Author Topic: Elon Musk Announces New Funding to Buy Twitter  (Read 355 times)

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Elon Musk Announces New Funding to Buy Twitter
« on: April 21, 2022, 08:02:12 pm »
Elon might just pull this off!

By ARJUN SINGH
April 21, 2022 11:09 AM

Elon Musk has announced Thursday that he has secured the funding necessary to acquire Twitter.

The Tesla and SpaceX CEO, who initially submitted a $43 billion bid to purchase the company at $54.20 per share, stated that he had partnered with private equity firm Morgan Stanley to fund his purchase. The new deal would be valued at $46.5 billion.

Musk stated that he would personally provide $21 billion, financed through equity in his own name. Morgan Stanley, meanwhile, would finance $13 billion through debt facilities, as well as $12.5 billion in marginal loans. Musk said he had received commitment letters from Morgan Stanley for both these offers.

Per the current process, Musk’s new bid with Morgan Stanley would have to be approved by a vote of all shareholders in collaboration with the board. Earlier this week, sources in the company told reporters that Twitter planned to reject Musk’s initial bid on April 28.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/elon-musk-announces-new-funding-to-buy-twitter/
« Last Edit: April 21, 2022, 08:03:09 pm by Wingnut »
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
Re: Elon Musk Announces New Funding to Buy Twitter
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2022, 08:21:22 pm »
OK, Musk has the briefcase full of cash to pay off the free-speech kidnappers, so where's the drop?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline berdie

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2022, 08:25:50 pm »
Can he buy it if it's not for sale?

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2022, 08:26:50 pm »
Can he buy it if it's not for sale?

If the shareholders agree he can! 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2022, 08:32:06 pm »
Liberal heads are exploding across the world like bubble wrap.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2022, 08:52:18 pm »
If the shareholders agree he can!

@Wingnut

I may be wrong/probably am,but I THINK that if an offer is made with a bid higher than the value of the stock,the board is required by law to sell.

Corporations are all about profits.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2022, 10:32:35 pm »
@Wingnut

I may be wrong/probably am,but I THINK that if an offer is made with a bid higher than the value of the stock,the board is required by law to sell.

Corporations are all about profits.
I don't know that they are required by law to sell, but their failure to do so means those shareholders who just had some folks with a very small percentage of stock just failed to take advantage of a deal that would net them 50% over market price overnight. Seems to me the Board of Directors just might have to answer to some ticked off investors and lose their jobs.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2022, 11:09:10 pm »
Trish Regan
@trish_regan

Elon Musk has come forward with financing. And he’s UPPING his offer by $3.5 billion. The board is going to have a tough time turning this one down now…

4:22 PM · Apr 21, 2022   Twitter for iPhone