streets of Ukraine. Caption usually reads, 'More Dead Russians'. They seem to be whole indicating that they were shot and not blown up.

But the question that comes to mind first is always, why do they still have clothing, boots, bullet proof vests, LBV, packs, and other sundry accessories? I would think all of these would be gone in hours. [/b]

@240B

I don't know what to believe, but many of the pictures look like staged propaganda to me.

This simplest answer is usually the most accurate. They still have all their gear because they were just killed,and the winners of that battle just then showed up to take the photos and search the bodies. People have better things to do when the shooting is still going on than take photos and strip bodies.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2022, 11:25:39 pm by sneakypete »

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #105 on: May 06, 2022, 11:36:10 pm »
@Smokin Joe   @DCPatriot

All of America was a different place back then. Most people,even elected officials seemed to have some common sense back then.

BTW,I don't know how old you are,but don't believe everything you read about the hippies in the 60's. The old saying "The squeaky wheel gets the grease" was true. I hit San Francisco for the first time in 1966,wearing a Green Beret and army dress greens.

Even walking down Market Street I had not one minute of trouble with anyone. I did have some genuine hippies stop me and ask me questions about the VN War,but they were respectful,asked serious questions,and then offered me a place to stay with them for free while I was there. The "head hippie" was a really tall,skinny black guy and I not only ran into him again when I returned to the US in 68,but he remembered me and called me by name with a smile and a hug,and warned me to avoid the downtown area where the war protesters were rioting while I was in uniform. He didn't seem to like those people any better than I did. Stayed with him and his friends for a couple of days before coming back east. Never a minute of trouble with any of them.

It was easy to see what was really going on if you went to someplace like Market Street,and just watched what was going on. You would see expensive cars dropping off late teen girls and boys dressed like hippies,and they would hit the streets "playing the role" until mom or dad returned to pick them up later. THESE and the privileged college kids scared of getting drafted were the ones raising all the hell. The posers LOVED getting on the tv cameras,and the college punks were just afraid of the draft. Don't believe it? ALL the big war protests,especially by college kids on campuses stopped when the draft ended. That wasn't a coincidence.

Just like with any other crowd,it only takes a handful to give them all a bad name.
DC got ugly with the race riots in the 60s, and we were close enough that agitators were still causing trouble in High Schools as late as the early '70s. The integration issue was still an issue for the folks who told us we had to integrate our schools, and they were still burning buses in Boston when I graduated High School after I'd been going to integrated schools since the 6th grade. It was a lesson in Liberal hypocrisy.

While I was at college (mid to late 70s) there were plenty of 'professional students' who had carefully changed their majors or managed to miss a required course or two to graduate, and some had been going to college to avoid the draft for seven or eight years, partying and not getting a degree, usually sociology, psych, or art majors. We knew them for what they were, 'rich enough' kids whose tuition was their way to not get drafted. Some of them played the hippy shtick, mainly to 'be cool' and get laid, but they were an unimpressive lot who only fooled those easily fooled.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2022, 01:49:58 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #106 on: May 07, 2022, 02:47:37 am »
Russia bringing back the classics.
Russian officers shooting their own soldiers. Russian soldiers shooting their own sergeants and officers.
Not new, depending on how bad it is. This was called 'fragging your own bunker' (a Vietnam term still used today) when I was in. Sounds like the Russian soldiers who are 'conscripted' (forced to be there), and don't believe in Putin or the War, are taking matters into their own hands. This happened in Vietnam more than once.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #107 on: May 07, 2022, 04:16:45 am »
Russian reservists being contacted

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #108 on: May 07, 2022, 01:08:05 pm »
 May 6, 2022 8:59pm EDT
Biden announces additional $150 million in military aid to Ukraine
President Biden has urged Congress to approve his $33 billion request for additional assistance

By Adam Sabes , Jennifer Griffin | Fox News

The United States will send an additional $150 million security assistance package to Ukraine, including "tailored" equipment that will help the country defend itself against Russian forces.

Equipment being sent to Ukraine includes 25,000 155mm artillery rounds, 3 AN/TPQ-36 counter-artillery radars, electronic jamming equipment, field equipment, and spare parts, according to Pentagon spokesman John Kirby.

Kirby said on Friday that the United States will continue providing Ukraine with the necessary assistance to defend itself.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/world/biden-announces-military-aid-ukraine
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #109 on: May 07, 2022, 03:49:45 pm »

https://twitter.com/WARUKRAINE2022/status/1522493892721004546

In case anyone is buying the BS about Russia 'liberating' the 'free independent' State of Donetsk.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #110 on: May 07, 2022, 06:38:35 pm »
Russian tank ace, 25, crowned world champion in international war games contest is killed after Putin sends him into real war in Ukraine

By WILL STEWART FOR MAIL ONLINE
7 May 2022

A 'hero' Russian world champion in an international tank warfare competition was killed when he was sent by Vladimir Putin into a real battle in Ukraine.

