Author Topic: New details show extent of GOP effort to unwind Trump’s loss  (Read 278 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 New details show extent of GOP effort to unwind Trump’s loss
by Rebecca Beitsch - 04/27/22 5:15 AM ET

Documents and texts stemming from the House investigation into Jan. 6, 2021, offer new details about the extent House Republicans, particularly members of the Freedom Caucus, were involved in plans to unwind the 2020 election — even as lawyers at the White House warned them their proposals could be illegal.

The content — released in the committee’s court battle against Mark Meadows and in a trove of texts to the former chief of staff obtained by CNN — outlines a lengthy list of Republicans involved in conversations with the White House about planning for the rallies on Jan. 6 and efforts to oppose the certification of votes that day.

Taken together, the messages show how early the White House reached out to lawmakers in its effort to keep former President Trump in office.

They also show a consistent effort by various members to strategize over how to keep Trump in office after his election loss.

That effort ranged from selecting alternate slates of electors from swing states ahead of the Electoral College vote to directing the crowd to the Capitol after the Jan. 6 rallies to discussing the possibility that Trump declare martial law days before he was set to leave office.

more
https://thehill.com/policy/national-security/3466785-new-details-emerge-on-extent-of-gop-effort-to-unwind-trumps-loss/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: New details show extent of GOP effort to unwind Trump’s loss
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2022, 04:17:04 pm »
This could be BIG they may have him this time.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2022, 04:35:37 pm »
So, the members of the Sedition Caucus could possibly be morally, if not legally, guilty of sedition of the Constitutional peaceful transfer of power?

Don't give me that "the election was stolen nonsense".  People could say the same thing about Bush '43's 2020 victory, and Red Sox fans could say the same thing about the 1986 World Series.

American sportsmanship acknowledges the outcome of the game without necessarily agreeing with it.

Until there are convictions, nobody is guilty of anything; just as there is no "do-over" for the 2020 Election or "take-backsies" for slates of Electors.

The 2020 Election game is over, with a controversial outcome, but it is over.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2022, 04:36:38 pm »
This could be BIG they may have him this time.

Yep.  It's time for fat ladies and curtains, as the walls close in.

Consider the source:

For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2022, 04:37:56 pm »
So, the members of the Sedition Caucus could possibly be morally, if not legally, guilty of sedition of the Constitutional peaceful transfer of power?

Don't give me that "the election was stolen nonsense".  People could say the same thing about Bush '43's 2020 victory, and Red Sox fans could say the same thing about the 1986 World Series.

American sportsmanship acknowledges the outcome of the game without necessarily agreeing with it.

Until there are convictions, nobody is guilty of anything; just as there is no "do-over" for the 2020 Election or "take-backsies" for slates of Electors.

The 2020 Election game is over, with a controversial outcome, but it is over.

It's not over if electoral cheating is still going on.  Laws need to be changed in a lot of states.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: