Author Topic: Report: Soaring Bidenflation Tipped to Hit Another 40-Year High  (Read 577 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Report: Soaring Bidenflation Tipped to Hit Another 40-Year High

Simon Kent 10 Apr 2022

Consumer price index data due out this week will show soaring U.S. inflation hit another four-decade high last month even as President Joe Biden claimed rising prices are more to do with malevolent outside forces than his own economic (mis)management.

The Financial Times (FT) forecasts consumer price index data available from Thursday will show a rise of 8.4 per cent year over the past 12 months based on estimates from Bloomberg, the fastest pace since 1981.

That grim news comes just days after Harvard Professor, Director of the National Economic Council under President Barack Obama, and Treasury Secretary under President Bill Clinton, Larry Summers, said recession risks also “are going way up” and he would put the odds of a recession in the next two years at above two-thirds.

He based that on the fact there hasn’t been a time in American history where inflation was over four percent with an unemployment rate below four percent where there wasn’t a recession within two years.

While the surge in U.S. consumer prices keeps accelerating it looks like the Biden administration still lacks the means – and the political will – to tackle headline inflation. The FT explains:

The gap between headline and core CPI points to a growing problem for the Federal Reserve.

Inflation produced by supply chain bottlenecks or sanctions on Russia is not within the Fed’s direct control, but will nevertheless produce a higher headline number. That could prompt calls for evermore aggressive policy.

The FT states the rate of U.S. price growth is up from 7.9 per cent in February, when the Ukraine conflict was just beginning.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2022/04/10/report-soaring-bidenflation-tipped-to-hit-another-40-year-high/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online LMAO

Re: Report: Soaring Bidenflation Tipped to Hit Another 40-Year High
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 01:51:18 pm »
Inflation was one of the factors that ended the prospects of a second term for both Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter. And it gave us Ronald Reagan and a 20 year boom period
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2022, 07:17:15 pm »
Inflation was one of the factors that ended the prospects of a second term for both Gerald Ford and Jimmy Carter. And it gave us Ronald Reagan and a 20 year boom period

I just wish there was a Reagan analog waiting in the wings - perhaps there is, but I fear there is not.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2022, 07:39:42 pm »
I just wish there was a Reagan analog waiting in the wings - perhaps there is, but I fear there is not.

DeSantis is a maybe.  :beer:

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 08:14:03 pm »

Fiscal hawks in congress or any other government are as extinct as Ivory Billed Woodpeckers.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2022, 08:22:39 pm »
Soaring inflation after we experienced the lowest unemployment in history and we were energy independent.  Shameful Joe, just shameful.  Shameful and evil.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2022, 10:03:16 pm »
bele:
"Shameful Joe, just shameful.  Shameful and evil."

ol' white joe really didn't have much to do with this. He is but a cipher, and little more.

Perhaps the blame should be placed upon whom it really belongs...