Author Topic: Mayorkas claims new DHS disinformation board will not monitor US citizens  (Read 378 times)

Online Kamaji

Mayorkas claims new DHS disinformation board will not monitor US citizens

By Mark Moore
May 1, 2022

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas claimed Sunday that his agency’s Orwellian “Disinformation Governance Board” will not monitor US citizens.

But Mayorkas conceded the administration could have done a better job communicating how the board will function, noting that it will examine disinformation from Russia, China and the cartels that smuggle people and drugs into the US when any are perceived to be a threat to national security. Critics have blasted the board as a way for the federal government to curtail free speech.

CNN’s Dana Bash bluntly asked Mayorkas whether American citizens will fall under DHS surveillance through the board’s creation.

“It’s still not clear to me how this governance board will act and what will it do,” she told the Homeland Security boss.

Mayorkas responded, “So what it does is it works to ensure that the way in which we address threats, the connectivity between threats and acts of violence​,​ are addressed without infringing on free speech, protecting civil rights and civil liberties, the right of privacy​.​”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/05/01/mayorkas-says-disinformation-board-wont-track-us-citizens/

Online Kamaji

Oh bullshit.  You've got to be kidding me.  If it were only intended to monitor foreigners, it would have been put under the purview of the CIA or the NSA (and even then, it would still monitor U.S. citizens).

The sole purpose of this monstrosity is, precisely, to spy on - I mean monitor - U.S. citizens.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Considering everything our government tells us is lies, I think we all know where to file this claim.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

Considering everything our government tells us is lies, I think we all know where to file this claim.

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

Pretty sure spying on Americans is exactly why it was created.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Please! When a known liar lies right in your face you are a fool to believe him...or a democrat,  :pondering: sorry for repeating myself.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Oh bullshit.  You've got to be kidding me.  If it were only intended to monitor foreigners, it would have been put under the purview of the CIA or the NSA (and even then, it would still monitor U.S. citizens).

The sole purpose of this monstrosity is, precisely, to spy on - I mean monitor - U.S. citizens.

As Mary Poppins Jankowicz, a far-left, pro-censorship Karen would say:

That a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
The medicine go down, the medicine go down
Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down
In a most delightful way
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

If they are not surveilling Americans in America, what's with the Bionic Infomration Recording Drones (B.I.R.D.'s)?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.