Author Topic: 'We've got to save democracy in order to save our species': Democratic Rep. Raskin says we can't fig  (Read 304 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
'We've got to save democracy in order to save our species': Democratic Rep. Raskin says we can't fight climate change while dealing with the right wing and says Trump's 'attempted coup' will be focus of the January 6 hearings

The Maryland Democrat also accused Trump of committing a 'self-coup'
    'A president fearful of defeat, overthrowing the constitutional process,' he said
    He said Trump 'was prepared to seize the presidency' on January 6 last year if rioters succeeded in stopping Congress from certifying Biden's 2020 win
    Raskin also predicted that a slimmed-down climate package using measures in the defunct Build Back Better plan could be passed by Democrats soon

By Reuters and Elizabeth Elkind, Politics Reporter For Dailymail.Com

Published: 07:01 EDT, 18 April 2022 | Updated: 10:57 EDT, 18 April 2022

A top Democrat in the House of Representatives said in a Monday interview that saving 'democracy' was critical to fighting climate change, claiming 'alt-right' groups are distracting from the necessary work of saving the planet.

'We’ve got to save the democracy in order to save the climate and save our species,' he said during a joint sit-down with Reuters, NPR and The Guardian.

'We’re never going to be able to successfully deal with climate change if we’re spending all our time fighting the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers and Ku Klux Klan, and the Aryan nations and all of Steve Bannon’s alt-right nonsense.'

Raskin, whose national profile shot up with Donald Trump's second impeachment trial, also suggested the former president's 'self-coup' attempt will be a primary focus of the House Select Committee investigating January 6th's upcoming public hearings.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10728197/Lawmaker-Raskin-sees-hope-U-S-climate-legislation-year.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Who says our species deserves to be saved?  My money is on the squirrels.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
I don't understand, how do they save a species by throwing feces?

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
'We've got to save democracy in order to save our species'

'I do not think that word means what you think it means'

The Republic is lost.