Bato Basanov, 25, from Buryatia, was in a record-breaking tank biathlon team that performed last year in war games in front of defence minister Sergei Shoigu and chief of the army general staff Valery Gerasimov.

But his conflict ended in death when his tank was hit in Ukraine.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10792055/Russian-tank-ace-25-crowned-world-champion-war-games-killed-Putin-sends-real-war.html

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #111 on: May 07, 2022, 06:40:16 pm »
Putin loses his 38th colonel in Ukraine war as artillery regiment commander is buried with full military honours

By WALTER FINCH and WILL STEWART FOR MAILONLINE
7 May 2022

Vladimir Putin has suffered the loss of his 38th colonel in the war in Ukraine as the Russian top brass toll worsens.

Lieutenant Colonel Fyodor Evgenievich Solovyov, 44, died in the Donbas, according to reports in his homeland.

Solovyov was commander of the howitzer self-propelled artillery regiment of the 127 motorised rifle division.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10792349/Putin-loses-38th-colonel-Ukraine-artillery-regiment-commander-buried-military-honours.html

Online DB

« Reply #112 on: May 07, 2022, 06:54:40 pm »
And all for what?

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #113 on: May 07, 2022, 07:15:33 pm »
Russia will stay in southern Ukraine 'FOREVER', senior Kremlin figure claims while touring Kherson

By RACHAEL BUNYAN FOR MAILONLINE
6 May 2022

Russia will remain in southern Ukraine 'forever', a senior Russian politician has claimed during a visit to the Moscow-controlled city of Kherson.

Andrey Turchak, a senior member of the ruling United Russia party, warned on Friday there will be 'no return to the past' for Ukrainians.

He said that Russians and Ukrainians will 'live together' in Kherson, the first major city to fall to Russian forces since the start of Vladimir Putin's invasion of Ukraine.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10790015/Russia-stay-southern-Ukraine-FOREVER-senior-Kremlin-figure-claims-touring-Kherson.html

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #114 on: May 07, 2022, 07:32:11 pm »
 Russians to dress Ukrainian POWs in uniforms for Mariupol parade: official
By Snejana Farberov   
May 5, 2022 4:00pm

Russian forces are planning to dress up thousands of Ukrainian prisoners of war in military uniforms during next week’s Victory Day parade in Mariupol, a Ukrainian official claimed Thursday.

Petro Andryushchenko, an aide to the mayor of the besieged port city, wrote on his Telegram channel that officials have learned that nearly 2,000 Ukrainians are being housed in three filtration camps in the hamlet of Bezimenne, which he likened to “ghettos.”   

“These men are held there and they are told that they will be made to wear the Ukrainian [military] uniform and to participate in a so-called ‘war prisoners parade’ in Mariupol because they [the Russians] lack actual prisoners of war,” the adviser said on a national newscast, Ukrainian media reported.

“It will be a grotesque crowd scene for another propaganda image,” he added.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/05/05/russians-to-dress-ukrainians-in-uniforms-for-mariupol-parade/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #115 on: May 07, 2022, 08:36:49 pm »
Russian forces are planning to dress up thousands of Ukrainian prisoners of war in military uniforms during next week’s Victory Day parade in Mariupol, a Ukrainian official claimed Thursday.

If Ukraine tried something like this, a few here would be calling it a "war crime".  But not if Russia does it.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #116 on: May 07, 2022, 10:16:14 pm »
Just a friendly reminder ......

"Do you know who the greatest propagator of disinformation in the history of the world is? The US government"   Powerful statement by Rand Paul, and completely true" (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/emeriticus/status/1523045916147560453

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #117 on: May 08, 2022, 01:07:34 am »
Intense shelling as troops battle to regain Kharkiv region

Sophie Williams - BBC, Lviv  |  7 hours ago

Intense fighting is continuing in the Kharkiv region of Ukraine as troops attempt to regain control of the area from the Russians.

It comes after Ukraine's armed forces claimed on Saturday that they had taken five villages north-east of the country's second largest city.

Analysts say the Ukrainian operation is developing into a successful counter-offensive.

Kharkiv has been the focus of intense shelling since the February invasion.

The governor of Kharkiv region said on Saturday that Russian troops continue "to fire on civilians in Kharkiv region".

