Author Topic: Electric Cars not Ready for Showtime  (Read 120 times)

rebewranger

Electric Cars not Ready for Showtime
« on: April 17, 2022, 02:16:29 pm »
April 13, 2022
Electric Cars not Ready for Showtime

By William D. Balgord
It seems that no one can ever do quite enough to satisfy the demands of professional complainers.  Not even Elon Musk, world-famous promoter of electric vehicles. He was met rudely by protesters at the grand opening of his Tesla assembly plant, just outside Berlin, during recent ceremonies: "...it [the plant] has faced opposition and some environmental activists blocked the factory’s entrance while displaying banners flagging its high water use…”

All said and done, it should become clear to various parties that the newer generation of electric vehicles is no better, environmentally speaking, than late-model automobiles powered by the much-maligned internal combustion engine. The goal of saving the Earth from ungrounded fears of “climate disruption” attending CO2 emissions pales in contrast to the massive disruptions by a transportation system whose dependence on EVs that will trigger dreaded brownouts.

Modern EVs share inherent shortcomings with their dowdy ancestors. I recall my father pointing out a relic black Baker electric (made circa 1910–14) as it trundled down our street. It resembled a hearse more than a car. Obviously, 2022 Teslas far outperform the Baker, but both the Baker in its own time and today’s nifty Teslas require lengthy recharging when the batteries run low. More about that detail a little later. 

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/04/electric_cars_not_ready_for_showtime.html

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Electric Cars not Ready for Showtime
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 02:21:16 pm »
Yep.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis