Author Topic: Abortion Activist Wendy Davis Sues to Stop Texas’ New Life-Saving Law  (Read 663 times)

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Texas Scorecard by  Jacob Asmussen April 20, 2022

“Imagine a world where people are mad about saving babies.”

Pro-abortion activists are again trying to dismantle Texas’ Heartbeat Act and legalize the killing of more babies across the state.

Wendy Davis, former Democrat state senator and failed gubernatorial and congressional candidate, has filed a federal lawsuit against the act, calling it “blatantly unconstitutional.”

For context: In 2020 alone, more than 53,000 Texans were murdered in the womb by abortionists. In 2021, the “controversial” new Heartbeat Act, hailed by state lawmakers as the monumental pro-life win of the year, simply prohibited an individual in the state from killing a pre-born child after the baby’s heartbeat is detected (though the law still does not protect a baby in the first few weeks of his or her life).

Importantly, the Heartbeat Act is also unique in its enforcement; it empowers citizens, not government officials, to sue abortion facilities and anyone who assists in executing a heartbeat-detected child.

Since the act was approved by the state Legislature last May, pro-abortion businesses, media, and elected officials—including President Joe Biden and his administration—have raged against the law and sued the state to force them to halt it. However, courts—including the U.S. Supreme Court and the Texas Supreme Court—have so far refused their arguments and allowed the law to continue to this day, in part because of its unique legal design.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/abortion-activist-wendy-davis-sues-to-stop-texas-new-life-saving-law/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If she isn't pregnant, does she have standing? :whistle:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Abortion Barbie is still a thing? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

Abortion Barbie is still a thing?
Does that come with the fetal debris, or is that a separate accessory?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
If she isn't pregnant, does she have standing? :whistle:
At 58 and probably menopausal I doubt she will ever have standing if that is the standard. I never knew that one of the rights feminists were fight for was infanticide. Why do these people consider the killing of their baby, for the simple reason they don't want it, a right with no consequences but if a father killed the baby for the very same reason he is prosecuted for murder?

Offline Smokin Joe

At 58 and probably menopausal I doubt she will ever have standing if that is the standard. I never knew that one of the rights feminists were fight for was infanticide. Why do these people consider the killing of their baby, for the simple reason they don't want it, a right with no consequences but if a father killed the baby for the very same reason he is prosecuted for murder?
The claim is that it is her body, but unless the abortionist is a real hack, it isn't her body that gets shredded, poisoned, or burned to death with salt.

Considering voters were denied standing in 2020 election fraud cases, and they are directly involved in the process, I would think the standard for standing would have to involve some direct affect on the person who brings suit. Otherwise, no matter how hard they promote infanticide (in or out of the womb), the law does not affect them, thus, no standing.

C S Lewis

Offline berdie

I would like to see Wendy and Beto marry. Yes, I know it would be a May/December thing...but their ideological affection will overcome age.

Then I want them to move to a blue state. I have one in mind, but don't want to alienate anyone on this board. Heck, I may even set up a Go Fund Me for their relocation. :laugh:

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

I would like to see Wendy and Beto marry. Yes, I know it would be a May/December thing...but their ideological affection will overcome age.
That might serve another purpose as Beto''s beaver teeth might be able to gnaw that disgusting thing off her face.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Online libertybele

Texas Scorecard by  Jacob Asmussen April 20, 2022

“Imagine a world where people are mad about saving babies.”

Pro-abortion activists are again trying to dismantle Texas’ Heartbeat Act and legalize the killing of more babies across the state.

Wendy Davis, former Democrat state senator and failed gubernatorial and congressional candidate, has filed a federal lawsuit against the act, calling it “blatantly unconstitutional.”

For context: In 2020 alone, more than 53,000 Texans were murdered in the womb by abortionists. In 2021, the “controversial” new Heartbeat Act, hailed by state lawmakers as the monumental pro-life win of the year, simply prohibited an individual in the state from killing a pre-born child after the baby’s heartbeat is detected (though the law still does not protect a baby in the first few weeks of his or her life).

Importantly, the Heartbeat Act is also unique in its enforcement; it empowers citizens, not government officials, to sue abortion facilities and anyone who assists in executing a heartbeat-detected child.

Since the act was approved by the state Legislature last May, pro-abortion businesses, media, and elected officials—including President Joe Biden and his administration—have raged against the law and sued the state to force them to halt it. However, courts—including the U.S. Supreme Court and the Texas Supreme Court—have so far refused their arguments and allowed the law to continue to this day, in part because of its unique legal design.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/abortion-activist-wendy-davis-sues-to-stop-texas-new-life-saving-law/

God help us and save us from this insanity!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.