Author Topic: Border Force intercepts 'hundreds of migrants' in Channel  (Read 171 times)

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Border Force intercepts 'hundreds of migrants' in Channel
« on: May 02, 2022, 01:26:52 am »
Border Force intercepts 'hundreds of migrants' in Channel

The Border Force has intercepted several groups of migrants in the English Channel.

The Ministry of Defence (MoD) will not reveal the numbers involved until Monday, but people who count arrivals in Dover have told the BBC they believe it was more than 200.

The government is addressing the issue by "cracking down on people smugglers", the MoD said.

It is believed to be the first time there have been crossings in 11 days.

Some commentators have suggested the prospect of asylum seekers getting sent to Rwanda was already acting as a deterrent - but the weather has been windy in the Channel for the past 11 days - which is likely to have had a greater effect.

Last month, Prime Minister Boris Johnson announced the MoD had taken command of the operational response to small boats crossings. ................

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-kent-61293693
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.