Author Topic: Biden Blames ‘Technical Factors’ For Economic Contraction  (Read 124 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Diana Glebova
Associate Editor
April 28, 2022 12:39 PM ET
Font Size:

President Joe Biden blamed the economic contraction in the first quarter of 2022 on “technical factors” Thursday.

“While last quarter’s growth estimate was affected by technical factors, the United States confronts the challenges of COVID-19 around the world, Putin’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, and global inflation from a position of strength,” Biden said in a statement.

The national gross domestic product (GDP) fell at an unexpected annualized rate of 1.4% in the first quarter between January and March. In the fourth quarter of 2021, the GDP grew by 6.9%.

A Wednesday Gallup poll showed that 38% of adults rate the economy as fair, and 42% rate it as poor. Seventy-six percent of Americans said the economy was getting worse.

Nearly 40% of respondents in the poll said economic issues are the most important current problem in the U.S. Republicans were more likely than Democrats to cite economic issues as the top problem the country is facing, with 42% compared to 33%.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2022/04/28/biden-blames-technical-factors-economic-contraction/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden Blames ‘Technical Factors’ For Economic Contraction
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2022, 10:23:24 pm »
OK so we can add technical factors as the excuse for his failing presidency

Blaming Trump didn’t work
Blaming Covid didn’t work
Blaming Putin didn’t work
Blaming white supremacy didn’t work
Blaming Republicans didn’t work
Blaming oil workers and meat producers didn’t work
Am I leaving anybody out?

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2022, 10:30:20 pm »
Technically, it was Biden and the democrat party's economic policies.  That's the "technical factor" at work here.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2022, 10:39:01 pm »
From the article….

“While last quarter’s growth estimate was affected by technical factors, the United States confronts the challenges of COVID-19 around the world, Putin’s unprovoked invasion of Ukraine, and global inflation from a position of strength,” Biden said in a statement.

Remember the grief John McCain got while in the midst of the financial meltdown in 2008 when he said the fundamentals of the US economy are still strong?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2022, 10:39:46 pm »
From the article….

Remember the grief John McCain got while in the midst of the financial meltdown in 2008 when he said the fundamentals of the US economy are still strong?

Yes.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2022, 12:29:49 am »
President Joe Biden blamed the economic contraction in the first quarter of 2022 on “technical factors”

Stopping the pipelines was a "technical factor".
Suspending petroleum leases was a "technical factor."
Accelerating the war on coal and natural gas was a "technical factor."
Passing enormous spending bills was a "technical factor."
Printing too much money was a "technical factor."
Shutting down the economy due to covid was a "technical factor."