Author Topic: Netflix shares crater 25% after company reports it lost subscribers for the first time in more than  (Read 2514 times)

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
CNBC
PUBLISHED TUE, APR 19 20223:32 PM EDTUPDATED 13 MIN AGO
By Sarah Whitten
  • Shares of Netflix cratered more than 25% on Tuesday after the company reported a loss of 200,000 subscribers during the first quarter.
  • It’s the first time the streamer has reported a subscriber loss in more than a decade.
  • Netflix blamed increased competition, password sharing as well as inflation and the ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine for the stagnant subscriber growth.
(more)
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/04/19/netflix-nflx-earnings-q1-2022.html
« Last Edit: April 19, 2022, 09:28:35 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline mountaineer

Gee, signing the Obamas to a multimillion dollar deal didn't result in huge revenues? Odd.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline roamer_1

I am still subscribed through a family account... But I rarely go there anymore. When I do, I browse around looking for something interesting and wind up wandering off again. Anything worth watching, I have already seen... And the rest is pretty much crap.

If nothing changes, I imagine we won't be renewing the family subscription for this next year.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I am still subscribed through a family account... But I rarely go there anymore. When I do, I browse around looking for something interesting and wind up wandering off again. Anything worth watching, I have already seen... And the rest is pretty much crap.

If nothing changes, I imagine we won't be renewing the family subscription for this next year.

@roamer_1

Same here. I am still a subscriber mostly because I keep for getting to cancel my account. Don't have anything against Netflix,but there are other companies providing more of the content I want to view for the same or lower prices.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LilLamb

• Are we there yet?
They increased their price a couple of months ago. That might have something to do with it. People don’t think it’s worth 15.49 a month for 2 screens, 19.99 a month for 4 screens.
"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."  Ronald Reagan

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
Gee, signing the Obamas to a multimillion dollar deal didn't result in huge revenues? Odd.

How about Meghan and Harry?,

@mountaineer

I’m paying less than $10 a month but I watch on my iPad n SD not HD.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 03:15:55 am by Gefn »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Netflix blamed increased competition,

Makes sense, lots of new streaming services out there.

password sharing

Yep, lots of people share passwords between friends or family in order to save a bit.

as well as inflation

Oh yeah, cost of everything going up, including Netflix, and people have to cut back.

and the ongoing Russian invasion of Ukraine for the stagnant subscriber growth.

9999what 
Let it burn.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Unfortunately, there is a 600 lb gorilla in the room that will not be addressed.

Here goes.

The new game at the house is betting on how many episodes of a Netflix series can be watched before there is a homosexual liplock or more.

At that point we stop watching the series and try something else. We are quickly running out of things to watch.
There is a lot of unnecessary, gratuitous faggotry going on, and that doesn't leave much to watch that isn't queered out.

There is also a bunch of other 'wokedom' happening, and frankly that takes the shine off that apple.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Netflix also is very stubborn in its ways. They are stuck on the binge watching model and will only release shows a whole season at a time even after the viewing audience has tired of that approach. They have no capacity for live content nor do they have any desire to upgrade their system to support it. Simply put, Netflix—which once saved itself from obsolescence with its streaming service and got ahead of the curve—is now behind the curve with no desire to catch up.

They took their position as market leader for granted.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 11:34:49 am by jmyrlefuller »
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline ironhorsedriver

I have Netflix only because my cell company pays for it. Can't remember the last time I watched it.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Netflix also is very stubborn in its ways. They are stuck on the binge watching model and will only release shows a whole season at a time even after the viewing audience has tired of that approach. They have no capacity for live content nor do they have any desire to upgrade their system to support it. Simply put, Netflix—which once saved itself from obsolescence with its streaming service and got ahead of the curve—is now behind the curve with no desire to catch up.

They took their position as market leader for granted.

As far as I'm concerned, Netflix was doomed when the Obamas were awarded with a $200M contract, which witnessed the end of the Caucasian leading male role in any 'Action' movie and the insertion of homosexual/lesbian roles blanketing their selection library.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

As far as I'm concerned, Netflix was doomed when the Obamas were awarded with a $200M contract, which witnessed the end of the Caucasian leading male role in any 'Action' movie and the insertion of homosexual/lesbian roles blanketing their selection library.
Yep, they have planted character types with unnecessary (to the plot) density. That's a deal breaker for me.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Going hard left is one big reason, but another great big reason is content, since the competition roared to life with Groomer+, Paramount, Prime and others Netflix's ability to acquire content cratered. Some of their created content is good but it's buried under a mountain of crap and Hindi movies, and top of all that they increased their rates....real marketing genius there.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

We are just waiting for the new Stranger Things episodes and then Netflix is off to the chopping block. Like you I have seen pretty much everything they have that interests me and if I think there is something I enjoy watching over again I will just buy it......once.

Offline DCPatriot

Yep, they have planted character types with unnecessary (to the plot) density. That's a deal breaker for me.

Netflix has 'graduated' from homosexual/lesbian to transvestite men wearing dresses, heels and wigs as ex-spouses of star characters. (Secret City)

That said, it didn't seem gratuitous and worked inside the storyline.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Smokin Joe

Netflix has 'graduated' from homosexual/lesbian to transvestite men wearing dresses, heels and wigs as ex-spouses of star characters. (Secret City)

That said, it didn't seem gratuitous and worked inside the storyline.
I'm a sci-fi fan, but so many of the space operas have people on generation ships that won't breed in that configuration.

Not much hope for the future.

C S Lewis

Offline mountaineer

I'm on the outside looking in, never having used a Netflix service. The thought of paying more than I already do to watch television is not appealing because it just isn't worth it to me. For those who do enjoy more TV and movies, I hope they don't have any problem with the direction this company has taken.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline DCPatriot

I'm a sci-fi fan, but so many of the space operas have people on generation ships that won't breed in that configuration.

Not much hope for the future.

LOL!  Well, that "future" will probably see lab-grown fetuses, where the parents have an appointment to come and take their child home.

Offline Smokin Joe

LOL!  Well, that "future" will probably see lab-grown fetuses, where the parents have an appointment to come and take their child home.
I'm not so sure (yeah, I read Brave New World, too).

But what happened to the psych/development stuff about mother/child bonds, the concept of learning in the womb, and the immune boost from colostrum?

Maybe bottles don't make such good mothers, after all.

C S Lewis

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Back in the day, you could count on Netflix to come out with 2-5 new releases per month that had good boxoffice appeal.

That's now zip, and it has been clutered with foreign shit, and the good content they do have is been cleared from the shelves like crazy.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline roamer_1

Unfortunately, there is a 600 lb gorilla in the room that will not be addressed.

Here goes.

The new game at the house is betting on how many episodes of a Netflix series can be watched before there is a homosexual liplock or more.

At that point we stop watching the series and try something else. We are quickly running out of things to watch.
There is a lot of unnecessary, gratuitous faggotry going on, and that doesn't leave much to watch that isn't queered out.

There is also a bunch of other 'wokedom' happening, and frankly that takes the shine off that apple.

Yup. Gratuitous faggotry... Instantly OFF my list, never to return. It ain't every one because most of the rejects are foreign films that are not advertised as such. You have to start watching em to find out you need CC.

But 1 in 5 easily are rejected for gratuitous faggotry. 2 in 5 rejected as foreign (which may contain faggotry, but I will never know)... And 2 in 5 rejected for just being plain crap... which may also contain gratuitous faggotry, but I never got that far.

So something like 1 try out of 6 is something I might vaguely get into the unoffensive column... and then from there, might be judged as something I like enough to continue.

I have not watched a dang thing on Netflix since maybe Christmas time.  Go there maybe once a month for a dose of disappointment. That's pretty much done.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 05:16:19 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
<-- has never seen netflix, not even once.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Not just NetFlix. It is everybody.

Have watched 'Naked and Afraid' on Discovery for years. Consider myself to be a fan of the show and of many other 'semi-real' survival shows. The thought of transgender or homosexuality never crossed my mind although logically there must have been several homosexuals who participated in the challenges.

However, this season they have gone fully 'woke' and like everything else in America are shoving homosexuality and transgender down the throats of the audience. They don't just allow trans/queer people to participate, which is more or less fine with me. But then the whole show becomes about that, and I just don't care.

I will be the FIRST transgender to complete the challenge!
Me, as a gay man/woman, want to show what the homosexual community is capable of!

And I just do not care! They have changed the show this season into mild advocacy over simple entertainment.

(BTW) These days, it is rare to see a commercial without an interracial couple as the 'typical' American family. People watching American commercials overseas must think that America is at least 50% Black people and most of them are married to White spouses.

Offline Smokin Joe

Not just NetFlix. It is everybody.

Have watched 'Naked and Afraid' on Discovery for years. Consider myself to be a fan of the show and of many other 'semi-real' survival shows. The thought of transgender or homosexuality never crossed my mind although logically there must have been several homosexuals who participated in the challenges.

However, this season they have gone fully 'woke' and like everything else in America are shoving homosexuality and transgender down the throats of the audience. They don't just allow trans/queer people to participate, which is more or less fine with me. But then the whole show becomes about that, and I just don't care.

I will be the FIRST transgender to complete the challenge!
Me, as a gay man/woman, want to show what the homosexual community is capable of!

And I just do not care! They have changed the show this season into mild advocacy over simple entertainment.

(BTW) These days, it is rare to see a commercial without an interracial couple as the 'typical' American family. People watching American commercials overseas must think that America is at least 50% Black people and most of them are married to White spouses.
Long ago I noticed that of the couples house hunting on HGTV about a third were "partners" (the end of that cable channel for me).

C S Lewis