Author Topic: Get ready for a nasty inflation report  (Read 499 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Get ready for a nasty inflation report
« on: April 11, 2022, 07:43:34 pm »
Get ready for a nasty inflation report
Neil Irwin

Consumer Price Index, year-over-year percentage change
Monthly; January 1980 to February 2022

A new inflation reading is due out Tuesday morning, and it looks to be a doozy. The Consumer Price Index for March will reflect the surge in energy prices tied to the war in Ukraine, which is likely to push the headline number to yet another multi-decade high.

Why it matters: The biggest question facing the economy now is whether inflation will come down on its own, or require such aggressive Federal Reserve action as to bring a recession. The new numbers will provide fresh evidence of which reality we're living in.

Beyond the headline number, the report will include crucial evidence of whether the forces that have driven inflation — largely affecting goods — are starting to fade, and whether rising prices are spreading further into services.

The details: Analysts surveyed by FactSet expect the release to show 8.4% inflation over the last year, which would be the highest overall inflation rate since December 1981. The rate was 7.9% for the year ended in February.

Excluding food and energy, the forecast is for 6.6% inflation, which would be the highest since August 1982.

more
https://www.axios.com/get-ready-for-a-nasty-inflation-report-de2b1d26-3abc-4be4-90d5-9f180b946c2e.html

Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: Get ready for a nasty inflation report
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 08:23:08 pm »
That darn Putin.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 08:27:16 pm »
I filled up my tank.
I went grocery shopping.
I paid the utility bill.

Who needs the government to tell me my money is worth less?
I can think of another place we could cut government spending...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 10:34:10 pm »
Highest rate in our history was just a shade under 30% in 1778 (annual)

Over/Under of Joeflation as a record breaker?

I say under, with early '23 getting up to 22-24% 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 11:06:09 pm »
I filled up my tank.
I went grocery shopping.
I paid the utility bill.

Who needs the government to tell me my money is worth less?
I can think of another place we could cut government spending...

Exactly, nor does the gov't have to point out that shelves are bare and supplies are low. This we very noticeable before things escalated over in Ukraine.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 11:08:13 pm by libertybele »
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2022, 11:07:54 pm »
Highest rate in our history was just a shade under 30% in 1778 (annual)

Over/Under of Joeflation as a record breaker?

I say under, with early '23 getting up to 22-24%

Inflation will definitely be worse than the 14%+ during the Carter years.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2022, 11:16:21 pm »
A young (Early 40's) couple in my community was all set to begin construction of their dream home but that has now been inflated beyond their means.  My heart breaks for them.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2022, 11:27:40 pm »
A young (Early 40's) couple in my community was all set to begin construction of their dream home but that has now been inflated beyond their means.  My heart breaks for them.

That is so very sad.

Our housing market is booming here as people are moving here by the thousands.  I anticipate that we are going to see a quick downturn.  When the economy dwindles, our housing market is usually hit the hardest along with construction jobs.

Sure, we have lots of people moving here and they are building many apartment complexes and adding several new city complexes that extend for several blocks, but I think those investments are going to go bust. I've seen it happen here before several times.  We are the last to see a boom and usually the first to see an economic downturn.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2022, 11:35:06 pm »
That is so very sad.

Our housing market is booming here as people are moving here by the thousands.  I anticipate that we are going to see a quick downturn.  When the economy dwindles, our housing market is usually hit the hardest along with construction jobs.

Sure, we have lots of people moving here and they are building many apartment complexes and adding several new city complexes that extend for several blocks, but I think those investments are going to go bust. I've seen it happen here before several times.  We are the last to see a boom and usually the first to see an economic downturn.

David Stockman On The Coming Stock Market ‘Crash Of Biblical Proportions’

"Whether we like it or not, the reality is, the Federal Reserve has an enormous influence over the dollar and the stock market.

And right now, the Fed has an urgent and fateful decision to make.

It can keep printing trillions of dollars, let inflation skyrocket or tighten monetary policy, and watch the stock market crash.

In other words, it can sacrifice the stock market or the dollar...

Excerpt:  Rest at headline link.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien