Author Topic: 72% of small businesses to increase prices due to inflation, survey finds  (Read 283 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 72% of small businesses to increase prices due to inflation, survey finds

By Bethany Blankley | The Center Square contributor May 1, 2022

(The Center Square) – As inflation surpasses 40-year highs, 72% of small businesses surveyed are increasing prices to keep their doors open, according to the latest Small Business Optimism Index.

It’s the greatest percentage ever recorded in the survey’s history, which the National Federation of Independent Business’s (NFIB) has conducted every year since 1973.

Slightly more than one-third surveyed, 35%, said they’ve reported lower profits due to increased costs of materials; 40% said supply chain disruptions have significantly impacted their business.

“Thirty-one percent of owners reported that inflation was the single most important problem in their business, up five points from February and the highest reading since the first quarter of 1981,” the report states. “Inflation has now replaced ‘labor quality’ as the number one problem.”

NFIB Chief Economist Bill Dunkelberg said of the findings, “With inflation, an ongoing staffing shortage, and supply chain disruptions, small business owners remain pessimistic about their future business conditions.”

more
https://www.thecentersquare.com/national/72-of-small-businesses-to-increase-prices-due-to-inflation-survey-finds/article_9e43fbfc-c954-11ec-8592-a3e42dce0492.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

And the other 28%?  Going out of business?

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Retail price of milk at my local supermarket has increased since two weeks ago - from $4.89/gallon to $5.09/gallon.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RINO roars:
"Retail price of milk at my local supermarket has increased since two weeks ago - from $4.89/gallon to $5.09/gallon."

You're not buyin' it at the right place.
It's $3.05 at Aldi...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

My oil company informed me my next delivery of home heating oil will cost $6/gallon.

Dairy is more expensive in Massachusetts because of the New England Dairy Compact - The Dairy Mafia.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.