Author Topic: New Mexico Fines ‘Rust’ Production Company Max Penalty Over Alec Baldwin-Involved Shooting  (Read 373 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
DailyWire By  Tim Pearce Apr 20, 2022   

New Mexico Fines ‘Rust’ Production Company Max Penalty Over Alec Baldwin-Involved Shooting

New Mexico fined a movie production company responsible for the “Rust” set the maximum amount possible for safety violations regarding firearms on Wednesday.

Filming of the movie “Rust” stopped after a fatal incident on October 21, 2021, resulted in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounding of one other. Actor Alec Baldwin was pointing a prop firearm at Hutchins when the gun went off, striking Hutchins and director Joel Souza.

New Mexico workplace safety regulators fined Rust Movie Productions $136,793 as well as issued a “scathing” review of the production company’s safety practices, according to the Associated Press.

“What we had, based on our investigators’ findings, was a set of obvious hazards to employees regarding the use of firearms and management’s failure to act upon those obvious hazards,” New Mexico Occupational Safety and Health Administration Chief Bob Genoway told the AP.

More: https://www.dailywire.com/news/breaking-new-mexico-fines-rust-production-company-max-penalty-over-alec-baldwin-involved-shooting

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That sets up the lawsuits....
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
 Actor Alec Baldwin was pointing a prop firearm at Hutchins when the gun went off, striking Hutchins and director Joel Souza.

You know that if it was an even a somewhat conservative actor instead of Baldwin they would drop 'prop' out of the description and be calling for charges of murder to be filed. I hope Baldwin and anyone responsible for safety on the set gets the max penalties.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Actor Alec Baldwin was pointing a prop firearm at Hutchins when the gun went off, striking Hutchins and director Joel Souza.

You know that if it was an even a somewhat conservative actor instead of Baldwin they would drop 'prop' out of the description and be calling for charges of murder to be filed. I hope Baldwin and anyone responsible for safety on the set gets the max penalties.
They must drop the 'prop' out of the description. It was a working firearm. Was reported right after the shooting that the crew were screwing around with it during down time and using it for target shooting. Obviously, based on the very facts at issue, it was a 'real' working weapon. If it was a 'prop' gun, Baldwin would not have been able to use it to commit a real actual murder.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵

I predict Hannah Reed will be the designated scapegoat for this.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I predict Hannah Reed will be the designated scapegoat for this.
If I recall correctly Baldwin was a producer and on set he is responsible for safety, he refused to take training for the cross draw handling of the weapon and most importantly he did not follow industry standards and confirm that the weapon was safe by unloading and dry firing the weapon into the ground once for each cylinder. If Baldwin had done this no one would have lost their life or been injured, so I would say Baldwin is more culpable.

The film had Seth Kenney, 51, as an 'armorer mentor,' according to a crew sheet
Sources say Kenney suggested armorer Hannah Gutierrez-Reed, 24, for the film
Kenney supplied the guns used in filming, but was reportedly never seen on set
Authorities are still investigating how live ammunition ended up at the shoot

More interesting information here: https://deadline.com/2021/11/alec-baldwin-rust-shooting-armorer-framed-statement-hannah-gutierrez-reed-1234871708/