Author Topic: ‘Woke’ Democratic governor ripped for releasing cold-blooded murderer  (Read 420 times)

Online Kamaji

‘Woke’ Democratic governor ripped for releasing cold-blooded murderer

By Yaron Steinbuch
April 28, 2022

Oregon’s soft-on-crime Democratic Gov. Kate Brown has been assailed for recently granting clemency to a convict serving life with no parole in the 1994 cold-blooded murder of a teenager – without telling the victim’s family.

Kyle Hedquist, then 17, led 19-year-old Nikki Thrasher down a remote logging road and shot her in the back of the head because he feared she might tell police about burglaries he had committed.

He was convicted of murder in 1995 and sentenced to life behind bars without the possibility of parole.

However, earlier this month, Brown granted the killer clemency – sparking a wave of criticism from prosecutors, law enforcement, politicians and Thrasher’s family.

The teen’s mother, Holly Thrasher, said she wasn’t even made aware of Brown’s decision.

“I am upset. I wasn’t even told,” she told KOIN 6 News, which informed her that Hedquist, now 45, was sprung.

In a statement, Douglas County Sheriff John Hanlin said: “The executive clemency granted by Gov. Brown in this case is shocking and irresponsible.”

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/04/28/oregon-gov-kate-brown-ripped-for-releasing-murderer/

Online Kamaji

And the governor's excuse?  He was a teenager, and teenagers have a marvelous capacity for growth:

On Tuesday, the governor defended her actions, comparing them to President Joe Biden’s granting of clemency that day to 78 people — though those were all for nonviolent crimes.

“Teenagers, even those who have committed terrible crimes, have a unique capacity for growth and change. We are a state and a nation of second chances,” Brown said on social media.

:facepalm2:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Wow, this is terrible.  Granted clemency to someone who was evil enough to commit a first degree murder, with a firearm, at the age of 17.

Psychopaths, sociopaths, and serial rapists rarely get better.  If they do, it's because they are using their skills of deception upon people desperate to find good in every human being.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline goatprairie

Wow, this is terrible.  Granted clemency to someone who was evil enough to commit a first degree murder, with a firearm, at the age of 17.

Psychopaths, sociopaths, and serial rapists rarely get better.  If they do, it's because they are using their skills of deception upon people desperate to find good in every human being.
Anti death penalty people never talk about the innocent people murdered by escaped or paroled convicts. Or prison guards killed by lifers in for murder. Which happened a few years ago to a prison guard in Stillwater, Minnesota maximum prison.
What are they going to do the killer.....sentence him to another life term?
Hundreds maybe thousands of innocent people have been killed over the decades by paroled or escaped murderers.
The enforced DP  stops that.

Offline DB

Where's the victim's "second chance"?