Author Topic: I am a Jewish Student at DePaul. I am Scared.  (Read 229 times)

Offline mountaineer

I am a Jewish Student at DePaul. I am Scared.
« on: April 15, 2022, 01:38:40 pm »
I am a Jewish Student at DePaul. I am Scared.
Apr 15, 2022, 8:10 AM
Barbara Schiffer
I am a Jewish student at DePaul University in Chicago and I am scared. Over the last couple of months, Students for Justice in Palestine has been making more and more accusations about Jewish organizations; specifically, Hillel and Birthright Israel. Out of context, their messages don’t seem harmful, but by calling out Jewish organizations as oppressors, it’s no longer about the Israeli government or Palestinian statehood but about the Jewish people. And that’s where anti-Zionism becomes antisemitism. Which is why I’m scared.

When SJP dropped tons fliers from the top of Arts and Letters, they didn’t speak about Christian trips to Israel or Muslim trips to Israel or interfaith trips to Israel… all of which exist. They only spoke about Hillel and Birthright, which just so happen to be major Jewish organizations. So, what happens when a call for Justice is actually activism against Jews?  ...

The same group calling Jewish identity programming “sexual tourism” is calling for another intifada (via Instagram) which they know most students don’t understand. But Jews and Israelis understand all too well. It’s a call for bombings, stabbings, and just so much death. The first two intifadas cost thousands of lives.   ...
Times of Israel

It's more than a little disturbing that such things are permitted at a Catholic university, given the Jewish roots of Christianity.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org