Author Topic: Biden to skip eating portion of correspondents’ dinner to limit COVID risk [huh!]  (Read 753 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 *hmmmm*

Biden to skip eating portion of correspondents’ dinner to limit COVID risk
by Brett Samuels - 04/27/22 4:09 PM ET

President Biden will take added precautions while at the White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner this weekend amid concerns about exposure to COVID-19, but White House press secretary Jen Psaki said Biden feels the event is worth attending.

Biden may wear a mask when he is not delivering remarks at the annual event on Saturday, and he will not attend the dinner portion, Psaki said.

The president will arrive for the speaking program, during which the White House Correspondents’ Association will award scholarships and recognize journalists covering the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Comedian Trevor Noah is also slated to speak at the event at the Washington Hilton.

“He’s made the decision he wants to attend, in a safe way, the White House correspondents’ dinner to showcase his support for the free press, for the work of all of you, for the work of your colleagues around the world to not only share accurate information about COVID but also report on the war in Ukraine and all of the work that happens every single day,” Psaki said at a briefing.

more
https://thehill.com/news/administration/3469215-biden-to-skip-eating-portion-of-correspondents-dinner-to-limit-covid-risk/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Puddin wasn't on the menu?
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

Comedian Trevor Noah is also slated to speak
Reaching new lows.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

Puddin wasn't on the menu?

Perhaps he didn't think wearing a bib would be appropriate.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

I'm surprised they'll have him speak, given today's incoherence.

https://twitter.com/realDailyWire/status/1519424558335500291

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Obviously he does not want to be the butt of all those Let's Go Brandon jokes around the room
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

Obviously he does not want to be the butt of all those Let's Go Brandon jokes around the room

Ok, in all seriousness, with his cognitive decline he may have issues with swallowing and indeed has to have softer foods or foods that are finely chopped. So, rather than be embarrassed he's skipping the meal.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline mountaineer

Ok, in all seriousness, with his cognitive decline he may have issues with swallowing and indeed has to have softer foods or foods that are finely chopped. So, rather than be embarrassed he's skipping the meal.
Good point.

Offline mountaineer

Perhaps he didn't think wearing a bib would be appropriate. 
That may be it. People with dementia have a difficult time feeding themselves.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
That may be it. People with dementia have a difficult time feeding themselves.

Some people have "Food Tasters".  Joe has "Food Chewers" to help masticate his meals.

Offline mountaineer

Some people have "Food Tasters".  Joe has "Food Chewers" to help masticate his meals.

Offline Wingnut

Food for Joe on the go!.  No wonder he needs diapers.

Offline mountaineer

Now this:
4-time vaccinated Fauci mocked for pulling out of White House Correspondents’ Dinner
By Snejana Farberov   
April 28, 2022 9:31am

A Johns Hopkins professor took a public swipe at Dr. Anthony Fauci for refusing to attend the upcoming White House Correspondents’ Dinner this weekend — despite his being vaccinated four times.

“Dr. Fauci has been vaccinated four times and he still says he’s not comfortable going to the White House Correspondents’ Dinner this Saturday night,” Dr Marty Makary, a Fox News medical contributor, told Tucker Carlson on his show Wednesday night.  ...

Fauci, 81, earlier this week decided to pull out of the annual black-tie event celebrating the press, citing his personal coronavirus concerns, even though he is fully vaccinated against the disease and has received two additional booster shots.

As CNN first reported, Fauci had been invited to attend the gala as a guest of ABC News and had planned on going, but he later had a change of heart.

President Biden, 79, is expected to be present at the dinner organized by the White House Correspondents’ Association Saturday, with The Daily Show host Trevor Noah serving as the entertainer for the evening. ...
NY Post

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Jokes About Disney, ‘Some Guy Named Brandon,’ and Donald Trump at White House Correspondents’ Dinner

Charlie Spiering 30 Apr 2022

President Joe Biden on Saturday joked about the popular “Let’s Go Brandon” movement at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner during his speech.

