Author Topic: NO RELIEF: Expert warns Americans to get ready for gas price surge  (Read 589 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 1 hour ago
Gas prices likely to surge again, expert says
National average price per gallon is projected to rise to around $4.15-$4.20

By Daniella Genovese FOXBusiness

Following a brief dip, gas prices are projected to surge once again, with the national average potentially reaching $4.20 a gallon, according to an industry expert.

Over the past week, gasoline futures rose 30 cents "which is just bad news for the consumer," according to Andy Lipow, president of Lipow Oil Associates. 

The national average price for a gallon of regular gasoline on Monday is $4.08, according to AAA estimates.

Lipow projects the national average will climb back to between $4.15 and $4.20 per gallon even with some states suspending gas taxes.

more
https://www.foxbusiness.com/economy/gas-prices-april-2022
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: NO RELIEF: Expert warns Americans to get ready for gas price surge
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2022, 03:57:00 pm »
Already back to 3.90 here
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2022, 04:36:22 pm »
We are going up agian here too. Last wee it sank to about three fiddy a gal today back at $3.90 +
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online rustynail

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2022, 03:38:08 pm »
Biden Begins Buying Back Oil To Refill Strategic Reserve... Will Send Gas Prices Back To Record Highs

Just 6 weeks after President Biden unveiled the greatest, most-massivest, democracy-saving plan to release millions of barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve into the market to bring down the price of gasoline at the pump for Americans... which was crushing his approval ratings as the average joe's pocket book is eaten alive by Biden-flation...

CNN reports that the Biden administration plans to seek bids this fall to buy 60 million barrels of crude oil as the first step in a years-long process aimed at replenishing America's shrinking emergency oil reserve, an Energy Department official said.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/biden-begins-buying-back-oil-refill-strategic-reserve-will-send-gas-prices-back-record

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2022, 04:42:57 pm »
I have not found a gas pump during the last month that did not have a "I did that" sticker on it or evidence one had been removed.

The public knows who is responsible.

Anybody seen a pump sticker saying 'Oil Companies are taking our money'?

We might see some 'California is taking our money' on pumps there once the state raised its gasoline taxes once again.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2022, 04:44:25 pm by IsailedawayfromFR »
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline LMAO

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2022, 08:35:20 pm »
$4.10 here now
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2022, 11:46:03 pm »
It always goes up in the spring.

Look at diesel, though. $6 a gallon here. I've never seen diesel that high, even in 2008.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2022, 12:43:59 am »
Biden Begins Buying Back Oil To Refill Strategic Reserve... Will Send Gas Prices Back To Record Highs

Just 6 weeks after President Biden unveiled the greatest, most-massivest, democracy-saving plan to release millions of barrels of oil from the Strategic Petroleum Reserve into the market to bring down the price of gasoline at the pump for Americans... which was crushing his approval ratings as the average joe's pocket book is eaten alive by Biden-flation...

CNN reports that the Biden administration plans to seek bids this fall to buy 60 million barrels of crude oil as the first step in a years-long process aimed at replenishing America's shrinking emergency oil reserve, an Energy Department official said.

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/biden-begins-buying-back-oil-refill-strategic-reserve-will-send-gas-prices-back-record
BINGO!

Competition for an additional 60,000,000 barrels of crude oil against the hobbled oil industry's ability to increase production between now and then, and the unobtainium of building more takeaway capacity (pipelines), is going to make winter hurt more, especially where people still use fuel oil. (Better fill those tanks this summer, folks.)
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2022, 01:05:02 am »
Am not so worried about a price surge as I am the availability of gasoline, Period.

I recall sitting in those massive lines to get 8 gallons back when Biden's mentor Jimmy Carter was running things.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2022, 03:08:33 am »
It always goes up in the spring.

Look at diesel, though. $6 a gallon here. I've never seen diesel that high, even in 2008.

We just filled the tanks at the farm... Liked to kill me...  We get a discount because it is a farm account, and also only buy red diesel... over 4 bucks a gal in gas, and almost 5 in diesel...