Author Topic: Yes, David French, Public Schools Are Absolutely ‘Grooming’ Children. I Would Know  (Read 100 times)

Offline Kamaji

Yes, David French, Public Schools Are Absolutely ‘Grooming’ Children. I Would Know

Reading your article made me feel a lot like I did when I was younger trying to get people to care about the sexual abuse I suffered.

BY: KAELEY TRILLER
APRIL 07, 2022

Dear Mr. French,

You have no idea who I am, but I’m a longtime David French fan. I appreciate your intellectual honesty, your willingness to risk scrutiny to stand against your own tribe in defense of truth, and the important nuance to which you routinely invite your readers. I shared a cab to the airport with you once about five years ago. It was a major highlight in my life as an aspiring writer.

Throughout the years, I’ve enthusiastically shared your articles. I nodded in emphatic agreement when you denounced Donald Trump’s appalling rhetoric. I gave you a standing ovation in my living room when you told the truth too many wanted to ignore about Roy Moore.

As a rape survivor, I think I may have actually cried when I read your article about how the church at large is failing to adequately address the sexual abuse epidemic. And I wanted to pull my hair out right alongside you when the (completely predictable and preventable) Jan. 6, 2021 disaster struck.

But this week I read your piece “Against the ‘Groomer’ Smear,” and my heart sank.

‘Groomer’ Isn’t Just a Smear
I read every word hoping I could find a way to agree with your perspective, and in some areas, I could. I was tracking with you on some of the things you had to say about Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson and the problematic nature of some of the ambiguous text in Florida House Bill 1557. You raised some good points, and I hope people consider them.

But then you got to the part about sexual grooming in today’s public schools. You called the claims of grooming “absurd.” You mocked the people making them. You spelled out, in vivid detail, the components of true sexual grooming, and you declared, in no uncertain terms, that this is not happening through today’s school curriculum.

I don’t know how else to say this, but, Mr. French, you are wrong. I don’t know if maybe you’re just so frustrated with the right’s unwillingness to contend with the rot in our own house that it’s rendered you unable to consider the possibility that any of our expressed concerns could be rooted in legitimacy, or what. But I can tell you that your choice to use your platform and influence to perpetuate this type of ignorance is devastating to those of us who’ve spent our entire lives defending kids from the specific types of grooming you refuse to acknowledge.

By way of explanation, I spent the first 10 years of my life being groomed by a pedophile. I am intimately familiar with the tactics and methods, all of which are brazenly present in much of today’s curriculum. I’ve also spent the past seven years on the frontlines of the great sexual identity debate, fielding horror story after horror story from parents, teachers, therapists, and the poor souls whose lives and bodies have been devastated by this insidious ideology.

Source:  https://thefederalist.com/2022/04/07/yes-david-french-public-schools-are-absolutely-grooming-children-i-would-know/