Author Topic: Federal Reserve expected to ramp up inflation fight with super-sized rate hike this week  (Read 465 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Published 55 mins ago
Federal Reserve expected to ramp up inflation fight with super-sized rate hike
Fed expected to move more aggressively to cool record-high inflation this week

By Megan Henney FOXBusiness

The Federal Reserve is expected to ratchet up its fight to tame red-hot inflation this week with the first double-sized rate hike in two decades, a move that threatens to slow U.S. economic growth and exacerbate financial pressure on Americans. 

With inflation soaring to a new 40-year high in March, the Fed is under mounting pressure to move more aggressively to cool demand and slow surging consumer prices.

Central bank policymakers raised rates by a quarter-percentage point in March, but are almost certain to approve a steeper, half-percentage point hike at the conclusion of their two-day meeting on Wednesday, the fastest pace since 2000. Many traders believe the Fed will increase rates with another super-sized hike in June, and possibly July too.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/federal-reserve-may-meeting-interest-rate-hike
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Little dribs and drabs ain't gonna cut it any more.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

So, we could have an environment with shrinking GDP, increasing interest rates, and increasing prices.  So, we'll have the worst of all worlds.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online andy58-in-nh

Little dribs and drabs ain't gonna cut it any more.
That's very true, but here's where the Fed gets caught in the debt trap. Interest on the already-ballooning national debt is going to explode, as will personal debt. GDP growth is already heading south and will go solidly negative, as business activity further contracts. It won't be pretty. 
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
That's very true, but here's where the Fed gets caught in the debt trap. Interest on the already-ballooning national debt is going to explode, as will personal debt. GDP growth is already heading south and will go solidly negative, as business activity further contracts. It won't be pretty.

:yowsa: All true!  Every word.

(wouldn't it be nice if we had REAL money instead of this fiat crap?)
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

If the Fed was interested in stopping inflation, they would stop issuing new money.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I doubt anybody here that isn't a leftist shill is even a tiny bit surprised by this.

Frankly,I am  more than a little surprised it took them this long.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@andy from chapel hill

At this point in time their only options were to either do this,or declare national bankruptcy.

The FED should have started making moves when this first started instead of waiting for it to get out of control.

Unfortunately,this country if flat filled with fools who really and truly believe they are doing better today because they are taking home twice as much money as they did under Trump.

They really ARE too stupid to realize it costs them 3 or 4 times more to live now that it did back then,or even more in some instances.

Out of control inflation is every bit as dangerous to a nation as war is,and maybe even more dangerous because it's dangers aren't as obvious to the clueless as a shooting war is.

After all,what good does it do to bring home 400 bucks a week when it buys less than what 150 bucks used to buy. Yeah,you ARE bringing in more money,but it buys far less and you are falling further behind every week.

I remember being able to go to a Ford,Chevrolet,or any other American company car lot and buy a new car with all the options for less than 3 thousand bucks. That's not even a downpayment today. "Starter cars" for high school graduates/college students are now more than 20 grand.

The dirty little "secret" the Dims want to keep us from thinking about as they support all this inflation is that the more workers are paid,the more they pay in income and other taxes.

The only people who are REALLY making money out of all this wild spending is the bankers and the stock market millionaires. Everybody else is losing,even if they haven't noticed it yet.

All brought to you by your friendly Dim politician and his or her RINO running mates who are actually Dims at heart,but pose as Republicans so they can get elected.
The most effective way to destroy a nation is to destroy it's economy.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Fed announced a 50 BP hike today.  (0.5%)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline rustynail

Time to buy those Jumbo CDs?

Online Hoodat

Of course instead of raising rates, they could simply choose to stop handing new money out.  Raising the rate by half a point doesn't stop them from creating fresh money out of thin air and handing it off to someone.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
sneakypete wrote:
"At this point in time their only options were to either do this,or declare national bankruptcy."

I don't think that will happen.
What I believe WILL happen (and I've posted this before):

At some point in the future, after the dem-communists have achieved full control that cannot be taken away from them, they will simply "renounce the debt", bolshevik-style, and start over.

One might think, "well, if they do that, no one will ever lend to them again".
However, by that time I sense that those who "did the lending" previously may have no choice in the matter...

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
sneakypete wrote:
"At this point in time their only options were to either do this,or declare national bankruptcy."

I don't think that will happen.
What I believe WILL happen (and I've posted this before):

At some point in the future, after the dem-communists have achieved full control that cannot be taken away from them, they will simply "renounce the debt", bolshevik-style, and start over.

One might think, "well, if they do that, no one will ever lend to them again".
However, by that time I sense that those who "did the lending" previously may have no choice in the matter...

@Fishrrman

Oh,I STRONGLY suspect the international bankers will be in on it. The commies might make an announcement saying they are reneging on the loans in order to boost their cred,but the truth is they aren't really communists. Like the international bankers,they are Global Fascists,and there WILL be backdoor deals to cut the bankers in on future projects.

And since the left will control every aspect of life in what used to be America,who is going to stop them or tell on them?