Author Topic: Manchin endorses Republican, slams Build Back Better, in West Virginia GOP primary ad  (Read 266 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 May 2, 2022 1:25am EDT
Manchin endorses Republican, slams Build Back Better, in West Virginia GOP primary ad
Manchin, a Democrat, endorsed a Republican in hot-button primary election for 2022 midterms in West Virginia

By Tyler O'Neil | Fox News

Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., appeared in a Republican primary ad defending Rep. David McKinley, R-W.Va., from accusations that he supported President Biden's Build Back Better agenda.

"I have always said, if I can't go home and explain it, I can't vote for it, and that's why I opposed Build Back Better," Manchin said in a 30-second spot this weekend.

Manchin went on to defend McKinley against a claim from his Republican opponent, Alex Mooney, who accused McKinley of effectively supporting Build Back Better by voting for the $1.2 trillion infrastructure bill.

"For Alex Mooney and his out-of-state supporters to suggest David McKinley supported Build Back Better is an outright lie," the Democrat said. "David McKinley has always opposed reckless spending because it doesn't make sense for West Virginia."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/manchin-endorses-republican-slams-build-back-better
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Trump endorsed Mooney, for some unknown reason. Mooney is unethical - actually facing ethics charges - and a blatant liar. I know David McKinley. He's an intelligent, involved representative and a decent man. A P.E., he applies his technical expertise to finding real solutions for problems, especially in the energy sector. It infuriates me that Mooney's big budget campaign may unseat a good man. I'm glad Manchin spoke up, because one of Mooney's most repeated lies is that McKinley supported the full BBB proposal. McKinley only supported certain infrastructure funding which, as you might expect, is much needed in W.Va.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org