Author Topic: Joe Biden Offers a Lesson on Conservatism in Response to Florida GOP Nuking Disney  (Read 71 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden Offers a Lesson on Conservatism in Response to Florida GOP Nuking Disney
By Bonchie | Apr 22, 2022 4:00 PM ET

Joe Biden spoke at a fundraiser on Thursday evening and gave his first reaction to Florida Republicans nuking Disney’s long-standing government largesse.

The last few days have been ripe with reactions about the move, which stripped Disney of its self-governing status and numerous tax exemptions in the Sunshine State. Yet, the timing has even some on the right upset, claiming that it’s government retaliation against a private business. I’ve got some thought on that, but first, here’s what Biden had to say.

Luckily, there’s no audio or video that I can find, so you can save yourself at least some of the torture.

https://twitter.com/charliespiering/status/1517545297928404992

As you can see, he’s as incoherent as ever, but that’s not really surprising. We already know Biden is senile. What we didn’t know is that he’s apparently a self-proclaimed expert on conservatism. You know, because if I want tips on conservative principles, Joe Biden is who I’m looking for to give me advice.

Putting aside the absurdity, I’m sick of this argument from both the right and left. Can anyone show me where in the big book of conservatism it is a “principle” that you must support a multi-national, multi-billion dollar company continuing to leech off taxpayers, even in the face of them working against your interests? By what metric does that “principle” rate higher than ending crony capitalism? Why is that “principle” considered higher than protecting children?

I’m not at all suggesting that someone can’t, in completely good faith, believe that what the Florida GOP did was wrong. I know lots of those people and respect their opinions. But I personally do not buy the idea of a “principle” that dictates crony-capitalist companies can’t be subject to the whims of the taxpayers that support them.

more
https://redstate.com/bonchie/2022/04/22/joe-biden-offers-a-lesson-on-conservatism-in-response-to-florida-gop-nuking-disney-n554462
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Desantis is making the Disney Corporation more equal with other corporations - equality and equity.  Why should greedy Disney shareholders benefit at public expense?

"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright