Author Topic: Ron DeSantis just sent a BIG 2024 message  (Read 451 times)

Online libertybele

Ron DeSantis just sent a BIG 2024 message
« on: April 10, 2022, 01:18:13 am »
Ron DeSantis just sent a BIG 2024 message

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis has raised more than $100 million for his 2022 reelection bid, a stunning sum that speaks as much to his national ambitions as it does to his prospects in the Sunshine State.
DeSantis is widely regarded as the biggest star not named "Donald Trump" within the Republican Party. He regularly runs second to Trump in 2024 straw polls and often wins them outright when Trump is not included.
And unlike many other Republicans mentioned as possible 2024 candidates, DeSantis has not said he would get out of the race to make way for Trump.

Which, of course, Trump has taken notice of. "I think that most of those people, and almost every name you mentioned, is there because of me," Trump told The Washington Post earlier this week about the potential field. "In some cases, because I backed them and endorsed them. You know Ron was at 3 percent, and the day I endorsed him, he won the race."

It's unclear what DeSantis makes of all of this. His 2022 reelection campaign gives him a convenient excuse to deflect all 2024 questions until after November. (Polling suggests he is a clear favorite for a second term in Republican-leaning Florida.)

But make no mistake: DeSantis and his allies very much meant to send a message with his fundraising totals. (According to CNN, he appears to be the first governor to break the $100 million mark in fundraising solely through donations.)
The message is this: I'm the big dog on this block...............

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/08/politics/desantis-reelection-campaign-money-2024-message/index.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Ron DeSantis just sent a BIG 2024 message
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2022, 03:05:38 pm »
I just don't see a professional pol like DeSantis beating Trump for president.

To ME,and I suspect a lot of other voters,Trump's charm is based on the FACT that he is NOT a professional politician,and he doesn't owe any of them a single damn thing.

Trump isn't interested in power,or even inflating his already massive ego. The ONLY thing he cares about is how he is written about in the history books as a former President. IMNSHO,he wants to go down in the history books as "the President that saved America from self-destruction",and nothing else matters to him in comparison.

DeSantis might make a good presidential candidate AFTER Trump leaves office,but right now what he need is a President who doesn't owe a lot of favors to either a political party,or to any of the weasels already holding public office.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!