Author Topic: Democrats stalling probe of Cuomo nursing home COVID deaths, sponsors say  (Read 128 times)

Offline Kamaji

Democrats stalling probe of Cuomo nursing home COVID deaths, sponsors say

By Zach Williams and Bruce Golding
May 2, 2022

Bipartisan legislation to investigate the impact of ex-Gov. Andrew Cuomo’s pandemic policies on the nursing-home death toll from COVID-19 is being bottled up in committee so leading lawmakers won’t be implicated in the scandal, sponsors of the measures told The Post on Monday.

“There’s no question in my mind that they want to hold this up,” said state Sen. Jim Tedisco (R-Schenectady).

“I think it touches on them. And it touches on what they’ve done so far.”

Tedisco noted that the Democrats who control both chambers of the Legislature “never used one subpoena at a hearing” and allowed former Health Commissioner Howard Zucker to “dance around all day” when he was grilled about the state’s cover-up of the nursing home deaths.

Tedisco also suggested that delaying his bill was a bid to cover up for Cuomo, who resigned under threat of impeachment last year over allegations of sexual harassment.

“They wanted to get rid of him because he was a liability but I’m not sure they also want to let everybody know the extent of the things that he was involved with that caused this loss of life — the lies, the distortions,” he said.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/02/ny-democrats-stalling-probe-of-cuomo-nursing-home-covid-deaths-sponsors-say/

Offline Kamaji

Go figure ...