Author Topic: Number of workers receiving unemployment benefits hits lowest level in 52 years  (Read 234 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Number of workers receiving unemployment benefits hits lowest level in 52 years
by Zachary Halaschak, Economics Reporter |
 | April 21, 2022 08:32 AM

Fewer people are receiving unemployment benefits now than in more than half a century, the Department of Labor reported Thursday.

Continuing claims for unemployment benefits fell to 1,417,000, last week, the lowest level since 1970 and a sign that jobs are abundant and the labor market is tight.

Additionally, the number of new applications for unemployment benefits fell by 2,000 last week to 184,000, remaining near the lowest level for initial claims since 1969.

Weekly new jobless claims are seen as a proxy for layoffs and have been watched closely as the Federal Reserve hiked its interest rate target. This week’s decline continues a generally downward trend in jobless claim reports since the omicron variant of the coronavirus peaked in mid-January.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/jobless-claims-drop-to-184-000-hover-near-lowest-level-in-decades
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Really?  I don't buy this for a second.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Yada yada yada, I saw this game played during the Bathhouse Barry/Out to Lunchbox Joe show. When people have run out of benefits they drop of the rolls and like magic unemployment goes down, those people then have to get a job or starve or they go on state aid(any numbers on increase/decrease of medicaid and food stamps? Also since there is no more taxpayer monthly subsidy of the layabouts going back on unemployment after working the minimum number of months will no longer support the lifestyle they had before on the dole.

Offline Kamaji

Yada yada yada, I saw this game played during the Bathhouse Barry/Out to Lunchbox Joe show. When people have run out of benefits they drop of the rolls and like magic unemployment goes down, those people then have to get a job or starve or they go on state aid(any numbers on increase/decrease of medicaid and food stamps? Also since there is no more taxpayer monthly subsidy of the layabouts going back on unemployment after working the minimum number of months will no longer support the lifestyle they had before on the dole.

Exactly!