Oleh Synyehubov on Telegram reminded people to "not go out unnecessarily" and told people not to ignore the air raid sirens.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-61364217

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #118 on: May 08, 2022, 11:07:20 am »
60 feared dead after Russia bombs school ‘where whole village was hiding’

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/ukraine-russia-war-putin-latest-news-weapons-nuclear-b2074006.html

The school sheltering the ‘whole village’ was struck by Russian forces on Saturday

Around 60 people are feared dead in the Russian shelling of a school in the village of Bilohorivka in the Luhansk region, governor Serhiy Haidai said on Sunday.

He said that two people were confirmed dead while 30 others were rescued from the debris of the school, which was sheltering nearly 90 people at the time it was struck.

Local media reported that the two dead were children, though this has not been confirmed by officials.

More at link.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #119 on: May 08, 2022, 12:45:37 pm »
Senior Russian lawmaker accuses U.S. of being directly involved in Ukraine war

By Joseph Clark - The Washington Times - Saturday, May 7, 2022

The speaker of Russia’s State Duma, Vyacheslav Volodin, on Saturday accused the U.S. of being directly involved in military operations against Russia in Ukraine.

Mr. Volodin’s comments add to growing concern of a looming direct conflict between the U.S. and Russia following reports that the U.S. shared operational intelligence with Kyiv that Ukrainian forces used to kill Russian generals and sink Russia’s Black Sea flagship.

“Washington is essentially coordinating and developing military operations, thereby directly participating in military actions against our country,” Mr. Volodin wrote on his Telegram channel, according to Reuters.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2022/may/7/senior-russian-lawmaker-accuses-us-being-directly-/
Support the USO

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #120 on: May 08, 2022, 12:56:22 pm »
Troubling Questions About How Many of Our Weapons Are Going to Ukraine and If They're Getting to Frontlines
By Nick Arama | May 07, 2022 7:30 PM ET

Congress passed a bill back in March allocating $13.6 billion in aid for Ukraine. Then, on April 28, Joe Biden asked for $33 billion more. Also on April 28, the Senate passed Lend-Lease legislation regarding weapons for Ukraine — which means that Biden can send them virtually anything except nuclear weapons without having to come back to the Congress for approval. Virtually all the Congressional Republicans went along with that, except for ten of them. Why would you give Joe Biden more power when he’s already shown how horrible he is at everything?

I had some questions at the time. Where does that leave us with our supplies if Biden has the authority to give them weapons from our stocks? And how are we ensuring the aid is getting where it’s supposed to be going?

Now, some U.S. officials are expressing concern about our stockpiles being depleted, with us giving away so many weapons.

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/1522930257778651139

more

https://twitter.com/ByronYork/status/1522930257778651139
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #121 on: May 08, 2022, 01:27:13 pm »
Russia will remain in southern Ukraine 'forever', a senior Russian politician has claimed during a visit to the Moscow-controlled city of Kherson.

Andrey Turchak, a senior member of the ruling United Russia party, warned on Friday there will be 'no return to the past' for Ukrainians.

Finally, a Russian political leader tells the truth.  So much for all that BS about Putin "liberating" the free 'independent' [sic] states of Donetsk and Luhansk and that nonsense about this being all about Ukraine joining NATO.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #122 on: May 08, 2022, 01:29:40 pm »
Troubling Questions About How Many of Our Weapons Are Going to Ukraine and If They're Getting to Frontlines
By Nick Arama | May 07, 2022 7:30 PM ET

Congress passed a bill back in March allocating $13.6 billion in aid for Ukraine. Then, on April 28, Joe Biden asked for $33 billion more.

None of the original $13.6 billion was earmarked for weapons for Ukraine.  Not a dime.  I suspect you won't find much difference in the new $33 billion package.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #123 on: May 08, 2022, 04:41:05 pm »
Canada’s Trudeau Makes Surprise Visit to War-Torn Irpin, Ukraine

IRPIN, Ukraine (AP) – Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has made a surprise visit to Ukraine amid Russia’s war on the country.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/europe/2022/05/08/canadas-trudeau-makes-surprise-visit-war-torn-irpin-ukraine/
Support the USO

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #124 on: May 08, 2022, 04:51:08 pm »
First lady Jill Biden makes surprise visit to war-torn Ukraine

Peter Aitken. |  May 8, 2022 11:12am EDT

First Lady Jill Biden has visited Ukraine on Mother’s Day, marking a rare solo trip for the spouse of a sitting president into an active war zone. 

Biden crossed the border from Slovakia on Sunday after visiting a processing center to meet with refugees, The Washington Post reported. She spoke with Ukrainian First Lady Olena Zelenska, who has not appeared in public since the start of the Russian invasion

https://www.foxnews.com/world/jill-biden-visit-ukraine-tour-eastern-europe

Meanwhile, Joe eats pudding in Delaware.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-