Author Topic: Yellen: ‘We Will Have to Put Up with Inflation for a While Longer’  (Read 643 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Yellen: ‘We Will Have to Put Up with Inflation for a While Longer’

Trent Baker 22 Apr 2022

In an interview with CNBC’s “TechCheck,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen predicted that the United States would have to “put up with inflation for a while longer.”

Yellen said the U.S. economy “has been remarkably resilient” given the pandemic, supply chain issues, war in Ukraine and “commodity price increases.” Despite touting the economic recovery, she advised that the ongoing Russian attack on Ukraine would “prolong inflationary pressures.”

“The stock market — I don’t take as a reflection of the underlying strength of the economy,” Yellen stated. “I think the U.S. economy has been remarkably resilient. And when you think of all the shocks that have afflicted the U.S. and the global economy, the pandemic, now the war, Russia’s war in Ukraine, commodity price increases, supply chain issues, the U.S. labor market is doing extremely well. And frankly, I take that as the strongest indication of how the economy is doing, and we have continued to create jobs and are back above pre-pandemic levels in terms of output. So, I think the U.S. economy has been very resilient in the face of an enormous set of shocks.”

Yellen was asked if inflation was going to get worse or if it had peaked.

“Well, it may have peaked, but, look, you know, inflation has been high. And I think the shocks emanating from this unjustified attack on Ukraine will prolong inflationary pressures,” she replied. “So, the outlook is uncertain. As you know, the Fed is taking steps to bring inflation down, but I think we will have to put up with high inflation for a while longer.

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/04/22/yellen-we-will-have-to-put-up-with-inflation-for-a-while-longer/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

I am sick of her face.

Offline Kamaji

In other words, the government won't do the hard work to rein inflation in.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen predicted that the United States would have to “put up with inflation for a while longer.”

This is the statement of an idiot and a fool. Inflation is a one way ratchet. It only goes up. It never goes down. So all the inflation happening now will not be, "for a while longer". Joe Biden's inflation will be with us for the rest of our lives.

The Biden administration is attempting to tell Americans that this is just a temporary fad. They are saying that eventually everything will go back to the way things were with Trump. This is a lie for stupid people.

There is no such thing as inflation prices going back to the way it was. Once inflation happens, it stays that way forever. All anyone can do is stop it from getting worse. But no one can make it go backwards.

All the lost saving value, and all the lost retirement fund value is gone for good. Thank You Biden voters. Your stupidity screwed yourself and all of us with you.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 08:16:47 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline libertybele

I am sick of her face.

I am sick of the entire Joe administration.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

These are people who can afford to be so flippant when it comes to inflation

Middle class people, working class, poor people, and retirees cannot
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline corbe

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline cato potatoe

I am sick of her face.

Her voice is much worse.  And what she says is useless nonsense.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Yellen: ‘We Will Have to Put Up with Inflation for a While Longer’

Translation for the po' folks:
"We have no idea how to deal with this, and no idea how long it will last."

Offline roamer_1

All of it - ALL OF IT is a damn lie.
Every bit of what's happening is intentional.
Purposeful.

If you want to argue over that  purpose, have at it.
But the end game seems pretty clear to me.

Offline Hoodat

Re: Yellen: ‘We Will Have to Put Up with Inflation for a While Longer’
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2022, 09:22:30 pm »
Purposeful.

Yep.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2022, 09:24:59 pm »
In an interview with CNBC’s “TechCheck,” Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen predicted that the United States would have to “put up with inflation for a while longer.”

Considering that she has the absolute power to stop it, her statement indicates that she has already decided to pour more fuel on it.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline libertybele

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2022, 10:25:31 pm »
Purposeful.

888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2022, 01:12:42 pm »
Purposeful.

The motivation to get inflation under control with these people is just not there because it doesn’t impact them and inflation makes it easier to manage the debt
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2022, 03:08:58 pm »
The motivation to get inflation under control with these people is just not there because it doesn’t impact them and inflation makes it easier to manage the debt

I think it's all magic bananas, and everybody can't see/comprehend for all the zeros. The size of the debt is beyond the ability to understand... Or, the debt is already so bad they know damn well they can't stop what's coming.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2022, 07:11:46 pm »
In other words, the government won't do the hard work to rein inflation in.

More likely, the government will continue to do the work that is causing inflation.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-