Author Topic: Biden Scares America, Media Sweats Elon Musk by David Catron  (Read 228 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden Scares America, Media Sweats Elon Musk
The former may well get us nuked but we can’t take the chance that the latter will defend free speech.
by David Catron
April 11, 2022, 12:13 AM

It is now impossible to ignore our president’s cognitive decline. Public opinion polls indicate that most voters doubt his mental capacity to carry out his duties, and his public effusions confirm the accuracy of that assessment. Since his bizarre State of the Union address, Biden’s utterances have become less and less lucid and his few coherent statements are terrifying. He has called for regime change in a country with a huge nuclear arsenal and denounced its president as a war criminal. Yet the corporate media are generally sanguine about Biden’s verbal incontinence. Indeed, they have applauded it.

So, what would frighten the Fourth Estate? Elon Musk on Twitter’s board of directors.

Musk was invited to join the Twitter board after he bought a 9.2 percent stake in the company, making him its single largest shareholder. He was welcomed by co-founder Jack Dorsey and CEO Parag Agrawal, but this did not assuage media fears. At NBC’s “Think,” Kara Alaimo fretted, “As we head into another election cycle and are still dealing with Covid, his record of spreading misinformation on the social media platform is worrisome.” At the Washington Post, Ellen K. Pao revealed the real issue in a column titled, “Elon Musk’s vision of ‘free speech’ will be bad for Twitter.” Note the way she invariably encloses the words free speech in scare quotes:

Musk calls himself a “free-speech absolutist,” but like many “free speech” advocates, he willfully ignores that private companies are free to establish some limits … As the company’s largest shareholder, Musk will no doubt have outsize influence, and his clout will be magnified by the board seat. He can bend the company toward his preferences, removing reasonable policies on hateful speech … Musk’s appointment to Twitter’s board shows that we need regulation of social-media platforms to prevent rich people from controlling our channels of communication.

more
https://spectator.org/biden-scares-america-media-sweats-elon-musk/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Re: Biden Scares America, Media Sweats Elon Musk by David Catron
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2022, 02:26:02 pm »
Musk’s appointment to Twitter’s board shows that we need regulation of social-media platforms to prevent rich people from controlling our channels of communication.

What she really means is:  we need regulation of social-media platforms to prevent non-leftists from being able to say anything at all.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2022, 04:25:25 pm »
What she really means is:  we need regulation of social-media platforms to prevent non-leftists from being able to say anything at all.

Musk declined the invitation to join the Board.  What's really going on here?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2022, 04:34:48 pm »

He's either messing with their minds, or he does intend to acquire a controlling interest in the company - by joining the board, he would have been limited to 14.9%.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2022, 04:45:54 pm »
He's either messing with their minds, or he does intend to acquire a controlling interest in the company - by joining the board, he would have been limited to 14.9%.

Ah!  I heard of that but did not know it was in the Articles of Incorporation.  Thanks!
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2022, 05:18:53 pm »

I'm pretty sure Musk is enjoying messing with their minds.  If I was that Indian dude who is the CEO I'd be looking for another job.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2022, 05:21:47 pm »
Ah!  I heard of that but did not know it was in the Articles of Incorporation.  Thanks!

It's probably not in the articles of incorporation, but most likely in the by-laws.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2022, 05:54:07 pm »
It's probably not in the articles of incorporation, but most likely in the by-laws.

So it will be interesting to see when this private stockholder decides to make a play for 50% +1 shares of the company.  I don't think he's backing off.
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2022, 06:34:13 pm »
So it will be interesting to see when this private stockholder decides to make a play for 50% +1 shares of the company.  I don't think he's backing off.

He might, but the company probably has a poison pill provision that will make it difficult for him to engage in a hostile takeover.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2022, 06:46:29 pm »

He might, but the company probably has a poison pill provision that will make it difficult for him to engage in a hostile takeover.

The possibility they were as clever in creating the poison pill as they have been great managers of the company is a number much greater than zero.

The recent (past couple of quarters) financial performance of Twitter has been poor, and it's more a lack of imagination than it has pissed off Twitterers leaving because of the censorship.  The core of users are as sharp as a box of bowling balls.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2022, 06:48:07 pm by Cyber Liberty »
I will NOT comply.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2022, 06:55:40 pm »
The possibility they were as clever in creating the poison pill as they have been great managers of the company is a number much greater than zero.

The recent (past couple of quarters) financial performance of Twitter has been poor, and it's more a lack of imagination than it has pissed off Twitterers leaving because of the censorship.  The core of users are as sharp as a box of bowling balls.

:shrug:  since it's a publicly-traded company, any poison-pill provisions should be disclosed in their public filings.  It might take a little digging, but if they have one, it'll be there someplace.