Author Topic: Ukraine Says Russia Planning WWII Parade In Mariupol  (Read 278 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Ukraine Says Russia Planning WWII Parade In Mariupol
« on: May 04, 2022, 12:18:28 pm »
Barron's 5/4/2022

Ukraine on Wednesday accused Russia of planning to hold a military parade in the captured city of Mariupol on May 9 to celebrate victory over the Nazis in World War II.

Kyiv said an official from Russia's presidential administration had arrived in the strategic southern port city, which has been largely destroyed in Russia's more than two-month invasion of Ukraine, to oversee plans for the Victory Day parade.

"Mariupol will become a centre of 'celebration,'" Ukraine's military intelligence said in a statement on social media.

"The central streets of the city are urgently being cleaned of debris, bodies and unexploded ordnance," it added.

More: https://www.barrons.com/news/ukraine-says-russia-planning-wwii-parade-in-mariupol-01651662307

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Re: Ukraine Says Russia Planning WWII Parade In Mariupol
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2022, 12:46:53 pm »
Everyone loves a parade!  /s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2022, 12:47:11 pm »

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2022, 01:05:50 pm »
Everyone loves a parade!  /s

Especially Ukraine's SU-25 pilots.

Online Hoodat

« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2022, 01:11:15 pm »
Here's the parade route.

Before invasion                                                                  After invasion
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2022, 01:13:56 pm »
Here's the parade route.

Before invasion                                                                  After invasion

I'm sure they'll get it all spiffed up in time for the parade; a little airbrushing here, a little propaganda there, and - PRESTO! - a gay parade!

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2022, 01:31:08 pm »
So, the Russians are putting themselves in a self-made killbox to make it easier for Ukranians to target them.

I wish the Russians well on their parade, and I wish the Ukranians well on annihilating them.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.