Author Topic: Consumers Set To Get Crushed As Energy Utilities Migrate To Solar, Wind  (Read 583 times)

rebewranger

WRITTEN BY THOMAS CATENACCI ON APR 22, 2022. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Consumers Set To Get Crushed As Energy Utilities Migrate To Solar, Wind

American energy providers are planning to invest hundreds of billions of dollars in green energy, even as such projects lead to skyrocketing costs for consumers.

Energy companies are projected to spend $140 billion in both 2022 and 2023, upgrading grid infrastructure, building renewable energy projects, and preparing for electric-vehicle-fueled demand, the Edison Electric Institute told The Wall Street Journal, marking the largest yearly totals since the industry group began tracking the figure more than two decades ago. [bold, links added]

Overall, energy bills are expected to increase by up to 3% on an annual basis, according to the research firm Sector & Sovereign Research, the WSJ reported.

Energy bills have stayed relatively flat over the last several decades, Bureau of Labor Statistics data showed.

“You’re forcing more and more demand for electricity because the environmentalists want everything to be electric,” Dan Kish, a senior fellow at the Institute for Energy Research, told the Daily Caller News Foundation in an interview. “Yet, the sources you’re allowing to be used to make the electricity are getting more expensive.”

https://climatechangedispatch.com/consumers-set-to-get-crushed-as-energy-utilities-migrate-to-solar-wind/

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Because no one learned the lesson of what the Greens did to Germany. And the argument these morons will use is just like the one they use for communism in America, 'It hasn't worked anywhere else because they weren't doing it right, it'll be different this time'.

Offline libertybele

Because no one learned the lesson of what the Greens did to Germany. And the argument these morons will use is just like the one they use for communism in America, 'It hasn't worked anywhere else because they weren't doing it right, it'll be different this time'.

Complete idiots!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not to worry.

Our leftist masters will allow us to buy all the electricity they think we need!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

Not to worry.

Our leftist masters will allow us to buy all the electricity they think we need!

That’s right. Watch them ration energy
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

And Germany is a smaller country with a smaller population.

What happened in Germany will be multiplied hundredfold here in this country
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

And of course, preferred minorities will get a full share, fully subsidized, before anyone else is allowed anything.  Black Privilege, dontcha know. 

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
And of course, preferred minorities will get a full share, fully subsidized, before anyone else is allowed anything.  Black Privilege, dontcha know.

@Kamaji

Of course. Anything less than that would be racist,n'Biden.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Complete idiots!
Nope. Not idiots.

Everything they do is calculated and deliberate. And none of this has anything at all to do with so called 'Climate Change'. It is all about subjugating the American population to be under control of the government in every conceivable way.

Everything you have, everything you own is 'allowed' to you by government.

The only freedoms you have are 'granted' to you by government. The only rights you have are 'granted' to you by government. This is what everything they do is all about. None of it is unintentional.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2022, 04:56:37 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
240b observed (correctly, as is usual for him):
"Everything they do is calculated and deliberate. And none of this has anything at all to do with so called 'Climate Change'. It is all about subjugating the American population to be under control of the government in every conceivable way.
Everything you have, everything you own is 'allowed' to you by government.
The only freedoms you have are 'granted' to you by government. The only rights you have are 'granted' to you by government. This is what everything they do is all about. None of it is unintentional."

Can't disagree with anything you said. It's all right on the mark.
But... how about answering this question for me:

Is it time for that New Continental Congress yet...?

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Consumers Set To Get Crushed As Energy Utilities Migrate To Solar, Wind
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2022, 04:24:56 pm »
Just flew into Denver over many hundreds of windmills.  Only about 1 out of 4 or 5 were even turning.

Wind is a complete waste of taxpayer money as no company could withstand that if not subsidized.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 04:26:30 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2022, 04:58:53 pm »
Just flew into Denver over many hundreds of windmills.  Only about 1 out of 4 or 5 were even turning.

Wind is a complete waste of taxpayer money as no company could withstand that if not subsidized.

@IsailedawayfromFR

Same here,but only maybe one out of 10 are turning.

Not that it matters to the company that owns them because they are getting "paid" via tax write-offs and subsidies,so it really doesn't matter to them if they never turn them on.

Offline Idiot

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2022, 05:08:52 pm »
@IsailedawayfromFR

Same here,but only maybe one out of 10 are turning.

Not that it matters to the company that owns them because they are getting "paid" via tax write-offs and subsidies,so it really doesn't matter to them if they never turn them on.
But...we are saving the planet...dang it!  *****rollingeyes*****

Most of the windmills in this area (West-Central Texas), turn 90% of the time.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2022, 05:16:37 pm »
But...we are saving the planet...dang it!  *****rollingeyes*****

Most of the windmills in this area (West-Central Texas), turn 90% of the time.

@mrpotatohead

Thanks,that is good to know!

Does the wind blow hard enough  normally to keep them turning?

I have been told that sometimes the power company turns them off because their batteries are fully charged and they are meeting all the current power demands,so it is wasteful to run them and wear them out when there is no way to store the power they are making.

We normally have a breeze around here,but I wouldn't call it a high wind. There are also a hell of a lot of HUGE windmill electricity "farms" around here now. The most recent I know of is a power company bought a golf course that had been in operation for decades,and turned it into a windmill farm. Think about all the land it takes to have an 18 hole golf course for a minute,and that will give you some idea of the size of that one.

And I know of several "wind farms" that are even much bigger. Some of the HUGE farms around here are leasing out big plots for wind mills to generate power. I can see them riding down the interstate,and they are so big I can't see where they end and farming begins again.

Lots of these farms,some which have been in the same family since the 1800's are selling off 100 acre plots for housing developments.

BIG money to be made farming,but it also takes BIG money to farm. The equipment is insanely expensive,and these days the farmers can't find anybody willing to operate them that can be relied on.

Farmers,like everyone else these days,just aren't having the large families they used to have,so they have to hire their seasonal workers from unemployed locals. Many of these locals are unemployed for very good reasons having to do with drugs and alcohol. Others are unemployed because they can make more money drawing unemployment checks and working occasional side  jobs for cash than they can working full time.

Yeah,being a farm equipment operator can be a side job,but you have to find people that know how to do what they are supposed to be doing,and on top of that they can't be drunks or druggies because of how much it costs to repair the farm equipment these days.

I honestly don't know what the answer is,but I do know it isn't illegal aliens. The days of picking fields by hand are OVER.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2022, 05:23:08 pm by sneakypete »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2022, 02:19:26 pm »
@mrpotatohead

Thanks,that is good to know!

Does the wind blow hard enough  normally to keep them turning?

I have been told that sometimes the power company turns them off because their batteries are fully charged and they are meeting all the current power demands,so it is wasteful to run them and wear them out when there is no way to store the power they are making.

We normally have a breeze around here,but I wouldn't call it a high wind. There are also a hell of a lot of HUGE windmill electricity "farms" around here now. The most recent I know of is a power company bought a golf course that had been in operation for decades,and turned it into a windmill farm. Think about all the land it takes to have an 18 hole golf course for a minute,and that will give you some idea of the size of that one.

And I know of several "wind farms" that are even much bigger. Some of the HUGE farms around here are leasing out big plots for wind mills to generate power. I can see them riding down the interstate,and they are so big I can't see where they end and farming begins again.

Lots of these farms,some which have been in the same family since the 1800's are selling off 100 acre plots for housing developments.

BIG money to be made farming,but it also takes BIG money to farm. The equipment is insanely expensive,and these days the farmers can't find anybody willing to operate them that can be relied on.

Farmers,like everyone else these days,just aren't having the large families they used to have,so they have to hire their seasonal workers from unemployed locals. Many of these locals are unemployed for very good reasons having to do with drugs and alcohol. Others are unemployed because they can make more money drawing unemployment checks and working occasional side  jobs for cash than they can working full time.

Yeah,being a farm equipment operator can be a side job,but you have to find people that know how to do what they are supposed to be doing,and on top of that they can't be drunks or druggies because of how much it costs to repair the farm equipment these days.

I honestly don't know what the answer is,but I do know it isn't illegal aliens. The days of picking fields by hand are OVER.
You are being told a lie.

Wind power gets preferential treatment in the grid ie - it gets to keep supplying power to the grid while others like coal or natural gas are the ones being told to shut down.

It is one more preferential treatment that gives wind another edge to try to get competitive with conventional energy generation systems.

And it will never be competitive, much less reliable.

It could have simply meant the wind was not blowing much that day, unlike conventional power generation which typically can run regularly.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2022, 10:05:13 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2022, 12:48:18 am »
You are being told a lie.

Wind power gets preferential treatment in the grid ie - it gets to keep supplying power to the grid while others like coal or natural gas are the ones being told to shut down.

It is one more preferential treatment that gives wind another edge to try to get competitive with conventional energy generation systems.

And it will never be competitive, much less reliable.

It could have simply meant the wind was not blowing much that day, unlike conventional power generation which typically can run regularly.

@IsailedawayfromFR

BTW,I erred by giving the impression there is nothing around here but the windmills. The truth is the "solar panel farms" seem to vastly outnumber the "windmill farms. They are not only safer,but less obstrusive and the upkeep/maintenance HAS to be a lot cheaper.

Not to mention they are obviously a hell of a lot cheaper to build,install,and repair/service.