Author Topic: DHS preparing for as many as 18,000 migrants per day after lifting of Title 42, Mayorkas says  (Read 178 times)

rebewranger

DHS preparing for as many as 18,000 migrants per day after lifting of Title 42, Mayorkas says
Olafimihan Oshin - 50m ago

Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas said on Sunday that his agency is preparing for as many as 18,000 migrants daily after the lifting of Title 42, an order allowing authorities to swiftly expel migrants at U.S. land borders.

“What we do is we prepare and we plan, and we’ve been doing so for months understanding that the Title 42 authority that the CDC holds is not going to be around forever because, quite frankly, we want to conquer the pandemic and put it behind us,” Mayorkas said on CNN’s “State of the Union,” referring to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

“Title 42 is a public health authority. So what we started to do in September of last year was prepare for its end. … We’re not projecting 18,000, but what we do in the department is we plan for different scenarios, so we’re ready for anything,” Mayorkas added.

When host Dana Bash asked if the Department of Homeland Security would be ready to handle 18,000 migrants crossing the border daily, Mayorkas replied that the department would be prepared, adding that the system could be strained.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/dhs-preparing-for-as-many-as-18-000-migrants-per-day-after-lifting-of-title-42-mayorkas-says/ar-AAWNR8z?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=c63f1e3650c046b797fe8cf45fbfc257

rebewranger

I'm sure Fauci will be right there on the border making sure they all have shots like he expects of Americans! :bs:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Who is going to prepare my little town for it?  So far, DHS just dumps them in places like mine, so that's what I assume they mean by "prepare."
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: