Author Topic: Birx says US must prepare for summer COVID surge as immunity wanes  (Read 652 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Birx says US must prepare for summer COVID surge as immunity wanes
by Monique Beals - 05/01/22 4:12 PM ET

Deborah Birx, a leading member of the Trump administration’s White House coronavirus task force, said on Sunday the U.S. should be prepared for another potential COVID-19 surge after a recent uptick in infections in South Africa.

“They’re on an upslope again,” Birx said of South Africa’s infections on CBS’s “Face the Nation.”

“Each of these surges are about four to six months apart. That tells me that natural immunity wanes enough in the general population after four to six months that a significant surge is going to occur again. And this is what we have to be prepared for in this country,” she added.

Birx specifically warned Americans should be “preparing right now for a potential surge in this summer across the southern United States.”

Birx has been criticized for not speaking out more against former President Trump’s false statements about the coronavirus during her time at the White House.

In her new book, she discusses her internal efforts to push back as well as her initial meeting with Trump, which she said lasted for 30 second before he flipped on Fox News.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3473217-birx-says-us-must-prepare-for-summer-covid-surge-as-immunity-wanes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online libertybele

I believe Birx about as much as I believe Dr. Evil.  I have no use for either of them.  They both have lost credibility.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online rustynail

Just say no.

Online libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

“Each of these surges are about four to six months apart. That tells me that natural immunity wanes enough in the general population after four to six months

It tells no such thing.  Over two-thirds of the people in this country have no immunity against Covid.  Maybe a third of those that do have immune responses that have been compromised due to the jab.  So that leaves over 80% ripe for infection.

Compound that with the fact that those receiving the jab can be carriers infecting multiple people for weeks without showing symptoms before finally succumbing to the disease themselves.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
COVID is less dangerous than the flu right now.

Yet another attempt at a Global Reset power grab.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I believe Birx about as much as I believe Dr. Evil.  I have no use for either of them.  They both have lost credibility.
Yep. Birds of a feather.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
It tells no such thing.  Over two-thirds of the people in this country have no immunity against Covid.  Maybe a third of those that do have immune responses that have been compromised due to the jab.  So that leaves over 80% ripe for infection.

Compound that with the fact that those receiving the jab can be carriers infecting multiple people for weeks without showing symptoms before finally succumbing to the disease themselves.
The most resilient population is composed of folks who have had COVID, but not the shots. Their natural immunity has not been compromised by the mRNA jabs.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

The most resilient population is composed of folks who have had COVID, but not the shots. Their natural immunity has not been compromised by the mRNA jabs.

Correct.  So what does our government want those people to do?  Get the shot.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online libertybele

Yes, exactly.  I believe that those who have received the shots are now immune compromised and are possibly shedding the virus exposing others.

From 2021, over a year ago ---

The Power of Natural Immunity

The news about the U.S. Covid pandemic is even better than you’ve heard. Some 80% to 85% of American adults are immune to the virus: More than 64% have received at least one vaccine dose and, of those who haven’t, roughly half have natural immunity from prior infection. There’s ample scientific evidence that natural immunity is effective and durable, and public-health leaders should pay it heed.

Only around 10% of Americans have had confirmed positive Covid tests, but four to six times as many have likely had the infection. A February study in Nature used antibody screenings in late summer 2020 to estimate there had been seven times as many actual cases as confirmed cases. A similar study, by the University of Albany and New York State Department of Health, revealed that by the end of March 2020—the first month of New York’s pandemic—23% of the city’s population had antibodies. That share necessarily increased as the pandemic spread.

The contribution of natural immunity should speed up the timeline for returning fully to normal. With more than 8 in 10 adults protected from either contracting or transmitting the virus, it can’t readily propagate by jumping around in the population. In public health, we call that herd immunity, defined broadly on the Johns Hopkins Covid information webpage as “when most of a population is immune.” It’s not eradication, but it’s powerful.

Without accounting for natural immunity, we are far from Anthony Fauci’s stated target of 70% to 85% of the population becoming immune through full vaccination. But the effect of natural immunity is all around us. The plummeting case numbers in late April and May weren’t the result of vaccination alone, and they came amid a loosening of both restrictions and behavior............

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-power-of-natural-immunity-11623171303

« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 11:53:49 pm by libertybele »

Offline Kamaji

:thumbsup:

Offline berdie

Now wait a minute, I thought we were all gonna die last winter. :shrug:

Offline MajorClay

BS

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
First off, it's autumn in South Africa. Second of all, the uptick has already been comparable in the rest of the world. Third, most evidence points to natural immunity lasting around longer than 4-6 months. Fourth, you'd have to be insane to expect to use mitigation measures forever.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Elections are coming ... gotta have a reason for mail-in voting.