Author Topic: NY Democrats are panicking over their brand they ruined themselves  (Read 142 times)

Offline Kamaji

NY Democrats are panicking over their brand they ruined themselves

By NY Post Editorial Board
April 12, 2022

Leading New York Democrats know that they’re in hot water with voters over soaring crime, anti-COVID extremism, political corruption and other issues, so state Chairman Jay Jacobs and Gov. Kathy Hochul want to create a new ballot line for vulnerable incumbents ahead of November’s election.

Moderate, independent and suburban voters are poised to rebel against the left’s pro-crime, anti-police, high-spending agenda. In Nassau and Suffolk counties, which saw big Republican gains last year, Dems fear their party brand has grown so toxic that they need an added line to avoid getting swamped in a coming red wave.

So Long Island-based Jacobs aims to create an “independent” third party to give his candidates some cover. Maybe the “Unlike Most Democrats, We Don’t Hate You” Party?

But it’s not that easy to fool New York voters: Last year, then-Nassau County Executive Laura Curran created the Common Sense Party for the same reason. But Curran was still ousted as voters flocked to GOP candidate Bruce Blakeman.

So the Jacobs-Hochul plan to try the same thing on a larger scale tells you not only that they’re desperate, but that Democrats are out of new ideas even when it comes to conning the voters.

-- * --

Source:  https://nypost.com/2022/04/12/new-york-democrats-are-panicking-over-their-ruined-brand/

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: NY Democrats are panicking over their brand they ruined themselves
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2022, 06:42:02 pm »
New York has an abundance of corruption, narcissists, psychopaths, and sociopaths.  It's like watching a school of sharks attacking each other.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.