Author Topic: New Jersey WWII veteran competes in Penn Relays — at 100 years old  (Read 219 times)

Offline Kamaji

New Jersey WWII veteran competes in Penn Relays — at 100 years old

By Cortney Moore, Fox News
May 3, 2022

A 100-year-old runner from New Jersey had spectators in a packed arena standing on their feet as he raced against eight other senior athletes.

Lester Wright, of Long Branch, celebrated his 100th birthday with a 100-meter dash at Penn Relays – the nation’s oldest track and field competition, according to FOX 29 Philadelphia.

Wright, who became a centenarian on Friday, April 29, traveled to the competition’s venue in Franklin Field at the University of Pennsylvania’s Philadelphia campus. His race was held on Saturday, April 30.

“I hadn’t [run] in three years because I was ill,” Wright told FOX 29’s Marcus Espinoza after his race. “This is the first race since my recovery.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/03/wwii-veteran-competes-in-penn-relays-at-100-years-old/

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
 :patriot:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Saw an old ass dude run a 13.3 100 meter dash.  He killed it!  Trans athletes want to challenge him now.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.