Author Topic: Twitter Appears To Make Major Reversal In Potential Elon Musk Buyout Of Company  (Read 352 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
DailyWire.com By  Ryan Saavedra Apr 24, 2022   

Twitter reportedly is shifting gears in regard to Elon Musk’s multi-billion dollar offer to buy out the company after he disclosed in a Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) filing last week that he has the money to back up his offer.

“Twitter had been expected to rebuff the offer, which Mr. Musk made earlier this month without saying how he would pay for it,” The Wall Street Journal reported. “But after he disclosed last week that he now has $46.5 billion in financing, Twitter is taking a fresh look at the offer and is more likely than before to seek to negotiate.”

The report described the situation as “fast-moving” with the two sides meeting today to discuss Musk’s proposal.

The company is expected to “weigh in on the bid” later this week when it reports its first-quarter earnings.

More: https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-twitter-appears-to-make-major-reversal-in-potential-elon-musk-buyout-of-company

Online mountaineer

Leftists on Tw*tter (like Rob Reiner, for example) are freaking out, vowing never to post again if Musk is successful.
The🐰FOO
@PolitiBunny
‘Put the crack pipe DOWN’: Shaun King accuses Elon Musk of buying Twitter for WHITE POWER and even his followers think he’s a tool https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/04/25/put-the-crack-pipe-down-shaun-king-accuses-elon-musk-of-buying-twitter-for-white-power-and-even-his-followers-think-hes-a-tool/
 via @twitchyteam
Chad nails it:
Chad Felix Greene
@chadfelixg
Notice the left isn't hysterical over the idea their speech will be limited or banned.
They are hysterical because they won't be able to limit or ban other people's speech.
11:58 AM · Apr 25, 2022
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 04:05:43 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

I hope Musk withdraws the offer, Twitter stock plummets, and Musk ends up buying it next year for one-fourth the price.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

The🐰FOO
@PolitiBunny
‘Put the crack pipe DOWN’: Shaun King accuses Elon Musk of buying Twitter for WHITE POWER and even his followers think he’s a tool https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/04/25/put-the-crack-pipe-down-shaun-king-accuses-elon-musk-of-buying-twitter-for-white-power-and-even-his-followers-think-hes-a-tool/
 via @twitchyteam

That is rich. Musk is more African American than Talcum X.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Hoodat

Twitter doesn't have a single American-born African-American on its board.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Kamaji

That is rich. Musk is more African American than Talcum X.

:thumbsup:

Online mountaineer

I hope Musk withdraws the offer, Twitter stock plummets, and Musk ends up buying it next year for one-fourth the price.
Now that the purchase has been confirmed, there are reports the company will go private.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm leaving twitter for ________.  Is the new liberals saying I'm moving to Canada if Trump wins!

I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

I'm leaving twitter for ________.  Is the new liberals saying I'm moving to Canada if Trump wins!

:thumbsup: