Author Topic: Texts show Greene urged Meadows to have Trump ‘calm people’ on Jan. 6: report  (Read 263 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Texts show Greene urged Meadows to have Trump ‘calm people’ on Jan. 6: report
by Mychael Schnell - 04/25/22 1:57 PM ET

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R) texted then-White House chief of staff Mark Meadows on Jan. 6, 2021, urging him to tell President Trump to “calm people” as rioters were storming the Capitol building, according to new text messages obtained by CNN.

Greene told Meadows that she thought there was an active shooter in the Capitol.

“Mark I was just told there is an active shooter on the first floor of the Capitol Please tell the President to calm people This isn’t the way to solve anything,” Greene texted Meadows, according to CNN.

In a separate message, Greene told Meadows that she did not believe the individuals storming the Capitol were “our people,” instead suggesting that they were members of Antifa dressed as Trump supporters — a claim was popular among GOP figures in the aftermath of the riot and has since been labeled false.

“Mark we don’t think these attackers are our people. We think they are Antifa. Dressed like Trump supporters,” Greene wrote.

The messages between Meadows and Greene are one of more than 2,000 texts CNN obtained that were sent or received by Meadows between Election Day 2020 and President Biden’s inauguration.

more
https://thehill.com/news/house/3462504-texts-show-greene-urged-meadows-to-have-trump-calm-people-on-jan-6-report/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Well, they were antifa dressed like Trump supporters, as well as FBI undercovers.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
In a separate message, Greene told Meadows that she did not believe the individuals storming the Capitol were “our people,” instead suggesting that they were members of Antifa dressed as Trump supporters — a claim was popular among GOP figures in the aftermath of the riot and has since been labeled false.

Labeling the truth as false has been the hallmark of this lying administration and all its fellow travelers.

Who labeled it as false, anyway? The FBI who 'wasn't involved'? Nancy Peolosi?

Seven busloads of ANTIFAS were observed changing clothes before advancing on the Capitol, and tweets were brought out which indicated the ANTIFAs were supposed to wear their Trump gear backwards so they could identify each other.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

Labeling the truth as false has been the hallmark of this lying administration and all its fellow travelers.

Who labeled it as false, anyway? The FBI who 'wasn't involved'? Nancy Peolosi?

Seven busloads of ANTIFAS were observed changing clothes before advancing on the Capitol, and tweets were brought out which indicated the ANTIFAs were supposed to wear their Trump gear backwards so they could identify each other.

:thumbsup:

Online LMAO

Whether they were Trump supporters or antifa is irrelevant.

How is it that she is on trial for speech?  This is the bigger crime. If fiery political rhetoric is a crime, then we have a whole mess of criminals in Congress
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy