Author Topic: In Georgia, protesters march at monument to U.S. South's pro-slavery past  (Read 774 times)

Offline libertybele

In Georgia, protesters march at monument to U.S. South's pro-slavery past

Carrying signs decrying "racist traitors," about a hundred civil rights activists marched and chanted at Georgia's Stone Mountain on Saturday to protest at the return of an annual celebration of the Confederacy.

The protest took place at the foot of a towering monument to the heroes of the South's pro-slavery past, as 200 supporters of the state chapter of the Sons of Confederate Veterans (SCV)gathered for its celebration, which it says honors the sacrifices of their forebears.

The Stone Mountain Memorial Association, which runs part of the sprawling park about 20 miles (32 km) northeast of Atlanta, canceled the gathering in 2020 and 2021 because of the COVID-19 pandemic, as well as the potential for violence at the event.

The celebration and protest took place peacefully, with the two sides separated by fences and only interacting through shouts. A massive security presence had been installed, with dozens of state and local police, including SWAT teams with armored trucks, and a circling police helicopter.

The Atlanta NAACP and other civil rights supporters tried to shout down the event, which it views as a salute to the South's legacy of racism.........

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/georgia-protests-planned-salute-us-souths-pro-slavery-past-2022-04-30/
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Hoodat

The Atlanta NAACP and other civil rights supporters tried to shout down the event, which it views as a salute to the South's legacy of racism.........

The Democrat Party is the South's legacy of racism.  Maybe they should protest that.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Why would any black remain in Georgia if it has such a horrid past?

Flee to New York or better yet to California where they will receive reparations.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I seem to recall they can't touch the Carving.  Protest all you want. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Never thought I would say it, but the SCV leaders became sniveling cowards, for not fighting back during all the monument attacks the past few years.

They are almost as complict in this wokeness disaster as the BLM terrorist who attack southern heritage.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
I seem to recall they can't touch the Carving.  Protest all you want.

Near vertical wall, graphics are about 50 feet high across the wall.  Maybe a couple of dozen could try and fall. Instant improvement to society.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
This is what the leftists want to destroy:

(Click the image to see the detail in the carving.)
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Forrest, Lee, and Jackson have more honor and and value than the entire circa 100,000 BLM terrorist combined.

This is what the leftists want to destroy:

(Click the image to see the detail in the carving.)
Just think of the feat to make this thing on the side of a mountain, hanging off scaffolds for days/weeks.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

In Georgia, protesters march at monument to U.S. South's pro-slavery past

All those thus marching are proving themselves wholly ignorant of history.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Just think of the feat to make this thing on the side of a mountain, hanging off scaffolds for days/weeks.

It's like building Hoover Dam.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
I sailed wonders:
"Why would any black remain in Georgia if it has such a horrid past?"

Georgia is "changing".
If Stacey Abrams wins the governor's race in November -- and there is at least a 50-50 chance she will -- expect Georgia to "change faster".

Atlanta -- with a large inflow of blacks to the area -- is becoming to Georgia, what New York City is to New York state. That is, the giant tail that will wag the dog.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2022, 09:03:40 pm by Fishrrman »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Whoever came up with that title needs to be beaten to within an inch of their lives.

The Confederacy was about a LOT more than slavery,and in FACT,there were black Confederate Soldiers. There is at least one "Black Confederate Cemetary" in Virginia. I think there were more,but since nobody wants to talk about them,it's hard to find out where they are.

The War of Southern Independence was NOT about slavery. It was PRIMARILY about free trade and independence from the New York banking cartels getting a cut of all the sales of tobacco and other goods from the south.

Even Lincoln said if it would keep the union together,he was willing to allow slavery to stand.

BTW,there WERE free blacks living in the south,and in FACT,the VERY FIRST SLAVE OWNER in the very first English settlement in what is now called America was a black man who went to court to keep his indentured servant as a slave instead of having to free him.

Can't remember his name now,but he came here as an indentured servant himself,worked off what he owed for his passage and upkeep,and then got a land grant to start his own farm and bring in indentured servants to help him clear the land,plant the crop,and harvest it.

He eventually sold the farm and moved to Maryland (IIRC) and started a horse farm.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
All those thus marching are proving themselves wholly ignorant of history.

@roamer_1

They are fools,so why would they care about looking like fools?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

@roamer_1

They are fools,so why would they care about looking like fools?

@sneakypete

That's a fair point.  :laugh:

Offline berdie

The effort to make this and the perfection makes me mad that anyone would want to destroy it.

Offline libertybele

The effort to make this and the perfection makes me mad that anyone would want to destroy it.

I have honestly never seen the monument.  Definitely a remarkable piece of art and a historic reference.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertasbella

• Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
  • Libertas Bella: Liberty Is Beautiful
    • Libertas Bella
I have honestly never seen the monument.  Definitely a remarkable piece of art and a historic reference.

Imagine what the Leftists would replace it with.
DeFi tutorials for noobs and normies. Merchandise for apes and chads who want to share the love with our libertarian clothing and 2nd Amendment shirts
"Liberty is beautiful" for all - only at Libertas Bella.

Offline cato potatoe

Crime is out of control in half of the Atlanta metro.  Maybe the NAACP should behave like its namesake for once in 50 years.  What they are doing is the opposite of helpful.

Offline Hoodat

Wish we could get some protesters over in Cobb County to protest the naming of their part of I-285 after the racist, Billy McKinney.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

How do they feel about the 1925 US Mint Stone Mountain Memorial (Silver) Half Dollar?

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

Leftists do not "build," they can only "destroy."  Did you know they want to do that to Mount Rushmore too?
I will NOT comply.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

There's no way they would leave Lincoln up there because he was a big time rayciss.  That's what they say he was.
I will NOT comply.