Author Topic: DeSantis: Biden Admin Appealing Mask Ruling Because ‘They Like to Exercise Power over the People’ Th  (Read 285 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
DeSantis: Biden Admin Appealing Mask Ruling Because ‘They Like to Exercise Power over the People’ They Govern

Hannah Bleau 21 Apr 2022

The Biden administration officials are appealing United States District Judge Kathryn Kimball Mizelle’s ruling nixing the federal mask mandate because they “like to exercise power over the people they govern,” Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) said on Thursday.

“There should be no mandates period,” the governor said during a stop in Destin, Florida.

“None,” he continued, calling the airline mandate “one of the most cruel” rules and blasting the unscientific approach, calling their moves a “charade”:

This is COVID theater but what it is they are trying to prolong the misery that these flight attendants have had to deal with. Did you see the flight attendants were crying? They were so happy when they repealed when the judge ruled that they didn’t have to be forced masked all day when they’re in the airplanes, all the most of the passengers were having a great time saying how, what a relief it was. And so when you see that and you realize there’s no real data behind this, why would you then try to appeal this, which is basically trying to reimpose mandates that’s going to just prolong the misery for people. So I think it will be totally outrageous if they, if they appeal this decision, I think that they have decided that they are going to do it. I don’t think they’re going to seek an immediate stay, which in some respects may even be worse because you are going to have this decision in effect. People are not going to be having to wear a mask and then if they win the appeal, you could reinstitute it somewhere down the line. That doesn’t make any sense whatsoever, and I think we’ve just got to get beyond this.

DeSantis then asked why these officials are continuing to pursue forced masking and concluded that it is at least partially because “they like to exercise power over the people that they govern.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/04/21/desantis-biden-admin-appealing-mask-ruling-because-they-like-to-exercise-power-over-the-people-they-govern/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34