“The Republicans do seem to be supporting one person: Some guy named Brandon,” Biden said as the crowd laughed. “He’s having a really good year. And I’m kind of happy for him.”

The ‘Let’s Go Brandon’ chant and signs continue to follow the president around the country, especially after the president repeated the phrase himself during a Christmas call with children.

Biden kicked off his speech with a joke about Donald Trump.

“This is the first time a President attended this dinner in six years,” Biden said. “It’s understandable. We had a horrible plague followed by two years of COVID.”

“Just imagine my predecessor came to this dinner this year,” Biden added. “Now that would really have been a real coup if that occurred.”

The president also mocked leading Republicans Rep. Kevin McCarthy and Gov. Ron DeSantis.

“There’s nothing I can say about the GOP that Kevin McCarthy hasn’t already put on tape,” he joked, referring to conversations with leading Republicans that were leaked to New York Times reporters.

Biden joked that DeSantis and Florida Republicans were much different from Ronald Reagan, who once called for the Berlin Wall to be torn down.

“Today’s Republicans say, ‘Tear down Mickey Mouse’s house,” Biden joked. “And pretty soon they’ll be storming Cinderella’s castle. You can be sure of it.”

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/30/joe-biden-jokes-about-disney-some-guy-named-brandon-and-donald-trump-at-white-house-correspondents-dinner/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trevor Noah at WHCA Dinner–Under Joe Biden Everything Is Looking Up: Gas, Food, and Rent

Charlie Spiering 30 Apr 2022

Comedian Trevor Noah spoke at the White House Correspondents’ Dinner on Saturday, making some mild jokes at President Joe Biden’s expense, who attended the event.

“Ever since you’ve come into office, things are really looking up,” Noah began. “Gas is up, rent is up, food is up! Everything!”

Biden was caught on camera laughing and applauding at the joke.

Noah said he did not understand why he was chosen to speak at the dinner.

“Then I was told that you get your highest approval ratings when a biracial African guy is standing next to you,” he joked, referring to former President Barack Obama.

Noah also joked about Biden’s controversial comment endorsing removing Russian President Vladimir Putin from power.

“It was very very upsetting to Russia until someone explained to them that none of the stuff Biden wants actually gets done,” Noah joked.

Noah also pointed out that Biden was giving more marginalized minority groups opportunities.

“I’m talking about women, the LGBTQ community, the Taliban. The list goes on and on,” he joked.

video
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/30/ttrevor-noah-at-whca-dinner-under-joe-biden-everything-is-looking-up-gas-food-and-rent/
Support the USO

Offline American Girl

He reminds me of a coached child who manages to parrot what he has been told and then wants the candy he’s been promised. https://www.usasupreme.com/video-bozo-the-clown-biden-creates-his-own-wardrobe-malfunction-at-the-white-house-correspondents-dinner/

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Wingnut

Bitter little feller isn't he.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Bitter little feller isn't he.

Guess dinner was a success since he didn't shit on himself.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Images are what people remember.

And the image of this guy is laughable
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline mountaineer

Jada Yuan
@jadabird
This room is like a horror film. No exits. Literally getting trapped between tables. Fear of breathing near people but people are everywhere. Creeping sense that you’re the only one who know this is insane.

9:55 PM · Apr 30, 2022·

Offline mountaineer

These are decadent French aristocrats gathered at a gala hosted by Marie Antoinette, proudly giggling and cackling at how hated they are by the hordes of peasants gathered outside the gates ...

https://twitter.com/ggreenwald/status/1520838923328577536

A lower approver rating.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline mountaineer

Sean Spicer
@seanspicer
Fauci bailed on attending the White House Correspondents’ Dinner because of “individual assessment of my personal risk." …..so he just went to the crowed pre-parties #WHCD

1:53 PM · May 1, 2022·

Offline Kamaji

Sean Spicer
@seanspicer
Fauci bailed on attending the White House Correspondents’ Dinner because of “individual assessment of my personal risk." …..so he just went to the crowed pre-parties #WHCD

:silly:

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Sean Spicer
@seanspicer

Where are the masks?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: