Author Topic: Brazile: GOP ‘Running on Fumes’ — ‘Democrats Are Running on the Economy That’s Roaring Back’  (Read 350 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Brazile: GOP ‘Running on Fumes’ — ‘Democrats Are Running on the Economy That’s Roaring Back’

Trent Baker 17 Apr 2022

Sunday on ABC’s “This Week,” Democratic strategist Donna Brazile weighed in on the upcoming midterm elections.

Brazile claimed that the GOP was “essentially running on fumes” from the “energy” of the so-called “big lie” of 2020. She argued that, on the other hand, Democrats “are running on the economy that’s roaring back” and “fighting inflation.”

“All we have to do is wait over the next 37 days as 11 or 12 states hold their primaries. You have big primaries in Ohio and North Carolina, Pennsylvania where the former president has already tipped the scales and supported one candidate over another,” Brazile stated. “The Republicans are essentially running on fumes. They’re running on the energy of 2020, which is the big lie. Democrats are running on an economy that’s roaring back, that is fighting inflation, that is helping the Ukrainians. Democrats will run on what they delivered. Republicans are going to run on the fumes of 2020.”

Former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie laughed at Brazile’s claim and said the GOP was “running on the gas that Joe Biden is giving us at $5 a gallon.”

“Come on,” Christie replied. “We’re running on the gas that Joe Biden is giving us at $5 a gallon. That’s what we’re running on. We’re running on $5 gasoline. We’re running on 8.5% inflation. We’re running on a failed withdrawal from Afghanistan. We’re running on a president and a Democratic Party that their own party … said this week created this inflation through the rescue plan in January.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/04/17/brazile-gop-running-on-fumes-democrats-are-running-on-the-economy-thats-roaring-back/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Kamaji

:happyhappy:

I wasn't aware that incipient 1970s style stagflation was "roaring back".

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Those fumes are coming from the paper bag y'all been huffing out of...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Charles M. Blow
A Biden Blood Bath?
April 17, 2022
New York Times
A recent poll truly shocked me.

Quinnipiac University found that President Biden’s approval rating had sunk to just 33 percent. You might argue that this was just one poll, but Biden’s approval is down in multiple surveys.

As CNN’s Harry Enten pointed out Friday, there were four major national polls released last week, and in three of them — including Quinnipiac — Biden had his lowest showing of his presidency. In the fourth, he was “one point off the lowest.”

These are just devastating results on the heels of a historic Supreme Court confirmation and only seven months out from the midterms.

When Politico’s Ryan Lizza last week asked Biden pollster John Anzalone how dire the situation had become for Democrats, Anzalone responded in blunt terms, saying that no Democratic consultant would say “that this is anything but a really sour environment for Democrats.” ...

But all this taken together — in addition to voter suppression and racial, political gerrymandering — may prove hugely problematic for Democrats and for the administration, unless they can turn things around before Election Day. If not, we could well be looking forward to a Biden blood bath.
This guy is completely wrong on every point: why Republicans are outraged (no, it's not because they don't like black people or homosexuals), Biden's inherent decency, what a success the Biden presidency akshually has been but Republicans just don't admit it ... blahblahblah ... but he's probably right about one thing. There should be a Democrat bloodbath in the 2022 elections if the DNC is unsuccessful in stealing them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline LMAO

I understand that it’s her job to try to motivate the base. But this is absolutely tone deaf
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
While I generally hate Christie opening his mouth, he got Brazile good on this one.
The Republic is lost.