Author Topic: Will J6 Be Remembered More Like the Boston Massacre?  (Read 102 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Will J6 Be Remembered More Like the Boston Massacre?
« on: April 16, 2022, 01:51:45 pm »
April 16, 2022
Will J6 Be Remembered More Like the Boston Massacre?
By J.B. Shurk

I get so ticked off whenever our contemptible congresscritters or their praetorian propagandists in the press call J6 an "insurrection."  Did the world really witness a bunch of rowdy Americans try to overthrow the U.S. government on January 6, 2021?  Would some of the country's strongest defenders of the right to bear arms really show up for battle bearing none?  Did anybody in that crowd — many of whom were retirees welcomed into the Capitol Building by Capitol Police — actually believe that an "insurrection" was taking place?  The answer to all three questions is a demonstrable, "No!"  But to a federal government addicted to lying about absolutely anything, the "violent attack" on the Capitol was every bit as bad as 9/11, Pearl Harbor, and the Civil War.  I don't know what's worse — that our government engages in such blatant propaganda against its citizens or that it can no longer be shamed into retracting its propaganda once its lies get called out. 

Words matter.  They set verbal place markers for the important events through our history, and I do not like this new linguistic gauntlet being cavalierly thrown down by our government.  If an unarmed group of patriotic tourists waving American flags constitutes an "insurrection," then nearly any kind of rollicking assembly of citizen protesters can be deemed an "insurrection."  If free speech, public assembly, and petitioning government authorities for redress of grievances become "treasonous" whenever those same authorities feel disrespected or threatened, then most all political speech and passionate assembly (directed against the government) become acts of "rebellion."  And if anything can be so easily deemed "rebellion," then the federal government burns all the middle ground between peaceful resistance and forceful revolution.  By treating as an "act of war" what should have been rebuked no more severely than would have any other political rally morphing into something between the equivalent of a college naked-mile-run and an illicit riot, the U.S. government pushes citizens' backs up against the wall.  People will think twice before they protest the federal government, but because protest is now synonymous with "insurrection," once people commit to the former, they will be prepared for the latter, too.  I'd say that's a pretty dangerous place marker for our country going forward.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2022/04/will_j6_be_remembered_more_like_the_boston_massacre.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Will J6 Be Remembered More Like the Boston Massacre?
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2022, 02:11:46 pm »
When the options are reduced to keeping quiet or open armed rebellion, it is only a question of how long the blocked safety valve of free speech can contain the pressure. Certainly, the first Amendment was written to protect political speech, the Founders would have considered nothing less.

Note the J6 group, unlike others who felt their 'speech' was not being heard had not reached the level of agitation, even at the peak, where people in it were burning and looting buildings and killing people.

As for J6 vs The Boston Massacre, I must also note dead minorities were under-represented on J6, in comparison, but even the Redcoats were too restrained to fire on women or bludgeon women to death, at least in that incident in Boston.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis