Author Topic: RNC accuses presidential debate commission of bias, withdraws from process  (Read 285 times)

Offline libertybele

RNC accuses presidential debate commission of bias, withdraws from process

Any Republican who wants to run for president will be required to sign a pledge that they will only appear in party-sanctioned primary and general election debates after the Republican National Committee voted unanimously Thursday to withdraw from the Commission on Presidential Debates.

Republicans have for years complained that the nonprofit and self-described nonpartisan debate commission has been biased towards Democrats. Now the RNC has followed through on threats to pull Republican candidates out of the debate process. At a meeting in Tennessee, party leadership passed a resolution that reads in part: "Any presidential primary candidate who does not agree in writing, or who participates in any debate that is not a sanctioned debate, shall not be eligible to participate in any further sanctioned debates.”

The Wall Street Journal reports that the RNC will form a working group to sanction debates based on input from presidential campaigns on the timing, frequency, format, media outlet, candidate qualifications, and whatever is in the "best interest of the Republican Party," among other considerations.

“Debates are an important part of the democratic process, and the RNC is committed to free and fair debates. The Commission on Presidential Debates is biased and has refused to enact simple and commonsense reforms to help ensure fair debates including hosting debates before voting begins and selecting moderators who have never worked for candidates on the debate stage," RNC chairwoman Ronna Romney McDaniel said in a statement.

"Today, the RNC voted to withdraw from the biased CPD, and we are going to find newer, better debate platforms to ensure that future nominees are not forced to go through the biased CPD in order to make their case to the American people,” she added. ...............

https://www.theblaze.com/news/rnc-accuses-presidential-debate-commission-of-bias-withdraws-from-process
« Last Edit: April 14, 2022, 10:03:26 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline berdie

I find this interesting and wonder how much follow thru they will do.

Offline libertybele

I find this interesting and wonder how much follow thru they will do.

We'll see.  Ronna needs to get off her bootie and start doing something.  Last election she went to Trump rallies and counted the numbers of attendees in the enormous crowds he drew.  Lot of good that did; she should have been concentrating on election integrity!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline dancer

This is the only thing I can thank Ronna for!  Even then, she is unpopular with most of us.  Where was she when Dems attacked Trump non-stop?  Hiding.  She needs to be replaced.   She's throwing us a bone to try to gain funds.

The last I knew, the RNC donations were way down.  They don't call me anymore because I told them my money will go to Trump's PAC.  I told her that I'm tired of seeing the money go towards campaigns I despise.   She said, "Do you want your name off the call list?"  I said yes!  They don't call me anymore.   :patriot: