Author Topic: Trump Spoke to McCarthy Last Night After Secret Audio Was Released… and Here’s What Happened  (Read 205 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump Spoke to McCarthy Last Night After Secret Audio Was Released… and Here’s What Happened
By Cristina Laila
Published April 22, 2022 at 4:07pm

A secret recording of Kevin McCarthy telling Liz Cheney he will recommend Trump resign was released Thursday evening.

In a leaked recording of Kevin McCarthy on a call with Liz Cheney and other House Republicans, the Minority Leader told Cheney that he would counsel Trump to resign back on January 10, 2021.

“I think [impeachment resolutions] will pass, and it would be my recommendation you should resign,” McCarthy said he would tell Trump before further adding, “what he did is unacceptable. Nobody can defend that and nobody should defend it.”

Liz Cheney had pressed McCarthy about whether Trump could possibly choose to resign on his own: “Is there any chance? Are you hearing that he might resign? Is there any reason to think that might happen?”

McCarthy then admitted that this was a topic he has “had a few discussions” about with others. “My gut tells me no,” he said. “I’m seriously thinking of having that conversation with him tonight…Um, from what I know of him, I mean you guys all know him too, do you think he’d ever back away? But what I think I’m going to do, is I’m going to call him.”

According to the Washington Post, Trump and McCarthy spoke Thursday evening after the audio was leaked.

Trump is reportedly not upset with McCarthy and was “happy that McCarthy hadn’t followed through on what he had said privately.”

more
https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2022/04/trump-spoke-mccarthy-last-night-secret-audio-released-happened/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
More perfidy.

America's problems are bipartisan.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis