Author Topic: Daffodils to treat Alzheimer's could be Welsh hill farming's future  (Read 282 times)

Online libertybele

Daffodils to treat Alzheimer's could be Welsh hill farming's future

Pharmaceutical entrepreneur Sir Roger Jones said more of the plants were needed by his industry.

The firm he chairs, Agroceutical, has pioneered their use in treating Alzheimer's and is producing an over-the-counter supplement. It wants clusters of growers established.

The pills could be available for sale by spring 2023.

Agroceutical founder and director, hill farmer Kevin Stephens, has been growing Wales' national flower in Powys' Black Mountains for more than a decade.

He discovered a hardy daffodil variety, grown under stress in wind-swept conditions, produced higher levels of the chemical galanthamine.

That is an approved treatment for slowing down the progress of vascular dementia and Alzheimer's disease. .............

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-wales-61081542
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mountaineer

Re: Daffodils to treat Alzheimer's could be Welsh hill farming's future
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2022, 02:08:23 am »
I had no idea daffodils had medicinal properties!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online libertybele

Re: Daffodils to treat Alzheimer's could be Welsh hill farming's future
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2022, 02:43:13 am »
I had no idea daffodils had medicinal properties!

Nor did I.  Now we know.  :shrug:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.