Author Topic: Why Georgia Gov. Kemp Tops the Polls Despite Trump’s Bid to Take Him Down By Salena Zito  (Read 184 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Why Georgia Gov. Kemp Tops the Polls Despite Trump’s Bid to Take Him Down
By Salena Zito

The upcoming Georgia primary is one of three big contests where Trump has handpicked challengers to upend fellow Republican incumbents.
By Salena Zito
May 2, 2022

Georgia Gov. Brian Kemp says he is certain one thing won’t happen before the Republican gubernatorial primary May 24: an endorsement from former President Donald J. Trump.

After Trump called him “a turncoat, a coward, and a complete and total disaster” in front of a crowd of supporters at a rally in Commerce, Georgia, last Saturday, Kemp is probably not wrong. And he said he is fine with that.

“I’ve never said a bad word about President Trump. And I don’t plan on doing so. I appreciate what he did for our state,” Kemp told me in an interview.

Kemp says his emphasis right now is on the present. “I’m staying focused on what my record is. I can’t control what other people are doing. I’m looking for the endorsement of our voters and I believe I’ll get that on election day.”

Ever since Trump publicly blasted Kemp for refusing to overturn Georgia’s 2020 election results – results that were certified following three recounts – many Georgians figured Kemp would be a dead man walking in this year’s Republican primary race, especially if Trump backed someone else to run against him.

That’s exactly what happened when Trump tapped former U.S. Sen. David Perdue to run against Kemp in the Georgia primary, which many presumed would catapult Purdue ahead of Kemp in the polls.

But polling for the past few months has steadily shown Perdue trailing Kemp by about 10 percentage points. The most recent Fox News Poll in March shows Kemp now up 11 points over the former senator.

more
https://amgreatness.com/2022/05/02/why-georgia-gov-kemp-tops-the-polls-despite-trumps-bid-to-take-him-down/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Hoodat

I'm voting for Taylor.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-