Author Topic: AG Paxton Defeats San Antonio in Sanctuary City Lawsuit  (Read 316 times)

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
AG Paxton Defeats San Antonio in Sanctuary City Lawsuit
« on: April 11, 2022, 11:18:42 pm »
Texas Scorecard by Katy Drollinger April 8, 2022

The lawsuit accused San Antonio of violating Senate Bill 4, Texas’ sanctuary city law.

After filing a $150 million lawsuit against the City of San Antonio in 2018, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced a settlement in his favor this week.

Paxton initiated the lawsuit after San Antonio Chief of Police William McManus released 12 illegal aliens discovered in a tractor-trailer within city limits. Additionally, city officials contacted several nonprofits to transport the individuals rather than reaching out to federal authorities.

Consequently, Paxton sued Chief McManus, the police department, the city, and the city manager, accusing them of violating Senate Bill 4, commonly referred to as Texas’ sanctuary city law.

The bill, passed in 2017, requires local governments to cooperate with federal authorities when dealing with illegal immigrants. Additionally, the legislation permits police to ask detainees for their immigration status and prohibits cities from creating policies to prevent the practice. Any city violating Senate Bill 4 could face fines of up to $25,000.

These new guidelines prevented cities from shielding illegal immigrants and becoming sanctuary cities.

More: https://texasscorecard.com/state/ag-paxton-defeats-san-antonio-in-sanctuary-city-lawsuit/

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: AG Paxton Defeats San Antonio in Sanctuary City Lawsuit
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 11:27:05 pm »
One more reason Paxton will have my vote for as long as he wants it.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: AG Paxton Defeats San Antonio in Sanctuary City Lawsuit
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2022, 02:36:53 am »
Unless those individuals like this SA police chief are arrested and spend time in jail, this will continue.

We must go after the perpetrators.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington